Author Topic: Where do we finish this year?  (Read 11695 times)

Offline SailorCowboy

• Cow Poke'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Where do we finish this year?
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2012, 07:52:15 AM »
I'm thinking around 6, below Iowa State. What do you guys think? :lynchmob:

In a thread over the weekend on the main rivals board Big 12 fans were predicting the finish of this very thing.

EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE but one Texas Tech fan and OKcat (this thread) have KSU in the top 3-4.  Oklahoma State fans were picking KSU ahead of their own school.  Many a Texas and Oklahoma fan picked KSU either 2nd or 3rd.

Scheme doctor has everyone's respect except for a few of our own.

I don't know of any Ok State fans that are predicting KSU to finish above OSU.  Most (true) Cowboy fans are expecting to repeat as Big12 Champs with Bedlam determining the champion again.  Texas is an afterthought until they get a QB.  I think you guys were on the winning side of the coin toss in a majority of your games last year. 

Expecting:
OSU
OU
WVU
UT
KSU
BU
TT
ISU
TCU
KU

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2012, 08:21:06 AM »
Big XII Champs.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2012, 09:04:44 AM »
Disappointed.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2012, 09:09:56 AM »
Disappointed.

Wrong. We have extra good things incoming. I KNOW IT  :lynchmob:

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2012, 09:41:12 AM »
oh look, Oklahoma State people think they're OU now.  No way you finish that high losing Weeden/Blackmon and a Gundy coached defense.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2012, 09:52:36 AM »
Most (true) Cowboy fans are expecting to repeat as Big12 Champs with Bedlam determining the champion again.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2012, 11:10:10 AM »

In a thread over the weekend on the main rivals board Big 12 fans were predicting the finish of this very thing.

EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE but one Texas Tech fan and OKcat (this thread) have KSU in the top 3-4.  Oklahoma State fans were picking KSU ahead of their own school.  Many a Texas and Oklahoma fan picked KSU either 2nd or 3rd.

I don't know of any Ok State fans that are predicting KSU to finish above OSU.  Most (true) Cowboy fans are expecting to repeat as Big12 Champs with Bedlam determining the champion again.  Texas is an afterthought until they get a QB.  I think you guys were on the winning side of the coin toss in a majority of your games last year. 

Expecting:
OSU
OU
WVU
UT
KSU
BU
TT
ISU
TCU
KU
Who will play QB for OSU?  Will they run the same type O as have with Weeden or do they go back to more of a dual threat type like when Zac Robinson was there?

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2012, 02:00:20 PM »
I laugh at the thought of OSU being good. To replace that offensive firepower will be very difficult.
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2012, 02:37:16 PM »
I think OSU will finish 3rd behind OU and Texas.

Offline SailorCowboy

• Cow Poke'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2012, 07:55:52 AM »
oh look, Oklahoma State people think they're OU now.  No way you finish that high losing Weeden/Blackmon and a Gundy coached defense.

Wow, we go through this every year.  Lemme break it down for you...

Bobby Reid – 2006 Led OSU to a 7-6 record in his final season, but the OSU offense was ranked #7 in the nation in total offense. After Reid left everyone said the same thing.  OSU can’t replace that kind of firepower with a new QB next year.  Well Zac proved them wrong by doing just that.  At the end of 2007, the Cowboys led by Robinson again ended the year with the 7th ranked total offense.  We lost our #1 WR (Bowman) and Savage to the draft .  Well that ends the Cowboys run of offensive firepower right?  No way OSU can replace those playmakers.  That’s 80% of their offense!

The following year Robinson leads OSU to a 9-4 year and an offense that finished the season ranked #6 in the nation in total offense.  How can that be? Well  Bowman were replaced by a young guy named Dez Bryant, a pretty good TE named Brandon Pettigrew, a lil running back named Kendall Hunter.  Well 9-4 is it.  No way OSU comes close to that again.  Pettigrew is drafted, Dez Bryant is suspended and Robinson got severely injured in the bowl game against Oregon.  OSU is doneright?
2009 wasn’t a great year on the offensive side of the ball.  Without playmakers Bryant, Pettigrew, and an  injured QB OSUs offense faltered to a measly 70th, but the Pokes finished the season 9-4 and a trip to the Cotton Bowl.  OSU loses Robinson/Toston/Bryant to the draft and with it 90% of their offense.  It’s surely back to the cellar for the Pokes right?

2010 brings a walk-on QB named Brandon Weeden under center.  Weeden/Kendall Hunter and this new kid named Justin Blackmon lead the Pokes to an 11-2 record and a #3 ranked offense. OSU loses the Big12s #2 rusher to the draft.  The Pokes are going to be one dimensional next year!
2011……Weeden 2 Blackmon hung around for another year and bring on Hunter’s replacement, Joseph Randle. These Pokes just set a school record for wins with 12, 1st outright conference championship, 1st BCS game with a win over Stanford.  Weeden/Blackmon are drafted, Anyiam/Cooper/Chelf are gone.  The Pokes are surely going to fall right?

2012….We have a few options at QB.  Chelf who has game experience and a young JW Walsh who was the #4 ranked QB and Elite 11 kid coming out of Texas and a true frosh named Wes Lunt who many consider Brandon Weeden 2.0 .    Our offense?  Only one who knows for sure are the coaches at this point.  Most fans will tell you that Walsh is going to be our man, simply because of his playmaking ability and his leadership.  We are STOKED about our new WR’s (Carr/Jackson/Stewart). 

Yes, we plan on running for another championship this year.

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results”

Offline SailorCowboy

• Cow Poke'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2012, 08:02:27 AM »

Expecting:
OSU
OU
WVU
UT
KSU
BU
TT
ISU
TCU
KU
Who will play QB for OSU?  Will they run the same type O as have with Weeden or do they go back to more of a dual threat type like when Zac Robinson was there?

No one knows exactly for sure, but I believe we will keep the same offense that we ran last year but with a little less throwing.  We have a huge RB stable with Randle/Smith/Sims/Roland and JW Walsh is a dual threat himself, but unlike Robinson, JW is a throw first - run second QB.  We have a great group of new young WR's that the coaches (and Weeden/Blackmon) have been raving about in Torrence Carr and Blake Jackson.  We have Tracy Moore and Josh Stewart returning at WR as well.  Our biggest excitement though, believe it or not, is about our defense.  We are returning ALOT on that side of the ball and alot has improved.

Offline The Manhatter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2012, 11:00:30 AM »
Sailor Cowboy,

the mere fact you could lose to ISU last year should give you an indication there was a smaller margin of error for your team than you might think. 

First, your defense was porous.  We win in Stillwater last year by 2 TDs if not for Weeden and Blackmon.

Second, you lucked into Weeden as he showed up in the spring of '10 as a walk-on that decided to play football. 

Third, the law of averages state the string of great receivers you've had will end.  Blackmon was a lightly recruited 3 star kid that turned into the best receiver in the country.  That doesn't always happen.

OU had an outlier type year where injuries caught up to them.  When Broyles went down Jones lost his security blanket and go to guy.  It ripped up the chemistry of their offense.  That will be developed.  A healthy OU takes the conference last year and plays in the title game.

Texas has been down the past two seasons but has far more talent than anyone in the conference not named Oklahoma.  Your last two victories over them does nothing to indicate you have moved ahead of them as a program.

OSU will indeed take a step back this year and finish no better than 5th.  Mark this post down.

Oh, and KSU will handle you in Manhattan this year.
Academics is a stupid word.

Academic schools are synonymous for being rich, powerful and exclusive, three things Kansas State is not.

So when people throw the word "academics" around, that's really what they are referencing.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2012, 05:26:38 PM »
I think OSU will finish 3rd behind OU and Texas.

This. But that is what I thought a couple of years ago too after Robsinon and everyone else left so who knows.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2012, 05:45:03 PM »
Oklahoma State

Savannah State W
at Arizona W
Louisiana W
Texas Longhorns W
at Kansas W
Iowa State W
TCU W
at Kansas State  L
West Virginia L
Texas Tech W
at Oklahoma L
at Baylor Bears L

8-4  Not a bad season, but not 3rd in the Big 12, imo.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline The Manhatter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2012, 05:55:51 PM »
Oklahoma State

Savannah State W
at Arizona W
Louisiana W
Texas Longhorns W L
at Kansas W
Iowa State W
TCU W L
at Kansas State  L
West Virginia L
Texas Tech W
at Oklahoma L
at Baylor Bears L W

8-4 7-5 Not a bad terrible season, but not 3rd in the Big 12, imo.

fixed it for you
Academics is a stupid word.

Academic schools are synonymous for being rich, powerful and exclusive, three things Kansas State is not.

So when people throw the word "academics" around, that's really what they are referencing.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2012, 07:27:18 PM »
Sailor Cowboy,

the mere fact you could lose to ISU last year should give you an indication there was a smaller margin of error for your team than you might think. 

First, your defense was porous.  We win in Stillwater last year by 2 TDs if not for Weeden and Blackmon.

Second, you lucked into Weeden as he showed up in the spring of '10 as a walk-on that decided to play football. 

Third, the law of averages state the string of great receivers you've had will end.  Blackmon was a lightly recruited 3 star kid that turned into the best receiver in the country.  That doesn't always happen.

OU had an outlier type year where injuries caught up to them.  When Broyles went down Jones lost his security blanket and go to guy.  It ripped up the chemistry of their offense.  That will be developed.  A healthy OU takes the conference last year and plays in the title game.

Texas has been down the past two seasons but has far more talent than anyone in the conference not named Oklahoma.  Your last two victories over them does nothing to indicate you have moved ahead of them as a program.

OSU will indeed take a step back this year and finish no better than 5th.  Mark this post down.

Oh, and KSU will handle you in Manhattan this year.
Luv this post.  Especially that last statment.  Also, you might have scared Sailor Cowboy back to the Cowboy board.  :emawkid:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2012, 08:57:59 PM »
Oklahoma State

Savannah State W
at Arizona W
Louisiana W
Texas Longhorns W L
at Kansas W
Iowa State W
TCU W L
at Kansas State  L
West Virginia L
Texas Tech W
at Oklahoma L
at Baylor Bears L W

8-4 7-5 Not a bad terrible season, but not 3rd in the Big 12, imo.

fixed it for you
Nobody fixes my predictos.

:dubious:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2012, 09:42:55 PM »
Dlew, I won't believe your schedule predicto until you add your score predictos.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2012, 09:57:56 PM »
Dlew, I won't believe your schedule predicto until you add your score predictos.
I traditionally give those after week 1.

Offline OKclone

• Taco Walk'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2012, 02:01:19 PM »
I think we lose to Iowa State this year, we actually have to play at their stadium for once.
RIP Coach Orr 1927-2013

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2012, 02:10:46 PM »
I think we lose to Iowa State this year, we actually have to play at their stadium for once.
Listen loser.  It's not our fault your dorky fans love hanging out at Kelly's so much. 

Offline OKclone

• Taco Walk'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2012, 02:41:21 PM »
What are you talking about? I'm a Kansas State fan, just how I'm seeing things.
RIP Coach Orr 1927-2013

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2012, 03:16:21 PM »
Oklahoma State

Savannah State W
at Arizona W
Louisiana W
Texas Longhorns W
at Kansas W
Iowa State W
TCU W
at Kansas State  L
West Virginia L
Texas Tech W
at Oklahoma L
at Baylor Bears L

You are getting too cocky. They will beat West Virginia and Baylor to finish 10-2, good for 3rd in the Big 12 behind K-State and Texas. Texas wins it this year.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2012, 03:19:17 PM »
Oklahoma State

Savannah State W
at Arizona W
Louisiana W
Texas Longhorns W
at Kansas W
Iowa State W
TCU W
at Kansas State  L
West Virginia L
Texas Tech W
at Oklahoma L
at Baylor Bears L

You are getting too cocky. They will beat West Virginia and Baylor to finish 10-2, good for 3rd in the Big 12 behind K-State and Texas. Texas wins it this year.
Texas
K-State
OSU

Who's number 4?  Wait, lemme guess, Baylor?

:lol:
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 03:24:59 PM by Dlew12 »

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2012, 03:46:20 PM »
Oklahoma State

Savannah State W
at Arizona W
Louisiana W
Texas Longhorns W
at Kansas W
Iowa State W
TCU W
at Kansas State  L
West Virginia L
Texas Tech W
at Oklahoma L
at Baylor Bears L

Texas
K-State
OSU

Who's number 4?  Wait, lemme guess, Baylor?

:lol:

OU, though they may still finish 1st depending on the length of some of those suspensions.