Author Topic: Eff it, I'm buying in....  (Read 35817 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Eff it, I'm buying in....
« Reply #200 on: March 12, 2013, 10:07:54 AM »
Chet is the hardest working assistant we've ever had. Fwiw.

And yet, zero recruits in the top 150 for next season.  Look, I get it... you guys want to believe in your coach.  Great, but this is goEMAW, not gpc.  You guys are supposed to be better than this.
GTFOOH, beems! Go ruin another thread.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 12, 2013, 10:13:41 AM »

And yet, zero recruits in the top 150 for next season.  Look, I get it... you guys want to believe in your coach.  Great, but this is goEMAW, not gpc.  You guys are supposed to be better than this.
GTFOOH, beems! Go ruin another thread.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 12, 2013, 10:14:24 AM »

the 2013 class is good enough. it's not spectacular, but it's not bad enough to get me down. here's to hoping that it only gets better in 2014.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 12, 2013, 10:15:30 AM »

the 2013 class is good enough. it's not spectacular, but it's not bad enough to get me down. here's to hoping that it only gets better in 2014.

Zero recruits in the top 150 is "good enough?"  Damn, you guys are really eating this crap up. 

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 12, 2013, 10:19:55 AM »
i'm well documented in saying that i don't care about rankings. yes, if we landed three top 50 guys i would be stoked, but i don't see much difference in the guys we landed and the prospects that are ranked 100-150.

Offline yoman

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 12, 2013, 10:20:22 AM »
Beems is right FWIW. I love that we are conference champions and think Thomas and Foster will be good, not great players. However, to continue to compete at a high level, oscar and co are gonna have to ramp up recruiting results. Unless of course oscar is a scheme doctor  :bill:
I think this yoman guy is on to something....

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 12, 2013, 10:28:14 AM »
We all know the story, dumbasses. We banged the drum a thousand times in the off season. This thread was started when it was miserable around here in the summer. The players bought in and look where we are. Beems, Dr. J, & other squawks have been telling us that our recruiting sucks for years. They even thought franks players were garbage. FTR, Diaz was top a top 150 guy and Angel wasn't. We get it Illinois, squawks, etc. We know the story. However,  he accomplished something that hasn't been done since '77. Don't let beems butthurt bring you down.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 12, 2013, 10:31:17 AM »
Let's just be honest about what it takes to get "Top 150" recruits... Its no big secret. 

Top 150 recruits are sealed by one thing, and one thing only:  :kstategrad:

ku has been doing it for as long as I can remember and they aren't stopping anytime soon.  There's a reason that they are the ONLY school ever to be denied an opportunity to defend a title.  The cheating has been rampant over there in an attempt to preserve their lone sense of pride. 

We got a few recruits under Hill & Martin because we "played the game".  Whether it lasts or not will be solely determined by our coaches and boosters abilities to keep some cash flow under the table to the kids deserving of a little spending money. 

The only thing that has saved Lil bro all these years is having such close connections to the NCAA headquarters in OP, KS.
bears are fast...

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 12, 2013, 11:06:12 AM »
Oh great... the tucks are back to the "KU cheats" rally cry.

:flush:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 12, 2013, 11:16:46 AM »
Well I know for a fact they do.

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: March 12, 2013, 11:18:07 AM »
Well I was gonna buy in but then I read beems posts here and now I've got the nervous shits again.   :cry:

Offline GCJayhawker

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 12, 2013, 11:18:37 AM »

Apparently every fan of every other fan base has proof of KU cheating, nothing new.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 12, 2013, 11:22:10 AM »

Apparently every fan of every other fan base has proof of KU cheating, nothing new.

I think we've (you and I) talked about this before.  So I don't know how that constitutes "every fan."  Doesn't change the facts though.  I'm not upset about it, FWIW.  It's just how things are and it's not just KU either.  If we really wanted to compete we'd find a way. 

Offline GCJayhawker

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 12, 2013, 11:25:47 AM »

I think we've (you and I) talked about this before.  So I don't know how that constitutes "every fan."  Doesn't change the facts though.  I'm not upset about it, FWIW.  It's just how things are and it's not just KU either.  If we really wanted to compete we'd find a way.

The every fan was an over generalization, but there is always a lot of fans talking about how they have proof or know KU cheats.  I'm pretty sure most programs in men's basketball and football "cheat" in some manner.  I am with you on that one.

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 12, 2013, 12:21:49 PM »
I'll echo what others have said. I'm not bought in yet because of all the baggage oscar brought with him. I think he was a terrible hire that sucked the life out of  this program.

But winning is an easy way to convert me. And I like the recruiting class that is coming in. I think 3/4 will play valuable minutes next year, and at least one will be a 2nd team all conference by their junior year. It's not a homerun, but they are good enough to keep K-State where it's at right now.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 12, 2013, 12:30:16 PM »
Need to stop looking at players as numbers e.g ranked 131 player, and start looking at them as Basketball players. Also, have to see if recruits fit the system. Masta Self has really rubbed of on Beems, truly sad.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 12, 2013, 01:25:19 PM »
Oh great... the tucks are back to the "KU cheats" rally cry.

:flush:

Are you saying that basketball recruiting is squeaky clean at ku and that the players on the roster are not getting any extra spending cash? Do you REALLY believe that players at ku are not on the payroll?  I'd like to believe you're not that stupid although you've continually proven you are..

It's not a big secret that it was taking place under Frank & Dalonte while they were here.  If Currie stops it while Weber is here, we'll sink.  If not, then the rivalry grows.

bears are fast...

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 12, 2013, 06:11:19 PM »
I have a theory that oscar and Lowery are two half-men that combine into one whole elite basketball coach. oscar is the basketball X's and O's savant who has no interpersonal skills and can't motivate or relate with people. Lowery isn't good at basketball, but knows how to talk to the kids and connect to them and motivate them. Separately, they were both failures. Together? No Limits.

I've been saying this all year. And by "all year" I mean "since the Florida game".

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 12, 2013, 06:19:19 PM »
My new theory is that oscar will be ok with elite level PG talent.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 12, 2013, 06:45:57 PM »
When people here say that they think KU is paying players, it is with equal parts respect, jealousy, and logic.
:adios:

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 12, 2013, 08:24:58 PM »
When people here say that they think KU is paying players, it is with equal parts respect, jealousy, and logic.

I misinterpreted "respect" for a minute, and as a result was really confused by your post.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 12, 2013, 08:33:11 PM »
Beems is right about the '13 class BTW. We have 3 solid role players and 1 project in that class. Comparing any of these guys to Angel based on being outside of the top 150 is stupid. Angel had offers from L-Ville, NC State, and Miami. The best offers for our guys in '13 are Oklahoma, Colorado, and Cal. I think this class is nice in the sense that it keeps us afloat, but if we don't land a difference maker or two in '14, then we will sink pretty fast.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 12, 2013, 08:46:49 PM »
Beems is right about the '13 class BTW. We have 3 solid role players and 1 project in that class. Comparing any of these guys to Angel based on being outside of the top 150 is stupid. Angel had offers from L-Ville, NC State, and Miami. The best offers for our guys in '13 are Oklahoma, Colorado, and Cal. I think this class is nice in the sense that it keeps us afloat, but if we don't land a difference maker or two in '14, then we will sink pretty fast.
Villanova, etc. But yes, all the same.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 12, 2013, 08:53:43 PM »
Villanova, etc. But yes, all the same.

What schools comprise the etc?