Author Topic: COACHING SEARCH (Master Thread?)  (Read 20869 times)

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: COACHING SEARCH (Master Thread?)
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2012, 11:54:34 PM »
Guys, if you're not rooting for Dimel to get the job, then I pretty much fundamentally disagree with how you perceive the source of K-State football's success.

I'd rather go with Dimel than "take a risk" again with some unproven loser like Prince.

Offline shivvyman

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Combo-Fan
  • Hates All Races Equally
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2012, 12:01:03 AM »
This thread really isn't about how much of a boss Bill is.

It's about how Gus Malzahn would be the optimal replacement whenever that time comes. 

Hopefully Arkansas is turned off by the crazy wife.

There is no optimal replacement unless his last name is Saban, Spurrier, or Miles.

Side note: Anybody who is glad we gave Prince a 'shot' is flat out Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!). Seriously, Apple didn't find their next CEO by scouting burger flippers at the local Wendys. Prince was a piece of crap. Why everyone loved his staff is beyond me. They didn't do crap either.

I see where some think hiring the young black coach is 'edgy' and a potential high risk/reward hire, but you've got to look at the man's record for substance prior to falling in love with his rhetoric.

i rough ridin' hate that a huge chunk of our fanbase are rough ridin' retards and racist douchebags like you.

Please pull your head out of your ass. If you think Prince was hired because of his vast experience and grear Xs and Os mind, you are beyond help.

Offline Snydercat34

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2012, 12:02:24 AM »
If Currie were smart he'd listen to Snyder's suggestions regarding the latter's replacement but I'm not convinced that will be genuinely undertaken.  Currie truly has an ego and wants to put his own stamp on at K-State.  However, regarding coach Snyder's say in the matter, I'd like to believe that he wants somebody who has (a.) coached under him in Manhattan and (b.) was successful as a head coach thereafter.  Who comes quickly and legitimately to mind are Jim Leavitt and Mark Mangino.  I think Jim Leavitt is the perfect fit.  He meets both a. and b. AND let's not forget:  he's familiar with Del Miller, Michael Smith, Dana Dimel, Sean, and of course, Joe Gordon (if he comes back in the near future), all of whom he has worked with already in some capacity when he was here during the early years of Snyder 1.0.  Leavitt also worked side-by-side with Bob Stoops for about 6 years as a fellow defensive coordinator; Leavitt, like Snyder, would therefore know how to beat Stoops.  If Jim doesn't come and Currie ignores Snyder's suggestions, then there's one name out there currently, with no ties to K-State or coach Snyder, that I'm really high on.  He's young, has been successful everywhere he's been  and has to be licking his chops at his first major job:  Mark Hudspeth.  He worked under Dan Mullen at Mississippi State and has done a fine job thus far at Louisiana Lafayette.  Call me crazy but my gut tells me this guy is going to be big time.  Take it for what it's worth!  Go 'Cats.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2012, 12:10:21 AM »
Please pull your head out of your ass. If you think Prince was hired because of his vast experience and grear Xs and Os mind, you are beyond help.
How exactly did Prince being black didn't make him "high-risk high-reward"?

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline mancattanite

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2012, 12:23:51 AM »
Tom Hayes?

Or am I just crazy.

Probably crazy.  :flush:
Never misunderestimate a Wildcat.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2012, 12:29:44 AM »
If it isn't Dimel, but it is.

I would assume Mike Stoops would be close to the top of the list.

Offline shivvyman

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2012, 12:38:10 AM »

Huh?

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2012, 12:46:59 AM »
Tom Hayes?

Or am I just crazy.

heard a passing conversation between 2 players today that went like this:

"yeah, coach hayes is rough ridin' cool, i like that guy"
"coach cox is an bad person, eff him"
"yeah, but coach hayes is like hey DB's...."

couldn't hear anymore after that :(
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2012, 12:50:36 AM »

Huh?
I see where some think hiring the young black coach is 'edgy' and a potential high risk/reward...

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline shivvyman

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2012, 01:16:06 AM »

Huh?
I see where some think hiring the young black coach is 'edgy' and a potential high risk/reward...

He became only the fifth black head coach at the time in D1, he was the third youngest head ciach in the country, and he had a whopping 5 below average years as a coordinator prior to making the jump.

Offline mancattanite

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2012, 01:43:15 AM »
Tom Hayes?

Or am I just crazy.

heard a passing conversation between 2 players today that went like this:

"yeah, coach hayes is rough ridin' cool, i like that guy"
"coach cox is an bad person, eff him"
"yeah, but coach hayes is like hey DB's...."

couldn't hear anymore after that :(

He's definitely old enough to be our coach.
Never misunderestimate a Wildcat.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2012, 01:59:13 AM »

Huh?

He became only the fifth black head coach at the time in D1, he was the third youngest head ciach in the country, and he had a whopping 5 below average years as a coordinator prior to making the jump.
Inexperienced?  Sure.  Very risky hire due to his inexperience.

But i fail to see how him being black makes him any riskier than any inexperienced white guy. 

Offline shivvyman

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2012, 03:52:43 AM »

Huh?

Inexperienced?  Sure.  Very risky hire due to his inexperience.

But i fail to see how him being black makes him any riskier than any inexperienced white guy.

Well if you really want to go here.....guess how many black coaches have ever won a bcs bowl? That is a big fat zero.

Fact is, a black coach has only even made a bcs bowl twice.

As far as determining success when related to the post season and conventional 'winning,' hiring a young black coach is a risky venture.

Start 'You're racist!' comments now.........

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2012, 04:28:04 AM »
Your entire argument is "black coaches aren't successful because of their race," of course it's racist. You're a rough ridin' moron.

Offline shivvyman

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2012, 06:50:44 AM »
Your entire argument is "black coaches aren't successful because of their race," of course it's racist. You're a rough ridin' moron.

That us not my argument, jackass. Black coaches have not performed well enough to advance and win at an elite level is an undisputed fact at this point. You can attribute this this to various factors, but it does not change thd win/loss column.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2012, 07:00:29 AM »
 :sdeek:
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 24, 2012, 07:04:42 AM »
shyvyman, hit the road

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2012, 07:05:32 AM »
If Currie were smart he'd listen to Snyder's suggestions regarding the latter's replacement but I'm not convinced that will be genuinely undertaken.  Currie truly has an ego and wants to put his own stamp on at K-State.  However, regarding coach Snyder's say in the matter, I'd like to believe that he wants somebody who has (a.) coached under him in Manhattan and (b.) was successful as a head coach thereafter.  Who comes quickly and legitimately to mind are Jim Leavitt and Mark Mangino.  I think Jim Leavitt is the perfect fit.  He meets both a. and b. AND let's not forget:  he's familiar with Del Miller, Michael Smith, Dana Dimel, Sean, and of course, Joe Gordon (if he comes back in the near future), all of whom he has worked with already in some capacity when he was here during the early years of Snyder 1.0.  Leavitt also worked side-by-side with Bob Stoops for about 6 years as a fellow defensive coordinator; Leavitt, like Snyder, would therefore know how to beat Stoops. 

LHC Bill Snyder wants Sean to be the next HC. He has no list of qualifications and will not suggest anyone else. It sucks, because Dimel is the best option, MUCH better than Leavitt. Ultimately it probably doesn't matter because Currie doesn't care what Bill wants (which I don't see as a bad thing)

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2012, 07:34:10 AM »
Hey guys we were wrong out Bill so we really shouldn't act like coach evaluating savants around here.  Let's pull this discussion back a bit ok?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Re: COACHING SEARCH (Master Thread?)
« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2012, 07:54:19 AM »
Hey guys we were wrong out Bill so we really shouldn't act like coach evaluating savants around here.  Let's pull this discussion back a bit ok?

Whatever LHFCBS wants is what I want. Sounds like these chumps think they know more about football than LHFCBS.  Pfft.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2012, 07:56:24 AM »

nobody bats 1.000 chingon. not LHC Bill Snyder, not goEMAW. doesn't mean we can't have our say.

Offline Barry McCockner

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 24, 2012, 08:00:04 AM »
If Currie were smart blah blah DNR

He's Not.  When it comes to coaching hires, he is the inverse of smart.
"WELL BARYY YOU GOTTA DO WHAT YOU DO BECUZ IF YOU DONT DO IT, THEN WHO WILL - YOU GOTTA HAVE HART AND DATERMANASHIN AND FLOURIDE IN YOUR SYSTEM TO BE A TRUE CHAMPION" - The Ed

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 24, 2012, 08:00:15 AM »
Quote from: shivvyman
I'm not racist, but
A black coach will never win
A BCS bowl

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2012, 08:04:47 AM »

nobody bats 1.000 chingon. not LHC Bill Snyder, not goEMAW. doesn't mean we can't have our say.
it's your funeral!

Offline qatzmanchu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2012, 08:07:36 AM »
KState is a place where you got to go all in on a pair of threes and hope for the best. That is why I absolutely hate the squeaky hire over Gottlieb. Hate it, Hate it, Hate it.

Rather ride a rocket ship that has equal chance to take you to the stratosphere or expolde on ignition, then get in a hot air ballon and drift fro awhile.

I vote for Coach Dolorean over anyone else. Take the chance on a young, currently successful guy with ties to the area. Everyone else is just a retread who wasnt successful at another place.