Author Topic: From Phog  (Read 4212 times)

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
From Phog
« on: March 12, 2010, 06:40:53 AM »
KState plays the angriest 40 minutes in basketball

:love:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: From Phog
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 07:38:30 AM »
Excellent, could be a great mocking Mizzou t-shirt.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 07:46:08 AM »
Gonna be hard to beat "40 minutes of Oh Well" imo.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 07:52:20 AM »

Angriest 40 Minutes in Basketball vs 40 Minutes of YES SIR!

Offline RonLongshaft

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 08:01:52 AM »

Offline William Wallace

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 10:39:18 AM »

That made me feel all Vern Lundquisty.

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2010, 02:04:50 PM »
A KU fan said it?? OMG!

Offline Pexikan

• Combo-Fan
  • Junkyard Gato
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2010, 02:33:37 PM »
Truth^

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2010, 03:15:21 PM »
Note to the Turd . . . if you even want to have a prayer on a Friday night in KC, you better start working the refs in the Tunnel.

K-State has shot more free throws than any other team in the country.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2010, 03:16:57 PM »
Note to the Turd . . . if you even want to have a prayer on a Friday night in KC, you better start working the refs in the Tunnel.

K-State has shot more free throws than any other team in the country.

You're right, and that has everything to do with the refs and not the style of play.

:jerk:

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2010, 03:38:03 PM »
Clemente's signature move is to dribble into the defender's chest, leading with his shoulder, and push off with the right hand to create a couple feet of space.  It's rarely ever called.  K-State also gets away with lots of slapping and shoving on the defensive end of the court.  Seriously, the last people who should be complaining about the refs are K-State fans.  Your team has shot more free throws than any other team in the country.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2010, 03:40:35 PM »
I'm guessing Turg remembers 7 straight fouls in the final minutes.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline VGibsonLives

• Fan
  • Old School Purple Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2010, 03:41:47 PM »
eff you,  BowelMovement.
"I deleted all of my threads.  You guys don't deserve them."   BMW

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2010, 03:48:34 PM »
I know you guys hate it when the facts get in the way of a good theory, but that's what I'm here for.  Perhaps somewhere in an alternate universe, KU shoots more free throws than any other team in the country. 

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2010, 03:53:43 PM »
Clemente's signature move is to dribble into the defender's chest, leading with his shoulder, and push off with the right hand to create a couple feet of space.  It's rarely ever called.  K-State also gets away with lots of slapping and shoving on the defensive end of the court.  Seriously, the last people who should be complaining about the refs are K-State fans.  Your team has shot more free throws than any other team in the country.

You know what I love watching?  [Insert Stupid Morris Twin Here] setting illegal screen after illegal screen (which never gets called), and watching Tyshawn Taylor and Brady Morningstar dry hump and hand check guards all over the place.  You want to talk about slapping and shoving, the worst team in all of college basketball resides in Lawrence, Kansas.

And don't get me started on Sloth...

I hate saying much about officiating, but this particular KU team gets away with murder game after game.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2010, 04:05:43 PM »

wow what a crybaby.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2010, 04:22:13 PM »
The point is that KU gets no more advantage from the refs than K-State does.  KU is a better team defensively than K-State.

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2010, 04:23:10 PM »
beems. let's say there was a stat that was called "fouls not called a game." ku would be the leader in the clubhouse.

while on topic of signature moves.

let's get into the morris twins pushing the other team in the lane before the free throw so that the opponent gets the lane violation.

or the cole alrdrich/morris twins "pelvic thrust" on hedging on screens.

we could both go on for hours.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2010, 04:25:45 PM »
I would agree that next to either a Roy or K coached team, ku is probably the worst when it comes to hand checking out front.   I thought it was a point of emphasis, but I guess not.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 04:46:35 PM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline weird roberts foam finger

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2010, 04:29:20 PM »

That crap doesn't get called on anyone.  Oh sure, you might run into the random official who's having a bad day who might make that call, but it's not going to be often and more to the point, it's nothing exclusive to K-State.

As for the slapping and shoving,  :love:
"It could be best for his family for Cole to come back." -- Bill Self, NBA career killer

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2010, 04:44:37 PM »
or the cole alrdrich/morris twins "pelvic thrust" on hedging on screens.

Jesus, this drives me insane.  Every time I watch KU, I start yelling at the TV because of this.  It's so blatant, and it's so obvious that you may as well put a flashing neon sign on their back saying, "Call a foul on me."

I literally  :lol: at any KU fan who says they just play 'good defense'.  If they were called for fouls like other teams were called for fouls, and they had to adjust their game accordingly, you'd see them become a much more 'average' defensive team.

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2010, 04:47:50 PM »

Never thought I would see this day.  It's beautiful. 

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2010, 04:50:20 PM »
The point is that KU gets no more advantage from the refs than K-State does.  KU is a better team defensively than K-State.

The difference between you and me is i'm ok with admitting we get some calls we probably shouldn't.  But its not even close to what ku gets.

Bob Davis on every play in ever basketball game: "There's a lot of contact down there and..............a Foul is called, what? now they're going to say it was on Xavier.  I thought he looked set on that one."  

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2010, 05:28:32 PM »
Well if I needed more proof that Ben is back in full blown tard mode it was this thread . . . with the near Rainman "2 minutes to Woobner" talking point of, "your team has shot more FT's than any team in the country."

Once again, Ben tries to make a point about ku playing Texas A&M into a K-State talking point.   

Again, Friday night in Kansas City . . . Turd better start working the refs in the tunnel prior to game time, nothing more needs to be said.

The same argument you apply to Texas A&M playing in Kansas City against KU also applies to Baylor playing in Kansas City against K-State.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2010, 05:43:56 PM »
Well if I needed more proof that Ben is back in full blown tard mode it was this thread . . . with the near Rainman "2 minutes to Woobner" talking point of, "your team has shot more FT's than any team in the country."

Once again, Ben tries to make a point about ku playing Texas A&M into a K-State talking point.   

Again, Friday night in Kansas City . . . Turd better start working the refs in the tunnel prior to game time, nothing more needs to be said.

Why is sharron elbowing his team mates in the nuts in your sig pic? 

The same argument you apply to Texas A&M playing in Kansas City against KU also applies to Baylor playing in Kansas City against K-State.