Author Topic: Sorry to disappoint you but...  (Read 7048 times)

Offline The Manhatter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Sorry to disappoint you but...
« on: March 27, 2012, 09:45:39 PM »
I'm good with Underwood.  I believe if he keeps Evans and picks up another good recruiter we would sustain just fine.  I think Underwood knows what he's doing.

Now feel free to tell me to eff off.

:ksu: :emawkid:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
Academics is a stupid word.

Academic schools are synonymous for being rich, powerful and exclusive, three things Kansas State is not.

So when people throw the word "academics" around, that's really what they are referencing.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
Re: Sorry to disappoint you but...
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 09:46:22 PM »
I'm good with Underwood.  I believe if he keeps Evans and picks up another good recruiter we would sustain just fine.  I think Underwood knows what he's doing.

All for this  :bball:

Offline youchooseausername

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 09:47:14 PM »
With the right asst. coaches, I'm good with Wood.

But I'm not necessarily #teamwood
"The sad thing about the whole thing is it's my fault.  Instead of creating toughness and developing a team, I coached not to lose all year.  It's sad to be honest."

- oscar Weber

Offline jaa1025

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 09:47:55 PM »
There's already a team underwood post. It's towards the bottom where it should be. (Mods merge please) TeamPearl or bust.

catzacker

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 09:49:20 PM »
If oscar wants to keep Unds on staff, that's oscar's decision and i'd support it.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 09:49:35 PM »
underwood would also bring us the national exposure that this program desperately needs. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline The Manhatter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 09:51:52 PM »
a poster on the GPC board stated that they knew for a fact if Underwood were the head coach this past year we get Cauley and a few others we pursued.

I'm not stating that as legitimate but I thought it was interesting.

People seem to really like the guy and he's a knowledge bank of BBIQ.

It would be kind of neat to see Underwood as head coach, Sadler as Assoc. head coach, and two gunning mother effin' hot recruiters to go w/ them.

Academic schools are synonymous for being rich, powerful and exclusive, three things Kansas State is not.

So when people throw the word "academics" around, that's really what they are referencing.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2012, 09:53:52 PM »
a poster on the GPC board stated that they knew for a fact if Underwood were the head coach this past year we get Cauley and a few others we pursued.

It would be kind of neat to see Underwood as head coach, Sadler as Assoc. head coach, and two gunning mother effin' hot recruiters to go w/ them.

Jacob Pullen and Kim English :excited:

Offline jaa1025

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2012, 09:55:07 PM »
Cauley wouldn't have considered KSU if Huggins/Frank didn't do what they did to this program.

Offline youchooseausername

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2012, 09:55:43 PM »

Would take, even with just one "mother effin' hot recruiter."
"The sad thing about the whole thing is it's my fault.  Instead of creating toughness and developing a team, I coached not to lose all year.  It's sad to be honest."

- oscar Weber

Offline Barry McCockner

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2012, 09:56:04 PM »
"WELL BARYY YOU GOTTA DO WHAT YOU DO BECUZ IF YOU DONT DO IT, THEN WHO WILL - YOU GOTTA HAVE HART AND DATERMANASHIN AND FLOURIDE IN YOUR SYSTEM TO BE A TRUE CHAMPION" - The Ed

Offline The Manhatter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2012, 09:56:49 PM »
Cauley wouldn't have considered KSU if Huggins/Frank didn't do what they did to this program.

that is appreciated but also now part of our past.  It's obvious Huggs and Frank are not for everybody. 

Offline The Manhatter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2012, 09:58:41 PM »
a poster on the GPC board...DNR

It may come as a shock to some but there are a few posters on there with some solid info.  Too bad there is a lot of hit and miss there to find it.

Our current players seem to really like Underwood.  It isn't like that news doesn't get around to some of the players in the area.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2012, 10:01:14 PM »
Don't you DARE give up on Pearl this easily, Hatter. DON'T YOU DARE.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2012, 10:01:28 PM »
Underwood is garbage. Did you see my Wuzzle?

Offline The Manhatter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2012, 10:08:26 PM »

who says I've given up on Pearl?  He's my numero uno.  God, read his resume' on wikipedia.  It's gorgeous.  Second fastest to 300 wins and 6th fastest to 400 wins in history of D1 coaching.  His resume', coaching, and magnetism are unparalleled in this search.

People go, "oh, we can't hire him because of 'show cause'".  Well, eff show cause because we wouldn't need him to do ANYTHING in the first year other than coach his ass off.  His assistants show cause expires in August so he should simply keep Lamont and Underwood and then not hire one of his hot recruiters until August.  Until then they can Hugg it up (unemployed huggs) talking to recruits as much as they want.  Then bring him on in August.  Sign a great class in 2013 and go from there.  This isn't rocket science.  Pearl simply couldn't talk to recruits for a few years but by the time that gets here he's already got a few winning seasons and a helluva recruiting class.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2012, 10:10:37 PM »

who says I've given up on Pearl?  He's my numero uno.  God, read his resume' on wikipedia.  It's gorgeous.  Second fastest to 300 wins and 6th fastest to 400 wins in history of D1 coaching.  His resume', coaching, and magnetism are unparalleled in this search.

People go, "oh, we can't hire him because of 'show cause'".  Well, eff show cause because we wouldn't need him to do ANYTHING in the first year other than coach his ass off.  His assistants show cause expires in August so he should simply keep Lamont and Underwood and then not hire one of his hot recruiters until August.  Until then they can Hugg it up (unemployed huggs) talking to recruits as much as they want.  Then bring him on in August.  Sign a great class in 2013 and go from there.  This isn't rocket science.  Pearl simply couldn't talk to recruits for a few years but by the time that gets here he's already got a few winning seasons and a helluva recruiting class.

Go post this on GPC. We need them on the #Pearl4KSU train.

Offline The Manhatter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2012, 10:17:21 PM »

I have tried but people think they have it figured out.  Basically everone is saying you can't hire a guy with show cause.  All show cause states is that he can't have anything to do w/ recruiting.  my belief is that he wouldn't need to this year and by the time the 2013 class rolls around Lamont and whoever else he brings in can handle that.  He'll have two successful seasons under his belt before he ever needs to pick up a phone. 

The risk, of course, is that if he bends the rules the NCAA will bend both Pearl and the NCAA over and give it to us in big time fashion. 

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2012, 10:18:33 PM »
stick with football posts please.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2012, 10:21:05 PM »

No, yoga. He likes Pearl and the GPC crowd worships him like a god. We need him on this.

Offline The Manhatter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2012, 10:24:24 PM »

No, yoga. He likes Pearl and the GPC crowd worships him like a god. We need him on this.

lol, no they don't.  I just have a group of tucks who seem to think I know what I'm talking about because I won't give in to an argument. 

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2012, 10:28:22 PM »
Yes, we can use The Manhatter to our benefit here.

The Manhatter, explain to the tards the show cause thing again.  And make sure they understand how good at winning he is. 
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2012, 10:38:43 PM »

eff off

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2012, 10:48:36 PM »

I have tried but people think they have it figured out.  Basically everone is saying you can't hire a guy with show cause.  All show cause states is that he can't have anything to do w/ recruiting.  my belief is that he wouldn't need to this year and by the time the 2013 class rolls around Lamont and whoever else he brings in can handle that.  He'll have two successful seasons under his belt before he ever needs to pick up a phone. 

The risk, of course, is that if he bends the rules the NCAA will bend both Pearl and the NCAA over and give it to us in big time fashion. 

GREAT POINTS, Hatter. You're the best.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2012, 10:58:55 PM »
Would love to get Pearl but I just don't see it happening.  Likely, we'll end up with some mid-major guy.  Meh.  Underwood wouldn't be terrible if he's able to keep most of the current players in town and hires another young recruiter type.