Author Topic: George Zimmerman is a piece of crap  (Read 199629 times)

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Trayvon Martin
« Reply #1750 on: July 15, 2013, 07:55:56 PM »
This juror on CNN is doing a great job of representing #teamZimmerman

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: July 15, 2013, 08:37:08 PM »

yeah, her agent probably told her a book deal for an acquittal was worth more than a book deal for a conviction.

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: July 15, 2013, 08:55:05 PM »
Italians have the Roman complex of superiority

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: July 15, 2013, 09:33:41 PM »

yeah, her agent probably told her a book deal for an acquittal was worth more than a book deal for a conviction.

You guys would have let OJ go free.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: July 15, 2013, 09:39:15 PM »
Drove past WuShock U on my way to my weekly Ultimate pick-up (PM if interested in the wichita area, mondays at 6) and there were 100 people holding signs on the corner across from Koch Arena and shouting... i think i F'd up a photo Op, because they were all really animated and right up on the curb i was turning on... i was confused because i didn't know if i was going to hit any of them so i kinda slowed down rolling by and there were cameras across the street.  They seemed really pissed off about TM, whom i never knew was murdered by Wichita State officials, or at least i think thats why they were all gathered there.  Really disturbing.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1755 on: July 15, 2013, 09:45:20 PM »

No, would've convicted on that one too.

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: July 15, 2013, 09:49:43 PM »

you would have convicted GZ?

I understand wanting to but under the law seems like it was pretty straight forward.

Offline Unruly

• Oh so Unruly.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: July 15, 2013, 10:07:17 PM »

Oh MS, you never cease to amaze me.
:dance:

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: July 15, 2013, 10:09:05 PM »

I understand wanting to but under the law seems like it was pretty straight forward.

The law allows for a jury to interpret it any way they want, though.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: July 15, 2013, 10:12:29 PM »

I am very confident I could've corralled that group in to nullifying SYG.

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: July 15, 2013, 10:14:11 PM »
I watched a lot of the trial.  For me, the key was the 4 minute gap.  I think that was probably true for the jury too, because I was very biased going into trial.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: July 15, 2013, 10:14:57 PM »
If I were a juror, I wouldn't even care what the law says. The guy is on trial for murder. He's obviously a horrible person, and he created the situation. Guilty. If I can't get everyone else to agree, hung jury. I'm not going to cast a vote that sends that bad person free.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: July 15, 2013, 10:18:22 PM »
The thing that bothers me more than anything is that relatively little attention has been paid to the absolutely insane laws in place that protected George Zimmerman.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: July 15, 2013, 10:18:50 PM »
The description the radio guys at 980 discussed today made it sound like either could have killed the other in that four min and both would have had pretty much the same defense.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: July 15, 2013, 10:20:27 PM »
The thing that bothers me more than anything is that relatively little attention has been paid to the absolutely insane laws in place that protected George Zimmerman.

yeah

essentially, if you get in a fight in FL and are losing you can kill the other guy.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: July 15, 2013, 10:21:18 PM »
Yep. No duty to try to flee if you feel your life is in danger.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: July 15, 2013, 10:21:40 PM »
I think that trayvon's dad not identifying the voice was pretty big too.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: July 15, 2013, 10:30:38 PM »

The same laws are in place in Kansas and most other states. It was just a standard self-defense claim, and there's nothing really special about it.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: July 15, 2013, 10:31:51 PM »

The same laws are in place in Kansas and most other states. It was just a standard self-defense claim, and there's nothing really special about it.

Don't you have to attempt to retreat in KS?  I mix up which ones are which.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: July 15, 2013, 10:32:07 PM »

Did she give any info on the jury deliberations?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1770 on: July 15, 2013, 10:32:49 PM »

You said that a lot, then someone pointed out that Stand Your Ground was mentioned in the jury instructions and you seemed surprised and now you seem to be claiming that it had no effect again.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: July 15, 2013, 10:33:11 PM »
I have been edified by K-S-U with respect to the laws involved, and I suggest you all open your minds a bit.  SYG had nothing to do with the criminal proceedings.  Don't be afraid to learn about the criminal justice system; it's much better than sounding like a dumbass when you wax dumbass based on your misconceptions.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: July 15, 2013, 10:34:57 PM »
I have been edified by K-S-U with respect to the laws involved, and I suggest you all open your minds a bit.  SYG had nothing to do with the criminal proceedings.  Don't be afraid to learn about the criminal justice system; it's much better than sounding like a dumbass when you wax dumbass based on your misconceptions.

HTH dumbass

If George Zimmerman was not engaged in an unlawful activity and was attacked in anyplace where he had a right to be, he had no duty to retreat and had the right to stand his ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he reasonably believed that it was necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: July 15, 2013, 10:35:22 PM »

No, you don't have a duty to retreat in KS before invoking self-defense. It all comes down to whether you have a reasonable fear. Regardless, SYG was not an issue in the Zimmerman trial because according to the defendant's story that TM was on top of him, he couldn't retreat anyway.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: July 15, 2013, 10:36:54 PM »

No, you don't have a duty to retreat in KS before invoking self-defense. It all comes down to whether you have a reasonable fear. Regardless, SYG was not an issue in the Zimmerman trial because according to the defendant's story that TM was on top of him, he couldn't retreat anyway.

SYG was in the jury instructions, therefore it was an issue in the Zimmerman trial.