Author Topic: Stan Van Gundy/Dwight Howard awkward video (now master awesome NBA video thread)  (Read 47524 times)

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
proven fact that westbrook is a complete stud/boss.  lol @ DJamer wally

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
wedding wally is an idiot

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
Is this the thread where we talk about Donald Sterling?

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I'll tell ya what, I'm about sick and tired of hearing about it. The fact that the Clips had a team meeting to discuss possibly not playing today in protest is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. This piece of crap has been a known racist for years.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

I'll tell ya what, I'm about sick and tired of hearing about it. The fact that the Clips had a team meeting to discuss possibly not playing today in protest is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. This piece of crap has been a known racist for years.

Exactly. As if this was surprising to the clippers.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

yes, the man is a racist, we get it.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

You guys aren't serious are you?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I'm half joking. But it honestly feels a lot like finding out Cliven Bundy was a big time racist.

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I'm half joking. But it honestly feels a lot like finding out Cliven Bundy was a big time racist.

To me, Stone Cold Steve Austin coming out in favor of gay marriage is a bigger story than this. I mean, who would of thunk it?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

To me, Stone Cold Steve Austin coming out in favor of gay marriage is a bigger story than this. I mean, who would of thunk it?

WHAT?

He did? Wow, had no idea that it's surprising.

Anyway to these guys your boss essentially saying publicly that he detests you because you're black is very different than him not renting Bel Aire and Koreatown apartments to black people. The apartment thing is worse but this is just in your face, most of those dudes probably don't even know about the apartment thing. He will never be able to attract a decent fee agent ever again.

I gotta think Doc Rivers will be coaching at either Golden State, Oklahoma City, or Indy next season.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'm also interested in the fact that Sterling told the Clippers front office to lie about this in their statement then within the statement they couldn't get the lie straight. The first part of the statement says they aren't sure if the audio was altered or not, how in the hell could you not know, then the second half of the statement is Sterling denying that he said it or thought it.

I'm also intrigued at the NAACP being exposed for continually giving this guy awards when he's paid tens of millions of dollars in discrimination settlements and when he celebrated Black History Month in March by giving poor kids basketball tickets.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I know that the bigger story here is Sterling being a racist, but now I'm wondering about Doc's future. So I thought up some scenarios:

1. If Sterling steps down from The Clippers, do you believe Doc stays? If Sterling stays and Doc leaves, who in the hell is going to take that job?
2. I think the only way OKC is looking for a new coach is if they lose this series, which is hilariously possible. Vogel may be out at Pacers unless he makes it to the Finals, and where do you think Mark Jackson is going? The smartest move for Doc, I think, is to team up with Phil in New York.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I know that the bigger story here is Sterling being a racist, but now I'm wondering about Doc's future. So I thought up some scenarios:

1. If Sterling steps down from The Clippers, do you believe Doc stays? If Sterling stays and Doc leaves, who in the hell is going to take that job?
2. I think the only way OKC is looking for a new coach is if they lose this series, which is hilariously possible. Vogel may be out at Pacers unless he makes it to the Finals, and where do you think Mark Jackson is going? The smartest move for Doc, I think, is to team up with Phil in New York.

this is what i want, but my people in ny (@espn.com) say phil might not be done coaching.   

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

1. Doc will stay if Sterling leaves, but not if it's Sterling's wife who becomes the owner. If Sterling stays I'd look for Cliven Bundy's bodyguard to be the leading candidate for the head coaching job.
2. Mark Jackson to NY seems obvious if it won't be Phil, although I have no idea what the relationship is between Phil and Jackson.

Also Mark Jackson's comments today that the Clippers fans shouldn't go to the game is the height of self-serving douchiness. Damn I like his team but between all of his assistant coaches and his front office hating him, I kinda hope he gets canned. The strongest statement would be for him and/or his team to not participate because of Sterling, why won't he do that?

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

1. Doc will stay if Sterling leaves, but not if it's Sterling's wife who becomes the owner. If Sterling stays I'd look for Cliven Bundy's bodyguard to be the leading candidate for the head coaching job.
2. Mark Jackson to NY seems obvious if it won't be Phil, although I have no idea what the relationship is between Phil and Jackson.

Also Mark Jackson's comments today that the Clippers fans shouldn't go to the game is the height of self-serving douchiness. Damn I like his team but between all of his assistant coaches and his front office hating him, I kinda hope he gets canned. The strongest statement would be for him and/or his team to not participate because of Sterling, why won't he do that?

Because it wouldn't accomplish anything.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I'm aware, just as it wouldn't if fans boycotted either. Just pointing out the obvious hypocrisy.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

well, neither would fans not showing up to the game. The inside out shirts and calling for fans to not come to the game are pretty hollow protests. Like Van Gundy said yesterday during the game - these are men that can take a stand if they want to. I totally understand why they don't and probably wouldn't if I were in their shoes, though.

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Steve Kerr probs going to get the gig in NY. Will take.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
do you guys  agree that sterling should be forced out of the league?  i don't think he should be.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
do you guys  agree that sterling should be forced out of the league?  i don't think he should be.

He's clearly an ass, but how do you take away someone's business that they own?

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile

when he views a majority of his employees and potential employees as slaves? seems appropriate imo.

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

when he views a majority of his employees and potential employees as slaves? seems appropriate imo.

He might view them as slaves but he doesn't treat them as slaves. Big difference.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
but I mean, they've known about crap like this for a long time, haven't they?

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile

He might view them as slaves but he doesn't treat them as slaves. Big difference.

I'd probably argue that isn't completely true.

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
but I mean, they've known about crap like this for a long time, haven't they?

That is kind of what has me confused. He's always been a piece of crap. What changed?