Author Topic: oscar Weber's Message to Students  (Read 9084 times)

Offline Testy Westy

• Katpak'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: oscar Weber's Message to Students
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2012, 04:03:03 PM »
16 likes, 41 dislikes.   :lol:

the 16 came from employees in curries office while he held a gun to their head

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2012, 04:04:18 PM »
i don't have it in me to hate oscar weber. sadly, i see a lot of myself in him.  :sdeek:

eff him.  He was just paid almost $4 million to GTFO of Champaign.  I don't care if it hurts his feelings that people hate him. 

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2012, 04:14:08 PM »
Disliked and submitted complaint as Scam/Fraud.

Offline stobblebobby

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2012, 04:14:31 PM »
i don't have it in me to hate oscar weber. sadly, i see a lot of myself in him.  :sdeek:

I see a lot of myself in oscar in that we'd both be shitty basketball coaches.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2012, 04:23:01 PM »
Idk, his intentions are good. I don't think we can be mad at him for taking a job. We should just be mad at Currie.
I mean, he, oscar, is the tangible byproduct of Currie.  He's not the cause, but the effect.

We can simultaneously hate the cause and effect.
Well, what if the effect keeps on a winning way? Would u hate the effect then?
Luke, he has no business being our coach.  If by the grace of God he turns out to be the long term answer, which is incredibly unlikely, that doesn't mean Currie made a "good decision," only a lucky one.

Just like investing your entire net worth in powerball isn't a smart move because you happened to hit it big.  Lucky, but incredibly irresponsible.

But do you loathe the powerball because your dumbass father (who you don't like) invested his entire net worth into it?

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2012, 04:28:55 PM »
Idk, his intentions are good. I don't think we can be mad at him for taking a job. We should just be mad at Currie.
I mean, he, oscar, is the tangible byproduct of Currie.  He's not the cause, but the effect.

We can simultaneously hate the cause and effect.
Well, what if the effect keeps on a winning way? Would u hate the effect then?
Luke, he has no business being our coach.  If by the grace of God he turns out to be the long term answer, which is incredibly unlikely, that doesn't mean Currie made a "good decision," only a lucky one.

Just like investing your entire net worth in powerball isn't a smart move because you happened to hit it big.  Lucky, but incredibly irresponsible.

But do you loathe the powerball because your dumbass father (who you don't like) invested his entire net worth into it?

If you just called John currie our father you can go right ahead and eff yourself
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2012, 04:30:06 PM »
If you can't hate oscar Weber then I question your ability to hate.

Offline KSUTOMMY

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2012, 04:32:01 PM »
Hey oscar, stop saying 'blue collar' you dumbass. Nobody wants to hear that. Coaches that actually have a blue collar team don't have to say that over and over. Just shut up about everything.

RIGHT! If a guy has to mention "blue collar" he doesn't know what it is... he can't relate to EMAW, he's the Mitt Romney of the coaching world!
We are K-State and we love to hire SHlTTY coaches.

Offline e-Illini

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2012, 04:33:46 PM »

I believe this is why there was a faction of Illini fans that so vigorously defended the guy, regardless of how bad he was at his job.  The whole aw-shucks-cub-scout-den-leader-lawn-mowing-dog-walking-ice-cream-social-attending-coupon-clipping rube persona really struck a chord with some corny East Central Illinoisans.  Identity politics at it's worst.

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2012, 04:36:18 PM »
Hey oscar, stop saying 'blue collar' you dumbass. Nobody wants to hear that. Coaches that actually have a blue collar team don't have to say that over and over. Just shut up about everything.

RIGHT! If a guy has to mention "blue collar" he doesn't know what it is... he can't relate to EMAW, he's the Mitt Romney of the coaching world!
Aye, and we need a Ron Paul of the coaching world!
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2012, 04:39:05 PM »

I believe this is why there was a faction of Illini fans that so vigorously defended the guy, regardless of how bad he was at his job.  The whole aw-shucks-cub-scout-den-leader-lawn-mowing-dog-walking-ice-cream-social-attending-coupon-clipping rube persona really struck a chord with some corny East Central Illinoisans.  Identity politics at it's worst.

That's how he gets them.  First they feel sorry for him, then they feel bad for criticizing and finally they make excuses for him and defend him.  That's when you're in trouble.  One side says "he's our coach so we have to support him" and "he's a great human being" and the other says "he rough ridin' sucks at coaching and speaking".  Fanbase successfully divided. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2012, 04:40:17 PM »
I just don't understand how a man like this becomes a head coach. He has no detectable shred of leadership.

Offline jaa1025

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2012, 04:43:32 PM »
His voice is so hard to listen to.

Offline AzCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2012, 04:48:03 PM »

That's how he gets them.  First they feel sorry for him, then they feel bad for criticizing and finally they make excuses for him and defend him.  That's when you're in trouble.  One side says "he's our coach so we have to support him" and "he's a great human being" and the other says "he rough ridin' sucks at coaching and speaking".  Fanbase successfully divided.

Yeah, we had one of these just before Huggins.  Took six years to fire him despite the fact that his best conference record was 6-10.  The 'tucks rough ridin' worshipped the guy.  Weber is light years ahead of that Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) which pretty much guarantees that this is the end of KSU hoops until either Weber dies or someone here makes enough money to execute a hostile takeover of the athletic department. 

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2012, 04:49:02 PM »
Sounds like Shelley from south park.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2012, 04:50:25 PM »

He's going to fit in just fine here.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2012, 04:51:30 PM »

Yeah, we had one of these just before Huggins.  Took six years to fire him despite the fact that his best conference record was 6-10.  The 'tucks rough ridin' worshipped the guy.  Weber is light years ahead of that respect which pretty much guarantees that this is the end of KSU hoops until either Weber dies or someone here makes enough money to execute a hostile takeover of the athletic department.

I really need to know what a "tuck" is.  Please.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Testy Westy

• Katpak'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2012, 04:58:19 PM »
K-State Athletics ? @kstatesports
New #KStateMBB coach oscar Weber will be on Wildcat Insider with Matt Walters, Brian Smoller and Wyatt Thompson at 5:10 pm. today.

Excluding Brian Smoller I can't think of a worse group to listen to on the radio.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2012, 04:58:31 PM »

Yeah, we had one of these just before Huggins.  Took six years to fire him despite the fact that his best conference record was 6-10.  The 'tucks rough ridin' worshipped the guy.  Weber is light years ahead of that respect which pretty much guarantees that this is the end of KSU hoops until either Weber dies or someone here makes enough money to execute a hostile takeover of the athletic department.

I really need to know what a "tuck" is.  Please.

They are the segment of our fanbase who show up to games with their t-shirt tucked into their blue jeans. They tend to be big money donors or people who like to think that they are.

Offline DoyleLonnegan

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2012, 05:05:06 PM »

They are the segment of our fanbase who show up to games with their t-shirt tucked into their blue jeans. They tend to be big money donors or people who like to think that they are.

That's brilliant.

I'm from Illinois. I'm here to help. We'll get through this together.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2012, 05:31:52 PM »

That's brilliant.

:dubious:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Maccat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2012, 05:40:36 PM »

That's brilliant.

Well keep your dog crap on your side of the fence then.

Offline DoyleLonnegan

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2012, 05:44:29 PM »

We tried. There's not much you can do when the weird guy in the neighborhood roots through your garbage after you throw the crap away.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2012, 05:45:36 PM »

We tried. There's not much you can do when the weird guy in the neighborhood roots through your garbage after you throw the crap away.
:blank:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Maccat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2012, 05:52:59 PM »

If Weird Robert had anything to do with this hire, we now have a hobo to kill.