Author Topic: I hope we win  (Read 22270 times)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: I hope we win
« Reply #75 on: April 03, 2012, 09:34:51 PM »
I'm not going over the top pro-weber...but I'll continue to be over the top pro-kstate
Very well put, Steve Dave, very well put.  :thumbsup:

Yeah, I appreciate steve dave putting this out there when the rest of us weber-ites or semi-weber-ites were scared to do it.

just for the record, i'm not one of the ones that was scared to. i hate oscar weber and will never like him and will make fun of all of you guys forever about this. you can be pro kstate and hate this situation and still want the whole thing to blow up. steve dave basically just showed up after five days of not posting and called half the people here not real fans. give me a break.  :jerk:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 03, 2012, 09:34:51 PM »
what is a better predictor of coaching success?  how much pilots like him, or his record over the previous six years?
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline unleashthemob

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 03, 2012, 09:37:16 PM »
this thread makes me profoundly sad.

me too. i hate oscar weber and john currie should no longer be allowed to choose the direction of our athletic teams. not the two that matter anyway. i love  all remaining players though and i will cheer them on from a distance next year with great passion. i wish they all transfered tomorrow for selfish reasons but if they are happy then that makes me less angry.
less angry??? this scares the EMAW sh*t out of me...God help us!

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 03, 2012, 09:38:09 PM »
what is a better predictor of coaching success?  how much pilots like him, or his record over the previous six years?

did you read the search firm article? wins and losses doesn't have much to do with it.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #79 on: April 03, 2012, 09:39:03 PM »

did you read the search firm article? wins and losses doesn't have much to do with it.
It was the opposite of the Illinois search in many ways....

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 03, 2012, 09:41:24 PM »
You can root for the cats to win and hate currie while doing it. Dont have to like weber to hope he wins either.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 03, 2012, 09:46:16 PM »
Here's the thing, our only power is our money and our presence/attendence.  Hate with money and attendence is just hate.  Hate w/o either is action, and as they say, for every action.......

Sent from my MB611 using Tapatalk

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 03, 2012, 09:46:34 PM »
I want to like him. I do. But after being the angriest fans in America, I just can't get excited about having this guy as our coach:

SB, who in this world said he is exciting.  I just want our team to win; and who gives a crap if he's someone who makes me uncomfortable, chocolate, or chile pepper.  :opcat:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 03, 2012, 09:47:27 PM »
I don't hope we lose to force out Weber.  I hope we win.  I hope we are all wrong about him and we do well.  At first all I wanted to do was be angry and make what was done be undone.  I don't agree with the hire but I really don't see any benefit in hoping for losses to move on quicker.  I still think John Currie is out for himself and we would do well to not lose sight of that.  But, ultimately, I'm glad that the players are all allegedly staying and I'm still going to be excited for basketball.

:thumbs:
emaw

catzacker

« Reply #84 on: April 03, 2012, 09:51:05 PM »
So is The War over?

Yup.  We waited too long unfortunately.  Currie wins.

We got robbed by a little old lady in a motorized cart, and we didn't even see it coming.

Offline unleashthemob

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 03, 2012, 09:52:09 PM »
We can't do much about oscar now....the issue at hand is currie....we have to hold it together!

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
I hope we win
« Reply #86 on: April 03, 2012, 09:57:29 PM »
Currie: Hey Todd lookin for a coach finally ran Frank off.  How's Dave doin?

Todd: Wow! How did you get that done?

Currie: Due to FERPA I can't really talk about it.  Ahhhh just fuckin with ya.  Had a mole at Dillons and pinched Jamar.

Todd: Yeah heard that.  Vet move right there bud!

Currie:  Yeah Frank was FUCKIN PISSED. You shoulda seen him.  Anyway I need a guy on the cheap that I can sell to these fuckin rubes but could win me enough games to gmtfooh!

Todd: Well crap how bout Weber?  Dude can't eff up that roster and the rubes will eat up his "awe shucks" bullshit.  I mean this dick mows his own lawn.

Currie: PERFECT!!  Well crap we got a bunch of expense account left on this bitch.  Whattya say we get out of town and get blasted.  I'll tell Schulzy I need some space to pour over some "graphs".

Todd:  Yeah, nice.  Hey I know some bitches in Dallas.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 10:00:58 PM by LickNeckey »

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 03, 2012, 10:01:08 PM »
I can confirm that oscar Weber is an amazing person.

A little bit of inside info I'd like to share.

ANYWAY, good fried of mine is a pilot, and flys for KSU from time to time, so he's flown most of the coaches over the past year. He flew Weber home the other night to IL after his introduction here in Manhattan.

He told me that Coach Weber and his wife are easily the nicest people that he has ever met in his life. The pilots always get a hotel room, but he said Weber told them they were more than welcome to stay at his house, that he had extra room.

He said it was great experience and he's a fan already. Just thought I'd share some positives, and I post this as someone who's not been a big fan of the hire.

Sounds like we have a great person, and if we support him, let's hope he can get it done here.
that's nice...wooly was nice, and we had nice players,  life was so dreamy! nice becomes soft..this is my biggest fear
oscar will slowly but surely kill us softly...
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 03, 2012, 10:04:46 PM »
We can't do much about oscar now....the issue at hand is currie....we have to hold it together!

I'm fading fast, though.  The more I hear these stories about the horrible PR we would have had keeping Frank, the more I'm starting to appreciate Currie for hiring one of the nicest people I may ever meet in my life.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline unleashthemob

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 03, 2012, 10:07:13 PM »
 :emawkid:
I can confirm that oscar Weber is an amazing person.

A little bit of inside info I'd like to share.

ANYWAY, good fried of mine is a pilot, and flys for KSU from time to time, so he's flown most of the coaches over the past year. He flew Weber home the other night to IL after his introduction here in Manhattan.

He told me that Coach Weber and his wife are easily the nicest people that he has ever met in his life. The pilots always get a hotel room, but he said Weber told them they were more than welcome to stay at his house, that he had extra room.

He said it was great experience and he's a fan already. Just thought I'd share some positives, and I post this as someone who's not been a big fan of the hire.

Sounds like we have a great person, and if we support him, let's hope he can get it done here.
that's nice...wooly was nice, and we had nice players,  life was so dreamy! nice becomes soft..this is my biggest fear
oscar will slowly but surely kill us softly...
yup...

Offline Barry McCockner

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 03, 2012, 10:11:18 PM »
This will come as a complete rough ridin' shock to everyone I'm sure, but I hope he wins, too.  I don't think he will, but I hope he does.  That said, I hope Currie is gone as soon as possible.  In truth, Weber's success or lack of probably doesn't have much impact on this.  What will ultimately have the most impact on Currie leaving is whether or not another school makes him an offer (O) that exceeds his desire to stay in Manhattan (D).  D is already a very small number, but unfortunately O is most likely zero right now.  O > D = victory for K-State.  My goal is to rough ridin' destroy D to the point it is approaching zero, and wait for O to change to a positive value.
"WELL BARYY YOU GOTTA DO WHAT YOU DO BECUZ IF YOU DONT DO IT, THEN WHO WILL - YOU GOTTA HAVE HART AND DATERMANASHIN AND FLOURIDE IN YOUR SYSTEM TO BE A TRUE CHAMPION" - The Ed

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 03, 2012, 10:15:16 PM »
brucey is going to lull us all back into a mediocre slumber. our anger is already beginning to ebb. the tucks will never let him leave. currie knew exactly what he was doing. hire the "nice guy," and the k-state fanbase will mediocre itself to the grave.. i'm with sys. i still want to win.
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 03, 2012, 10:18:02 PM »
Is it so wrong that some of us want a great guy, great coach?

LHC Bill Snyder is a great guy, great coach.

Just because we've had an A$$ for the last couple years that was successful doesn't mean that's the only way to succeed.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 03, 2012, 10:18:40 PM »
I think you are thinking of an old episode of steve dave stories starring sdbro, an empty queen size bed in an adjoining suite and one king filled with sd and kk.

Heh.

BW: Hey Mr. Pilot, why don't you come over, there's plenty of room.

Arrive at oscar's house, oscar shows the pilot to the master suite

BW: Welp, this is it!

oscar snores his ass off while the pilot is shown lying awake petrified. We next see oscar reading the paper in his slippers and plaid robe at the breakfast table with the sleepy pilot in his pilot pajamas (they have wings). In walks Michelle Weber.

Pilot (groggily): Um, hi? Where did you sleep?

Michele: Oh, the girls are in Chicago on a bachelor party so I slept on their bottom bunk.

And, Cut!

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 03, 2012, 10:21:47 PM »

LHC LHC Bill Snyder is a great guy, great coach.

Just because we've had an A$$ for the last couple years that was successful doesn't mean that's the only way to succeed.

great doesn't mean nice. oscar is a great guy insofar as he is harmless as a lamb.

bill will cut your nuts off to get a win. real great guy though.
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 03, 2012, 10:23:48 PM »
Why wouldn't I support Weber after getting over the disappointment? I supported Frank almost immediately, and even when keeping Beasley and Walker was far from a guarantee. I have concerns, but they aren't enough for me to not back our current coach before he's even coached a game.

I loved Frank Martin and what he meant for K-State basketball, but he's gone now. We weren't going to hire another Frank, and almost any hire, whether I liked it or not, was going to bring risk again. Weber is safer, but still brings risk. I'm not going to choose to live a miserable life as a fan until oscar forces me to change my opinion of him, this isn't that hard for me really.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
I hope we win
« Reply #96 on: April 03, 2012, 10:25:13 PM »

LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder is a great guy, great coach.

Holy crap I just figured it out.

The graphs Currie was pouring over were not basketball related.  The graphs involved advanced metrics concerning the % of dipshits that would eat up the nice neighbor persona.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 03, 2012, 10:26:33 PM »
i'm with sys. i still want to win.

yes, lose to win.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 03, 2012, 10:27:46 PM »
i'm with sys. i still want to win.

yes, lose to win.

agreed. an angel transfer and i think it's basically a guarantee.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 03, 2012, 10:34:22 PM »
This is an important thread. Props to SD.  :thumbs:

Hoping that a K-State coach fails is (Weber), was (Snyder) and always will be (every coach we hire in the future according to goEMAW) completely rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).  We should demand excellence and never accept mediocrity and be absolutely rough ridin' relentless in getting a K-State coach fired for being mediocre.  But hoping your team's new coach fails...before he's coached a single game or recruited a single player...because you're pretty sure he's going to be bad, makes absolutely no sense.  None.  I hate the hire as much as everyone else.  It looks absolutely horrible that we hired a coach that just got fired, but that's not Weber's fault and we can't change that now.  It's already done.  You can't unring that bell. 

So I'll  :emawkid: for my Qatz and :dubious: Weber until he either wins  :D or loses  :chainsaw: :curse: :angry:  So if you'll all forgive me, I'll wait until he proves himself a loser at K-State before I start donating to billboards and protesting in front of the OOD.  But I'm fully prepared to do those things if and when that time comes.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."