Author Topic: A lot has been made about the chicken nuggets and mowing his own lawn  (Read 7685 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Have we talked picking up the dry cleaning yet?

"I'm telling you this guy is one of the best basketball coaches in the college game," Stallings said. "He is an outstanding coach. He's a tireless, tireless recruiter.

"He'll be a guy people will see at the dry cleaners picking up the cleaning. He's very approachable. He's a normal guy who just happens to be a very good college basketball coach."

Also, michigancat, is there still room on the shitlist?

http://themercury.com/k-statesports/article.aspx?articleId=f693797e03754d9eb7c341ad82ae87e0

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
Re: A lot has been made about the chicken nuggets and mowing his own lawn
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 02:32:57 PM »
Have we talked picking up the dry cleaning yet?

"I'm telling you this guy is one of the best basketball coaches in the college game," Stallings said. "He is an outstanding coach. He's a tireless, tireless recruiter.

"He'll be a guy people will see at the dry cleaners picking up the cleaning. He's very approachable. He's a normal guy who just happens to be a very good college basketball coach."

Also, michigancat, is there still room on the shitlist?

http://themercury.com/k-statesports/article.aspx?articleId=f693797e03754d9eb7c341ad82ae87e0

Didn't make it past the first paragraph.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 02:39:08 PM »
Manbeck might as well for for the athletic department.  Terrible.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 02:40:08 PM »
Jesus rough ridin' Christ. These aren't getting less infuriating as time goes on. Everything about that is painful, and the Gottlieb quotes are just the icing on the cake.

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 02:57:51 PM »
Cole, I hope she leaves you at the altar.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2012, 03:09:57 PM »
I didn't read this as Manbeck going along with Stallings, et al.  He put all their BS out there and leaves it to us to sort through.  Tucks will eat that crap up and we do what we do.  I envision him throwing that dry cleaner quote in there just for us.

Manbeck needs to be a hero and interview the AAU coach who thinks Weber is a racist, or really anyone whose opinion is relevant.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
I didn't read this as Manbeck going along with Stallings, et al.  He put all their BS out there and leaves it to us to sort through.  Tucks will eat that crap up and we do what we do.  I envision him throwing that dry cleaner quote in there just for us.

Manbeck needs to be a hero and interview the AAU coach who thinks Weber is a racist, or really anyone whose opinion is relevant.

Yes, pls to all avail Webs is a racist covg

Sent from my MB611 using Tapatalk

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2012, 03:14:56 PM »

If he does that I will no longer hope that she leaves him at the altar.  However, read that last section again.  He clearly believes the what he's being fed.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2012, 03:19:17 PM »
However, read that last section again.  He clearly believes the what he's being fed.

The only positive (and stupid) thing I see from Manbeck and not from some other dude at the dry cleaners is:

The reality is, K-State may have been in a fortunate position last week. Because last year, Weber turned down job offers from both Missouri and Oklahoma. So had Weber not been fired from Illinois this past season, K-State may not have been able to lure him away.

WTF?

Fortunate is Bob Huggins being an alcoholic and needing a job when we finally shitcanned Wooly, not this situation.

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2012, 03:22:50 PM »
However, read that last section again.  He clearly believes the what he's being fed.

The only positive (and stupid) thing I see from Manbeck and not from some other dude at the dry cleaners is:

The reality is, K-State may have been in a fortunate position last week. Because last year, Weber turned down job offers from both Missouri and Oklahoma. So had Weber not been fired from Illinois this past season, K-State may not have been able to lure him away.

WTF?

Fortunate is Bob Huggins being an alcoholic and needing a job when we finally shitcanned Wooly, not this situation.

That isn't enough?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2012, 03:23:24 PM »
Republicans are to Fox News what KSU Athletics Dept is to _______________

A) Bon Jovi
B) the T-Rex from Jurassic Park 2
C) Cole Manbeck
D) a rolling pin

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2012, 03:26:46 PM »
Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Cole wrote what people reading The Mercury wanted to read. Give him some credit.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2012, 03:31:25 PM »
That isn't enough?

Oh, it was pretty dumb, but very far from earning a shitlist spot with Keady and Stallings.

It's the (Easter) Sunday townie paper's welcome coach article.  For the most part, he let Weber's boys do the welcoming.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
A lot has been made about the chicken nuggets and mowing his own lawn
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2012, 03:48:55 PM »
Your AD says he will evaluate your performance at the end of the season.

How does this equate to your season going into the shitter?  WTF?

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2012, 03:58:13 PM »
Your AD says he will evaluate your performance at the end of the season.

How does this equate to your season going into the shitter?  WTF?

This is also after having lost 5 of 6 already.  With three of those losses coming to teams that ended up in the bottom half of the league.

But it wasn't Weber's fault.  :flush:

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2012, 05:16:22 PM »
oscar Weber would be proud of the way I just dominated my lawn.  The cross pattern is tight, edges are CLEAN.  Getting ready to put down some broadleaf control after I finish my beer.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

WTF?

Wasn't Todd Turner paid for both of those searches, too? I know he was for Lon, but wasn't sure about Haith.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2012, 05:41:08 PM »
I am hiring a Weber type to take care of my yard this yr.  I have way to much going on now and I'm not even on the cruit trail.

Sent from my MB611 using Tapatalk

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2012, 05:43:24 PM »
oscar Weber would be proud of the way I just dominated my lawn.  The cross pattern is tight, edges are CLEAN.  Getting ready to put down some broadleaf control after I finish my beer.

Hell, I'm proud of you, wabash.  Treat yourself to a LARGE chicken nuggets when you're done, I'll pay you back whatever it costs next time I see you.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2012, 05:50:54 PM »
Also, Rake, please consider this thread a formal request to update any videos or photoshops to include scenes of Weber at the dry cleaners.

If you want to make it really special, have him being much more polite to the cashier than I would be when he finds that they obliterated the buttons on his dress shirt.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2012, 06:44:31 PM »
it's nice that kstate & its media is making gottlieb handle p.r. for them.  they still think he was the catalyst, dumbasses.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2012, 06:53:58 PM »
it's nice that kstate & its media is making gottlieb handle p.r. for them.  they still think he was the catalyst, dumbasses.

:zzz:

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2012, 07:30:54 AM »

John Currie, in his third year as the K-State athletics director, was criticized by fans and the media for Martin's departure. But in fairness to him, he has replaced Martin with a man who is widely regarded as one of the best basketball coaches in the business — someone who has won 67 percent of his games during his coaching career.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2012, 07:33:35 AM »
is there anything less meaningful than coaches commenting on the worth of other coaches?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2012, 07:44:50 AM »
is there anything less meaningful than coaches commenting on the worth of other coaches?

No.