Author Topic: Gopowercat, genius writing? Lets compare with history's greatest authors!  (Read 1017 times)

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Interestingly, when you combine Tim Fitzgerald's name and D. Scott Fritchen, you get F. Scott Fitzgerald.  That's not the only coincidence.  Most of you know how well-written Gopowercat articles are.  I recently spent some time comparing their works with history's greatest authors (F. Scott, Twain, Thoreau, etc), and I can confirm their genius.  It is virtually on the same level.  See if you can pick out which lines they wrote!

--------------------

1) "It was hard to blame him for the chuckle. The motion was awkward and the occasion was rare enough to be comical."

2) "Sometimes it is harder to deprive oneself of a pain than of a pleasure."

3) "A sneak attack it was not. The lopsided start carried the shock value of a phone book."

4) "Embrace his role. Embrace being the man. Embrace -- for lack of a better term -- being selfish."

5) "Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."

6) "Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear."

7) "A big man has no time really to do anything but just sit and be big."

8) "Sometimes, it's somewhat poetic how things go full circle."

9) "Yet if the only form of tradition, of handing down, consisted in following the ways of the immediate generation before us in a blind or timid adherence to its successes, "tradition" should positively be discouraged."

10) "Familiarity hasn't totally given way to comfort, though. Nervousness remains. Whether or not that's a good thing remains to be seen."

BONUS) "I've been drunk for about a week now, and I thought it might sober me up to sit in a library."

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Gopowercat, genius writing? Lets compare with history's greatest authors!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 06:40:13 AM »
This is a trick.  They're all D. Scott, right?