Author Topic: SLTH Definition Help  (Read 5030 times)

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
Re: SLTH Definition Help
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2010, 08:37:39 AM »
Quick, someone fan Casey's flames because he is on fire!

:users:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2010, 09:05:36 AM »
Anderson is an exception rather than a rule.

Anderson is who folks like Doc, Bzey, and hoards of Midcons point to as what they will become if they just get their kids to fully buy in.

Also, Anderson seems to find a way to get some kids. I think he is only about 90% SLTH and 10% real deal. A hybrid. That is how he buys kids, but still works the SLTH motto. A walking contradiction.

A SLTH with a broken moral compas.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2010, 09:26:19 AM »
The most important stat in a SLTH's resume- how many losses by as small a margin as possible. "Oh, we were almost there!"

Offline weird roberts foam finger

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2010, 09:46:10 AM »
The only confusion about the term for me personally centers around legacy hires like Knight.  I mean, no one realistically thought the guy would win right away, and he qualifies in just about every respect ("system" guy, doesn't recruit all that well, tons of near misses), but I guess he's his own category of bad hire.  Like maybe SOLH (son of legend hire)?
"It could be best for his family for Cole to come back." -- Bill Self, NBA career killer

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2010, 10:06:37 AM »
SOLH title is completly seperate from the SLTH designation. Dif requirements.

A SOLH can be a SLTH simultaneously.

A SOLH can also not be a SLTH.

The manner in which they are hired is an independant variable.

That said, there probably needs to be at least some consideration give to the level of SLTHiness that the father displayed.  But more in a prediction way. An Apple-doesn't-fall-far-from-the-tree way. Not a why-they-got-their-job way.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2010, 12:02:49 PM »
a ku fan at a football game? (lmao yea rite they don't exist)

I waited outside in 20 degree weather for seats the night before the 2006 KSU game in Lawrence. My friends all got drunk and forgot to bring a blanket and the liquid courage I had requested. Stayed out there all night while my dumb Southern ass sat on the concrete and my lower body was going all numb (except for my 24-inch bazonga and all :driving:) and then heard some screaming coming from a house over by the Union around 6 am. Then every cop in the world came screaming in 5 minutes later, one cop comes up and asks us if we saw some d00d. I was too frostbitten to say anything :ohno:

My hungover friends came up at 10 am, I ripped out their testicles steve dave style, went back to the dorm, showered, went out for lunch, flipped off the Cattracker bus prob about 15 minutes before they got to the bridge on Iowa ( :facepalm: ), came back to Memorial, got second row seats from my testicle-less friends and watched Freems cough up a hairball. I kinda had to rush the field in self-defense and all that seeing as I was on the second row and a mass of humanity was about to converge on me. Saw Prince and pointed and laughed. Didn't jump in Potter b/c I didn't want a third leg mutating out of my torso.

Then I went back to my dorm and banged hemmy's mother

:users:

My mom is dead you sick eff

The42Yardstick

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2010, 12:24:18 PM »
 :facepalm:

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2010, 12:29:51 PM »
SLTH's don't have:
1.  Doug Compton serving as an adjunct athletic dept bank account
2.  Bringing in low 60's IQ players (Morris twins)
3. Would not tolerate players being caught at 1:15am with a 16yo girl in a former players vehicle
4. A quick response when caught contacting a recruit outside period of legal contact in Springfield, MO
5. AD's that hire players family to bring family to your dump town
6. Etc etc

Offline bradleigh

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2010, 01:47:36 PM »
SLTHs can win.  It's a myth that they can't have success.  Most just don't.   :users:

That was the main point that I was getting at.  Although, There have been a lot of other things that people brought up that I had overlooked.  Best exemplified by Wabash 909's quote:

The Morris twins aren't exactly what you would call "doing it the right way".

Also, I have to clarify I didn't ever think Self is a SLTH.  I was just thinking that the disparity between Self and a SLTH is exaggerated because of his success on the court.
2/8/11 - Never Forget