Author Topic: Eff it, I'm buying in....  (Read 36078 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Eff it, I'm buying in....
« Reply #225 on: March 12, 2013, 09:05:12 PM »
Beems is right about the '13 class BTW. We have 3 solid role players and 1 project in that class. Comparing any of these guys to Angel based on being outside of the top 150 is stupid. Angel had offers from L-Ville, NC State, and Miami. The best offers for our guys in '13 are Oklahoma, Colorado, and Cal. I think this class is nice in the sense that it keeps us afloat, but if we don't land a difference maker or two in '14, then we will sink pretty fast.
Villanova, etc. But yes, all the same.

What schools comprise the etc?
Seton Hall, Richmond, Dayton, Texas Tech, Penn State, etc.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 12, 2013, 09:07:09 PM »
Beems is right about the '13 class BTW. We have 3 solid role players and 1 project in that class. Comparing any of these guys to Angel based on being outside of the top 150 is stupid. Angel had offers from L-Ville, NC State, and Miami. The best offers for our guys in '13 are Oklahoma, Colorado, and Cal. I think this class is nice in the sense that it keeps us afloat, but if we don't land a difference maker or two in '14, then we will sink pretty fast.

Those offers are mostly terrible. Some could be viewed as average.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 12, 2013, 09:23:12 PM »

You're mostly terrible (as a poster). You wanna ignore Villanova, Richmond, and Dayton as teams who've made a run in the tournament recently and who've had an eye for talent, so be it. crap, even Frank lost a recruit to Penn State in the past year under K-State. You're not a recruiting wiz by checking out stars and other teams offers. He had a short time to operate. Other main schools have been recruiting the'13 class for years. He did what he could with his time.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 12, 2013, 09:30:21 PM »
Doesn't change the fact that those offers are pretty bad. I mean, if we are going to permanently be recruiting against SH, Richmond, Dayton and Penn State, then burn this rough rider down.
:adios:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 12, 2013, 09:35:47 PM »
If the '14 class is like this, I totally agree. However, Foster is going to be a stud and I think we'll oscar, Orris. If not, you can berate me all you want next year.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 12, 2013, 09:38:13 PM »
lump me in with fanning. #teamnoreasontobenegativeyet

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 12, 2013, 09:39:07 PM »
lump me in with fanning. #teamnoreasontobenegativeyet
:thumbs:

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Eff it, I'm buying in....
« Reply #232 on: March 12, 2013, 09:42:44 PM »
If the '14 class is like this, I totally agree. However, Foster is going to be a stud and I think we'll oscar, Orris. If not, you can berate me all you want next year.

I agree, I think we are fine, just don't take the stand that those are decent offers just because you think deuce is a bad poster.
:adios:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 12, 2013, 09:44:59 PM »

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 12, 2013, 09:46:49 PM »

I agree, I think we are fine, just don't take the stand that those are decent offers just because you think deuce is a bad poster.
My point was, it could be worse. The '13 class has been wine and dined by major coaches/programs for the last 3 years. oscar could have done worse on his short time.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 12, 2013, 09:51:43 PM »
 :emawkid:

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 12, 2013, 09:53:46 PM »

You're mostly terrible (as a poster). You wanna ignore Villanova, Richmond, and Dayton as teams who've made a run in the tournament recently and who've had an eye for talent, so be it. crap, even Frank lost a recruit to Penn State in the past year under K-State. You're not a recruiting wiz by checking out stars and other teams offers. He had a short time to operate. Other main schools have been recruiting the'13 class for years. He did what he could with his time.

Offers from those schools are fine, but not if they are your best offer. We need a couple of big time players on the court every year to compete for the Big XII, and these kids don't look like they fit the bill. The kids in the '13 class were not ranked highly, and coaches of other legit contenders didn't think enough of them to offer them a scholly. If you want to watch video of them abusing kids that are terrible basketball players, and proclaim their greatness while fancying yourself come kind of talent guru, then go ahead. Also, let's not act like oscar had just started recruiting the class of '13 when he got here. He couldn't convince any of the kids he had been recruiting at Illinois (except for Orris  :curse:) to come to K-State. Let's hope he can make up for it in the '14 class.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 12, 2013, 09:57:24 PM »

You realize this was the point I was making with my post, right?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 12, 2013, 10:01:08 PM »
We all agree Orris is a mistake. If you wanna find a reason to be depressed after this season then go for it. There's better times to be edgy than now. Find the time. I know GoPo abused you, but take strides with your goEMAW adventure. We'll criticize when the time comes.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: March 12, 2013, 10:02:57 PM »

No. You were dogging on '13 hard.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 12, 2013, 10:07:42 PM »

No. You were dogging on '13 hard.

Your reading comprehension is horrible if that's what you got from my post. The '13 class isn't bringing any titles to titletown if we continue to recruit that caliber of player. We need to do better in '14. I'm not being negative. I think oscar has the program in a pretty good position right now. He just has to get the job done with this '14 class. If he does that, then we'll all be smoking cigars and drinking cognac together after he wins his first Natty here at K-State  :cheers:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 12, 2013, 10:09:26 PM »
:friends:  :cheers: Class '14 or bust.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 12, 2013, 10:10:30 PM »
 :thumbs:

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 12, 2013, 11:39:45 PM »
You know who had top 150 players and never won a title? Frank.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 12, 2013, 11:42:12 PM »
Also, I think Frazier could end up being a pretty damn good recruiter.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 13, 2013, 12:09:38 AM »
Also, I think Frazier could end up being a pretty damn good recruiter.

pffftt... The King of recruiting

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 13, 2013, 12:52:46 AM »
 :lol:
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 13, 2013, 01:18:20 AM »

My point was, it could be worse. The '13 class has been wine and dined by major coaches/programs for the last 3 years. oscar could have done worse on his short time.
Not sure I agree here.  More and more we see players signing with coaches, not teams.  I would think we should at least see some of the leg work done from oscar's time at Illinois.  Its not like we hired a midmajor who suddenly has to look at a different talent pool for recruiting.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 13, 2013, 01:22:15 AM »

Not sure I agree here.  More and more we see players signing with coaches, not teams.  I would think we should at least see some of the leg work done from oscar's time at Illinois.  Its not like we hired a midmajor who suddenly has to look at a different talent pool for recruiting.

I think it's hard to criticize him for not landing the elite Chicago kids. They don't care about staying close to home, just get them to the league.