Author Topic: oscar WEBER IS A rough ridin' LOSER WHO CAN'T RECRUIT AND IS SOCIALLY AWKWARD  (Read 115226 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: oscar WEBER IS A rough ridin' LOSER WHO CAN'T RECRUIT AND IS SOCIALLY AWKWARD
« Reply #325 on: February 12, 2013, 01:29:54 PM »
honest question, do you think oscar might have a touch of aspergers?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: oscar WEBER IS A rough ridin' LOSER WHO CAN'T RECRUIT AND IS SOCIALLY AWKWARD
« Reply #326 on: February 12, 2013, 01:32:26 PM »

honest answer.........i think he might. :sdeek:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 12, 2013, 01:32:54 PM »
I don't think Currie really knows how this is going to go.

Sure he does: a syphilitic camel could make the NCAA Tourney with the team that's coming back (assuming no major defections) and after that Currie skates just ahead of the implosion.

even if we have a great season next year it will be hard to fully enjoy because of his history of piggybacking inherited talent and then nose diving.

I was wrong, this is fun. I'll save the teeth gnashing for when Angel is gone.

2014-15 is going to make for some epic bbs'ing, between the start of oscar's collapse and Sean Snyder's ascension.

That senior class of Angel, Gip, Nino and possibly Diaz is weird. I sure hope we can find some forwards between now and then.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 12, 2013, 01:41:00 PM »
I don't think Currie really knows how this is going to go.

Sure he does: a syphilitic camel could make the NCAA Tourney with the team that's coming back (assuming no major defections) and after that Currie skates just ahead of the implosion.

even if we have a great season next year it will be hard to fully enjoy because of his history of piggybacking inherited talent and then nose diving.

I was wrong, this is fun. I'll save the teeth gnashing for when Angel is gone.

2014-15 is going to make for some epic bbs'ing, between the start of oscar's collapse and Sean Snyder's ascension.

That senior class of Angel, Gip, Nino and possibly Diaz is weird. I sure hope we can find some forwards between now and then.

Very weird.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 14, 2013, 12:20:42 PM »
also never really thought about how good of situations oscar has been put in. If he can't make it work...
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 14, 2013, 12:36:36 PM »
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-basketball/news/20130214/hoop-thoughts/?sct=hp_wr_a2&eref=sihp
I mentioned last week in Hoop Thoughts that I was impressed with Weber's ability to coach players that someone else recruited. This is a very difficult thing to do, and it speaks well of Weber's ability to manage personalities. He did the same solid work at Illinois, when he took over for Bill Self and brought the Illini to the 2005 national championship game. Now he is doing the same with Frank Martin's guys.

Ironic, since he's here because he couldn't manage the personalities of players he recruited.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 14, 2013, 01:01:56 PM »
Coaching players other guys recruited doesn't impress me from a coaching perspective at all.  Does it make me happy that he's doing well with the old coaches players? Sure, but I want K-State to win.   Two different things.

It'll impress me when he's got all of his guys and he's 18-4 or whatever at this stage of the season.

Offline KatsKradle

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 14, 2013, 04:23:02 PM »

more like a touch of downs.

in any case, oscar has proven he can coach someone else's players and thus the great season so far. his problem as i've heard is not that he can't necessarily recruit well (leonard from illinois was a lottery pick) but they weren't a good fit for his motion offense. he deserves a few years and i think 3-4 years is what it will take to see whether his players either 5 stars or 2 stars are a good fit for his schemes.

Offline GCJayhawker

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 14, 2013, 04:31:18 PM »
Coaching players other guys recruited doesn't impress me from a coaching perspective at all.  Does it make me happy that he's doing well with the old coaches players? Sure, but I want K-State to win.   Two different things.

It'll impress me when he's got all of his guys and he's 18-4 or whatever at this stage of the season.

Might happen, but tournament success surely won't.  See Illinois

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 17, 2013, 08:21:15 AM »
http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/76418/kansas-state-gets-back-on-track

Twenty-four hours before its most impressive win of the Big 12 season -- an 81-61 victory over Baylor -- oscar Weber kicked his Kansas State basketball team out of practice.

Loafing through drills, snickering during dead balls, not paying attention as they were being given the scouting report. The Wildcats were doing it all -- and Weber had had enough. Using words that aren’t fit for print, he told his players to go home.

There was one problem.

The Wildcats refused.

“He was like, ‘Get out of here! Get out!’” guard Rodney McGruder told ESPN.com. “I was holding the ball, and he came up and tried to yank it away from me, but I put it behind my back.”

McGruder paused.

“As a leader on this team, as a senior, I wasn’t going to let that happen,” McGruder said. “It was my job to make sure we finished that practice on a high note.”

:D

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 17, 2013, 08:28:03 AM »
http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/76418/kansas-state-gets-back-on-track

Twenty-four hours before its most impressive win of the Big 12 season -- an 81-61 victory over Baylor -- oscar Weber kicked his Kansas State basketball team out of practice.

Loafing through drills, snickering during dead balls, not paying attention as they were being given the scouting report. The Wildcats were doing it all -- and Weber had had enough. Using words that aren’t fit for print, he told his players to go home.

There was one problem.

The Wildcats refused.

“He was like, ‘Get out of here! Get out!’” guard Rodney McGruder told ESPN.com. “I was holding the ball, and he came up and tried to yank it away from me, but I put it behind my back.”

McGruder paused.

“As a leader on this team, as a senior, I wasn’t going to let that happen,” McGruder said. “It was my job to make sure we finished that practice on a high note.”

Was just about to start a new thread with this.

Offline Boondock Poonhound

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 17, 2013, 08:30:58 AM »

There was one problem.

The Wildcats refused.

McGruder paused.

Was just about to start a new thread with this.

Rod : babysitter for Shane,Gip,JO,and Will.
Sr leadership
20-5
"He's in Shape !"

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 17, 2013, 09:38:28 AM »
It makes me smile imagining Rod hiding the ball behind his back.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 17, 2013, 09:53:05 AM »
Inmates running the asylum. Next thing you know, the players will start calling him "oscar".

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 17, 2013, 10:20:44 AM »

There was one problem.

The Wildcats refused.

McGruder paused.

Sounds like a pretty adorable practice, imagine Shane, Angel, JO, and Gip staring in this

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #343 on: February 17, 2013, 10:44:32 AM »
Maybe #tbd should choke on some rough ridin' crow and take a walk.  We don't need to be reminded after every awesome win that you think k-state will suck in 2-3 years
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
oscar WEBER IS A rough ridin' LOSER WHO CAN'T RECRUIT AND IS SOCIALLY AWKWARD
« Reply #344 on: February 17, 2013, 11:29:40 AM »
Maybe #tbd should choke on some rough ridin' crow and take a walk.  We don't need to be reminded after every awesome win that you think k-state will suck in 2-3 years

It is important to remind you all, lest you forget.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #345 on: February 17, 2013, 12:22:36 PM »

It was sufficiently documented within 2 days after he was hired. Give it a rough ridin' rest, lest y'all look anymore #butthurt
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 17, 2013, 01:38:26 PM »
Did anyone see or get a .gif of his little scamper up the tunnel after the post game interview? After hearing his voice and seeing that I was  :facepalm: :facepalm: . I turned to my friend and said as much as I hate stuff like that, as long as he wins, idgaf.  :D

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 17, 2013, 01:48:26 PM »
Did anyone see or get a .gif of his little scamper up the tunnel after the post game interview? After hearing his voice and seeing that I was  :facepalm: :facepalm: . I turned to my friend and said as much as I hate stuff like that, as long as he wins, idgaf.  :D

lol yes, that was major wtf  :sdeek:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
oscar WEBER IS A rough ridin' LOSER WHO CAN'T RECRUIT AND IS SOCIALLY AWKWARD
« Reply #348 on: February 17, 2013, 01:49:36 PM »

It was sufficiently documented within 2 days after he was hired. Give it a rough ridin' rest, lest y'all look anymore #butthurt

I will give it a rest when he proves us wrong.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 17, 2013, 01:52:43 PM »
Edit: It was after the halftime interview!