Author Topic: Stan Van Gundy/Dwight Howard awkward video (now master awesome NBA video thread)  (Read 47486 times)

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
Lot of dumbasses outing themselves in this thread

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
the other multi-billionaire white guy old family money NBA owners aren't racist and have never said anything racist.  i can assure you of this.

the nba should have condemned what he said and left it at that.  forcing him to sell his franchise in its current state is an easy way out for sterling.  let him and his franchise wallow in the mess he created and allow the value to drop with it.  he'll have to sell unless he likes losing money as the franchise continues to decline in value.

there is so much contrived bullshit that the nba and a lot of its ancillary hangers-ons are playing right now

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10857268/removing-donald-sterling-la-clippers-owner-fix-our-culture

Great article by Whitlock.

Instead, the mainstream fanned the flames, enraging the angry black mob looking for a quick solution, a sacrificial lamb -- and now, by the end of the week, we'll be back to business as usual, pretending the stoning of Sterling harmed the culture that created him.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Silver looks like the dean off of Community.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10857268/removing-donald-sterling-la-clippers-owner-fix-our-culture

Instead, the mainstream fanned the flames, enraging the angry black mob looking for a quick solution, a sacrificial lamb -- and now, by the end of the week, we'll be back to business as usual, pretending the stoning of Sterling harmed the culture that created him.

that's the solution you dumbfucks came up with? Jesus Christ.

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

that's the solution you dumbfucks came up with? Jesus Christ.

What solution?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
didn't realize you cut off what came before "instead"

Well-intentioned white people should be holding nationally televised panel discussions focusing on ways to lessen the damaging impact of white-supremacy culture. Well-intentioned white people who work within or support the NBA should be demanding that the NBA power structure cede some of its governing power to men and women who look like the overwhelming majority of the league's players.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I usually read Whitlock's perspective. He's always been interesting. Also, it was interesting to see that Sterling was about to be honored with his 2nd lifetime achievement award from the NAACP.

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
didn't realize you cut off what came before "instead"

Well-intentioned white people should be holding nationally televised panel discussions focusing on ways to lessen the damaging impact of white-supremacy culture. Well-intentioned white people who work within or support the NBA should be demanding that the NBA power structure cede some of its governing power to men and women who look like the overwhelming majority of the league's players.

I don't agree with that paragraph so I didn't quote it.  :thumbsup:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The business isn't the Clippers it's the NBA. They are well within their right to kick his ass out. If he sued the best case scenario is that he gets to remain the owner of the Clippers, then they kick the Clippers out of the league. This is the wrong issue to defend Sterling's right to own a team in someone else's league. Just because I'm ordering bottle service at the bar doesn't mean I can do stupid crap and not get removed from the club.

What intrigues me is the fine, they removed him but fined him 2.5 million. Why would he give a dime, I'm sure he'll tell them GFY

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
Say reprehensible things, get caught, deal with the backlash.

eff that guy and eff the NBA for not having avenues in place to assess more severe punishments in circumstances such as this.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
The business isn't the Clippers it's the NBA. They are well within their right to kick his ass out. If he sued the best case scenario is that he gets to remain the owner of the Clippers, then they kick the Clippers out of the league. This is the wrong issue to defend Sterling's right to own a team in someone else's league. Just because I'm ordering bottle service at the bar doesn't mean I can do stupid crap and not get removed from the club.

What intrigues me is the fine, they removed him but fined him 2.5 million. Why would he give a dime, I'm sure he'll tell them GFY

Yeah, as I mentioned, I am sure this is exactly what a franchise agreement states. 

The only way this guy gets a decent price is if the NBA buys him out and sells to a new owner after the fact.

Didn't they do something like this with New Orleans?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile

Yeah, the ego this guy has to say that crap to his paid for GF who he knows is a minority.  He is pretty dumb.  I mean, what do you think she sold that tape for?  Couple Mill?

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

eff that guy and eff the NBA for not having avenues in place to assess more severe punishments in circumstances such as this.

Wut? What more do you want them to do?

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
I think that the vote to force him to sell is kinda BS, but the lifetime ban is the right move. Kinda like " uhh, you can keep your car, but you will never have a drivers license again and aren't allowed to touch it. But if you really want to, I guess you can still claim that you own a car"

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I think that the vote to force him to sell is kinda BS, but the lifetime ban is the right move. Kinda like " uhh, you can keep your car, but you will never have a drivers license again and aren't allowed to touch it. But if you really want to, I guess you can still claim that you own a car"

:thumbs:

metalhead wants him tossed in prison apparently

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Again, forcing him to sell is much easier than forcing all of the players into free agency and then disbanding the Clippers and in turn forcing all of the Clippers employees into unemployment.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Yeah, as I mentioned, I am sure this is exactly what a franchise agreement states. 

The only way this guy gets a decent price is if the NBA buys him out and sells to a new owner after the fact.

Didn't they do something like this with New Orleans?

The NBA won't buy him out and he will get a phenomenal price for the team, they play in Los Angeles. The only negative is they don't own their arena. Buying the team from Donald Sterling will be a positive for the new owner.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile

Again, forcing him to sell is much easier than forcing all of the players into free agency and then disbanding the Clippers and in turn forcing all of the Clippers employees into unemployment.

Right, I guess I'm just annoyed that this guy is still gonna walk away with $1.5B in cash.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Yeah, the ego this guy has to say that crap to his paid for GF who he knows is a minority.  He is pretty dumb.  I mean, what do you think she sold that tape for?  Couple Mill?

I really don't think she leaked it, taping that phone call, in that manner is illegal in California. Platinum diggers & their attorneys are usually up on that stuff

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Right, I guess I'm just annoyed that this guy is still gonna walk away with $1.5B in cash.

Pretty amazing investment

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
He's already a billionaire so the extra cash really doesn't mean a whole lot at the end of the day.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
He's already a billionaire so the extra cash really doesn't mean a whole lot at the end of the day.

well, at least we know that this swiftly delivered reprimand from america's collective conscious will cure him (AND US!) of his racism and quite possibly save the world

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile

I really don't think she leaked it, taping that phone call, in that manner is illegal in California. Platinum diggers & their attorneys are usually up on that stuff

I would be surprised if she wasn't part of it.  She seemed to be leading him quite a bit.

Also, I haven't read on the tape itself,  but could it have been a face to face and would that change legality?