Author Topic: south carolina press conference open thread  (Read 22183 times)

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
south carolina press conference open thread
« on: March 26, 2012, 06:31:10 AM »
so, when does this thing start?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
south carolina press conference open thread
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 06:45:57 AM »
Hopefully it's after this rumored gathering of donors....but that "gathering" is probably just a couple guys who each donate a grand for a football parking lot spot who live in Wamego and are going to stop in at Anderson Hall over their lunch hour just in case they can spy Pat Bosco shaking hands with high schoolers on campus tours.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: south carolina press conference open thread
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 06:48:50 AM »
when they introduce him, it will be all like, "... elite eight appearance ... #2 overall nba draft pick ... michael jordan of grudges ..."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 07:18:57 AM »
"sorry about all the bodies in here and around the busses outside folks...."

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 07:29:33 AM »
"i'm grateful to the university of south carolina for this opportunity.  my first order of business will be to nuke the eff out of the bridge back to kstate with the largest b-1 dirty laundry squadron ever assembled."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 07:38:20 AM »
"It's nice to finally be in a good place with good human beings. You should have seen the rapists and whores I had to work with back in ManSHITHOLE, KS."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 07:50:16 AM »
"It's good to be home."

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2012, 07:53:25 AM »
No later than Tuesday Chum.

Monday 3/26 Expect an announcement to come late morning or early afternoon.  I'd expect a press conference in Columbia no later than Tuesday.

http://www.dixiefriedsports.com/Frank_Martin_Watch.html
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2012, 07:54:56 AM »
"First I'd like to thank Kansas State Univ. for giving me the opportunity to coach and accomplish the things I did.  They will always be family to me....and......and......... :lol:I'm  sorry guys, just can't do it.  Biggest bunch of hayseeds I've ever seen!.... :lol:Someone get me a tissue please.."
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline fr@ck me

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2012, 08:31:17 AM »
not sure if this has been mentioned... but Frank just leaving because he doesn't want to get clown suited by Huggins twice a year.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2012, 08:33:44 AM »
"Hi, my name is frank martin and I'd like to open today's press conference by saying it's great to work in an athletic department that doesn't have a guy named casey scott on the payroll because that guy is a total cocksucker"

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2012, 08:40:22 AM »
"excuse me one second.  this makes me emotional."

"my mother and i were in an overcrowded boat from cuba headed toward the united states of america.  i hadn't eaten an actual meal in days.  i was telling my mother over and over that i was hungry.  finally, she leaned down, grabbed my shoulders, and said, 'mi poco nino, when we get to the estados unidos, you will find your dream in a place called south carolina and you will never in your life be hungry again.'"

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2012, 08:43:45 AM »
Frank and Currie are both leaving

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2012, 08:45:47 AM »
"One of the main reasons I knew leaving K-State was okay is Brad Underwood. I know that program won't miss a beat with him in charge in Manhattan."

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2012, 08:52:52 AM »
If frank and currie both leave they both win and we all lose.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2012, 08:55:37 AM »

"Casey Scott has been around K-State athletics for a long time, he will be a quality replacement for me at the athletics director position in Manhattan."

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2012, 08:55:51 AM »

If Currie leaves it won't be on his terms. Frank wins, Currie loses, we also lose. Let's just  :pray: The Animal has someone else up his sleeve that is similar to Currie, only is not such a dickweed to his coaches.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2012, 09:01:45 AM »

If Currie leaves it won't be on his terms. Frank wins, Currie loses, we also lose. Let's just  :pray: The Animal has someone else up his sleeve that is similar to Currie, only is not such a dickweed to his coaches.

The Animal is like the kid that mows lawns in Can't Buy Me Love and Frank and Bill are combo'ed up to be the hot blonde that takes his cash.  goEMAW is the large blonde football player that drinks a lot and physically intimidates others in to getting behind the hot blonde's effort to make the lawnmow kid accepted as being super cool.  The diff, is that this lawnmow kid can't fully make it from geek to sheik.  He has to limp along somewhere in btwn and that hot blonde sure as eff better stay under his arm...

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2012, 09:10:40 AM »

The Animal is like the kid that mows lawns in Can't Buy Me Love and Frank and Bill are combo'ed up to be the hot blonde that takes his cash.  goEMAW is the large blonde football player that drinks a lot and physically intimidates others in to getting behind the hot blonde's effort to make the lawnmow kid accepted as being super cool.  The diff, is that this lawnmow kid can't fully make it from geek to sheik.  He has to limp along somewhere in btwn and that hot blonde sure as eff better stay under his arm...

I think you are wrong about The Animal. I mean just look at this picture.

He wasn't posing for that photo. That's just how he sits at meetings. One hand on his coffee. The other draped over his chair. He DGAF because he's the boss and he conducts business like a boss.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2012, 09:12:40 AM »

He wasn't posing for that photo. That's just how he sits at meetings. One hand on his coffee. The other draped over his chair. He DGAF because he's the boss and he conducts business like a boss.

My god.... I mean his actual suspenders are actually showing....

His entire world is teetering on the edge. 

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2012, 09:16:31 AM »
"Hi, my name is frank martin and I'd like to open today's press conference by saying it's great to work in an athletic department that doesn't have a guy named casey scott on the payroll because that guy is a total cocksucker"

:thumbs:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2012, 09:16:43 AM »

My god.... I mean his actual suspenders are actually showing....

His entire world is teetering on the edge.

ummm, flashing the braces once in awhile is a boss ass move.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2012, 09:17:27 AM »
"Although there is some lack of experience, we are excited to name Jamie Vaughn the new Athletic Director.  He has and will continue to make Kansas State the most compliant Athletic Department in all of College Athletics.  As his first act as AD, we are also excited to announce that we were able to continue what Coach Martin had started by naming Darren Kent our next Men's Basketball Coach."

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2012, 09:17:45 AM »

Unfortunately, the pic was snapped just after he took his feet down off the desk.

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2012, 09:20:38 AM »

:thumbs:

lol