Author Topic: Stan Van Gundy/Dwight Howard awkward video (now master awesome NBA video thread)  (Read 47495 times)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
He's already a billionaire so the extra cash really doesn't mean a whole lot at the end of the day.

well, at least we know that this swiftly delivered reprimand from america's collective conscious will cure him (AND US!) of his racism and quite possibly save the world

We elected a black man to the highest office in the nation.  Racism is already over :don'tcare:

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
banning anyone from anything for life based on their words is completely rough ridin' ridiculous.  the nba just caved to public outcry.  i wouldn't be surprised if sterling was one of the least racist owners in the nba.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Say reprehensible things, get caught, deal with the backlash.

Yeah, the ego this guy has to say that crap to his paid for GF who he knows is a minority.  He is pretty dumb.  I mean, what do you think she sold that tape for?  Couple Mill?

I really don't think she leaked it, taping that phone call, in that manner is illegal in California. Platinum diggers & their attorneys are usually up on that stuff

I would be surprised if she wasn't part of it.  She seemed to be leading him quite a bit.

Also, I haven't read on the tape itself,  but could it have been a face to face and would that change legality?

i'm pretty sure it's illegal to record someone without them knowing.  the penalty is probably minor though.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
so help me out here. i am sick of hearing about this sterling stuff. like i'm tired of turning on the tv and seeing it, and it's only been  a few days. but i also ridiculed people for saying they were tired of hearing about the gay athletes coming out.

am i a hypocrite? or is that apples to oranges.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Assholes to bananas, technically.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
We elected a black man to the highest office in the nation. 

wait a second, what are you talking about? POTUS is black?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The league had to do what they did to satisfy the players, imo. The union was going to take extreme steps if the owners did not. 

Also, today's action will minimize the distraction from what have been the best playoffs ever.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
lol @ best playoffs ever

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
Say reprehensible things, get caught, deal with the backlash.

eff that guy and eff the NBA for not having avenues in place to assess more severe punishments in circumstances such as this.

Wut? What more do you want them to do?

2.5 mil means nothing to him, or most franchise owners for that matter.

metalhead wants him tossed in prison apparently

seems kinda nazish. i'd rather he just choke on his dinner and asphyxiate.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The business isn't the Clippers it's the NBA. They are well within their right to kick his ass out. If he sued the best case scenario is that he gets to remain the owner of the Clippers, then they kick the Clippers out of the league.

without knowledge of the inherent legal relationship between the league, its teams, and its owners, you don't really know what the NBA is within their right to do.  what gives the nba exclusivity from labor and employment laws that prevent employers, which the NBA could certainly be viewed as in this scenario, from dictating what people think outside of their workplace?  his billionaire ass should be protected just like the dude who works at taco bell making $8/hour.  if sterling sued, the nba has opened themselves up for a lot more damages than if sterling simply were to continuing to own his team.  he's the longest tenured owner in the league.  he's owned the team 30 years within this same league who's eyes for the first time are now wide open?  bullshit.

the nba has taken what they perceive to be the easy way out in an effort to protect their reputation, which in and of itself is beyond contrived.

shouldn't everyone have the right to say what they feel when outside of the workplace, within a private conversation?

sterling could simply say he was kidding, he's friends with magic, he's had countless professional relationships with african americans his entire career.  he's the league's most tenured owner.  his head coach is black.  it was a joke that was illegally taped and broadcast beyond its intended audience.  where's the rest of the recording when he explained he doesn't actually feel this way and that he mocking how dumb racists are?  was you're going to take the word of some gold digging hussy over his?  prove he wasn't kidding which you can't and give him a crap load of money for trying to strong arm his business away from him.

anyway, this is stupid.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The league had to do what they did to satisfy the players, imo. The union was going to take extreme steps if the owners did not. 

Also, today's action will minimize the distraction from what have been the best playoffs ever.

the union has to abide by the rules which they agreed to within their contract with the league.  the players have to abide by the CBA and their own respective contracts with, guess who, their owner.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
spracne's "take a look in the mir" post was absolutely a moon shot to the upper deck

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

the union has to abide by the rules which they agreed to within their contract with the league.  the players have to abide by the CBA and their own respective contracts with, guess who, their owner.

Sorry, but when you agree to join the cabal (NBA), you do so knowing that if there comes a day when most of the other members of the cabal (NBA) want you out, you're out, not unlike the mafia. 

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile

According to his Wiki, Sterling's birth surname is Tokowitz and he's the son of Jewish immigrants...  :nono:

Also, just getting caught up on this thread... This was not a isolated incident for DS when it comes to racism. There are several other reports of him being discriminatory in his other businesses. The phone convo was just the smoking gun that the NBA could point to as a reason to dump this assclown.

And whoever said that Silver looks like Dean Pelton...  :thumbs: :thumbs:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

According to his Wiki, Sterling's birth surname is Tokowitz and he's the son of Jewish immigrants...  :nono:

Also, just getting caught up on this thread... This was not a isolated incident for DS when it comes to racism. There are several other reports of him being discriminatory in his other businesses. The phone convo was just the smoking gun that the NBA could point to as a reason to dump this assclown.

he's also won NAACP awards :dunno:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
spracne's "take a look in the mir" post was absolutely a moon shot to the upper deck

It absolutely was, amazing post.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The business isn't the Clippers it's the NBA. They are well within their right to kick his ass out. If he sued the best case scenario is that he gets to remain the owner of the Clippers, then they kick the Clippers out of the league.

without knowledge of the inherent legal relationship between the league, its teams, and its owners, you don't really know what the NBA is within their right to do.  what gives the nba exclusivity from labor and employment laws that prevent employers, which the NBA could certainly be viewed as in this scenario, from dictating what people think outside of their workplace?  his billionaire ass should be protected just like the dude who works at taco bell making $8/hour.  if sterling sued, the nba has opened themselves up for a lot more damages than if sterling simply were to continuing to own his team.  he's the longest tenured owner in the league.  he's owned the team 30 years within this same league who's eyes for the first time are now wide open?  bullshit.

the nba has taken what they perceive to be the easy way out in an effort to protect their reputation, which in and of itself is beyond contrived.

shouldn't everyone have the right to say what they feel when outside of the workplace, within a private conversation?

sterling could simply say he was kidding, he's friends with magic, he's had countless professional relationships with african americans his entire career.  he's the league's most tenured owner.  his head coach is black.  it was a joke that was illegally taped and broadcast beyond its intended audience.  where's the rest of the recording when he explained he doesn't actually feel this way and that he mocking how dumb racists are?  was you're going to take the word of some gold digging hussy over his?  prove he wasn't kidding which you can't and give him a crap load of money for trying to strong arm his business away from him.

anyway, this is stupid.

I do know, and the league does have the authority to disband the Clippers according to their bylaws, just as they have the authority to make him sell. If you didn't know for sure I'm confused about why you would question what I know.

Also the league contacted him and the Clippers, if he was joking he had the chance to tell them, although I doubt he was joking about giving them money, cars, and houses.

This story is trite and old though, I was really annoyed watching the games last night and seeing those dumb tweets on the scroll last night, I'm glad the news cycle on this is just about done.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile

I was referring to the notion of incarcerating him, nothing else.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
This Stiviano lady talks like a robot.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

She's super ugly too.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

She's super ugly too.

She should be on those plastic surgery mishaps shows

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Puk9cXDODEQ

SNL killed it in their cold opening this weekend.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
Thanks, Trim. I planned on posting and forgot. Steven Adams is my new fave. Such a great player/personality. Okc fans are so blessed with the entertainment of the Westbrook/Adams/Perkins soundbite combo

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Thanks, Trim. I planned on posting and forgot. Steven Adams is my new fave. Such a great player/personality. Okc fans are so blessed with the entertainment of the Westbrook/Adams/Perkins soundbite combo

What’s it been like living in Oklahoma City your first year?

It’s real weird. The people are amazing, don’t get me wrong. People are amazing, really, really nice people. Awesome fans. Really committed, awesome place. But the weather here is ridiculous. The winter is like, I was sliding around everywhere, it’s really cold. Like thunderstorms, it’s so hot. I was like, ‘Oh, man’. I don’t want to say it sucks, but it’s borderline.