Author Topic: COACHING SEARCH (Master Thread?)  (Read 20866 times)

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: COACHING SEARCH (Master Thread?)
« Reply #125 on: November 16, 2012, 11:37:51 AM »
I guess Dickey calls all the plays on offense. He basically runs the show on O. Most people probably already knew that, but I hadn't ever heard that for sure until the other day. Snyds gets final approval, but Dickey is the man.

This makes me feel better about possibility of Dickey taking over after Snyds. It really doesn't matter that much if he can't recruit, Snyder basically gave up on recruiting and just plugged players into his system. It's about keeing the system more than anything else. And Dickey knows it inside and out.

Hmmm

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 16, 2012, 11:39:57 AM »
We have 2 O Coordinators and the Scheme Doctor as well as a hot shot Protege and you're saying the Oline coach is the one making all the calls?  :sdeek:

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 16, 2012, 11:42:12 AM »
We have 2 O Coordinators and the Scheme Doctor as well as a hot shot Protege and you're saying the Oline coach is the one making all the calls?  :sdeek:

I guess

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 16, 2012, 11:42:52 AM »
Maybe I shouldn't have said runs the show. He calls plays.

Offline MadCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 16, 2012, 11:43:55 AM »
I think the key is if someone listens.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 16, 2012, 11:47:05 AM »

Fine. Who should we hire then?

Offline MadCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 16, 2012, 11:48:34 AM »

Not saying you're wrong...I'm just playing Sean's advocate.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 16, 2012, 11:51:32 AM »
I guess Dickey calls all the plays on offense. He basically runs the show on O. Most people probably already knew that, but I hadn't ever heard that for sure until the other day. Snyds gets final approval, but Dickey is the man.

This makes me feel better about possibility of Dickey taking over after Snyds. It really doesn't matter that much if he can't recruit, Snyder basically gave up on recruiting and just plugged players into his system. It's about keeing the system more than anything else. And Dickey knows it inside and out.

Hmmm
I find this post confusing, should Dickey = Dimel?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 16, 2012, 11:53:34 AM »

Yeah, its Dimel. Miller has a bit of say too in the passing game, but I think this offense is mainly Dimel's.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 16, 2012, 11:58:45 AM »

Yes I know. I was being facetious but honestly at first I hated the idea of Dickey taking over. I've warmed up to it just a tiny bit.

Offline MadCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: November 16, 2012, 12:14:59 PM »

Yes I know. I was being facetious but honestly at first I hated the idea of Dickey taking over. I've warmed up to it just a tiny bit.

No problem.  Also, do you mean Dimel or Dickey?

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 16, 2012, 03:45:02 PM »
KState is a place where you got to go all in on a pair of threes and hope for the best. That is why I absolutely hate the squeaky hire over Gottlieb. Hate it, Hate it, Hate it.

Rather ride a rocket ship that has equal chance to take you to the stratosphere or expolde on ignition, then get in a hot air ballon and drift fro awhile.

I vote for Coach Dolorean over anyone else. Take the chance on a young, currently successful guy with ties to the area. Everyone else is just a retread who wasnt successful at another place.

I think K-State sells itself short with wacky-ass hires like RP.  I would've had a hard time seeing how a Gottlieb hire was good for anything other than short-term publicity.

So, two differences between you and me.

But I also would approve of Coach Doeren if he gets the nod.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 03:51:50 PM by Ghost of Stan Parrish »
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline Domino

• One by One
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 16, 2012, 03:50:31 PM »
Maybe I'm just all-in on this season, but I'm completely fine if Bill at 74+ want to hold the hand of his son in making him the HC. Unlike the Sutton's, pretty sure our Sean doesn't have addiction to pain killers.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 16, 2012, 05:07:48 PM »

Hmmm

rough ridin' Dimel, yes. My bad.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 16, 2012, 05:19:00 PM »
KState is a place where you got to go all in on a pair of threes and hope for the best. That is why I absolutely hate the squeaky hire over Gottlieb. Hate it, Hate it, Hate it.

Rather ride a rocket ship that has equal chance to take you to the stratosphere or expolde on ignition, then get in a hot air ballon and drift fro awhile.

I vote for Coach Dolorean over anyone else. Take the chance on a young, currently successful guy with ties to the area. Everyone else is just a retread who wasnt successful at another place.

I think K-State sells itself short with wacky-ass hires like RP.  I would've had a hard time seeing how a Gottlieb hire was good for anything other than short-term publicity.

So, two differences between you and me.

But I also would approve of Coach Doeren if he gets the nod.

There is a fine line between "selling ourselves short" and "acknowledging reality".  And considering the current status of the program, the downside of Prince was pretty minimal, wouldn't you say? Ironically, it took another WTF hire to get us to where we are now. (Let's be honest, Snyder 2.0 was a WTF hire at the time.)