Author Topic: George Zimmerman is a piece of crap  (Read 200715 times)

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Trayvon Martin
« Reply #1725 on: July 14, 2013, 02:55:05 PM »
What "cultural influence" would you find that had more of an effect than racism?

Education levels, 2 parent families, cultural values, blah blah blah

And why do you think the things you listed are different asking different races?

I'm not interested in this bread crumb conversation.  To jump to the conclusion that one influence, in this case racism, is wholly to blame is asinine.  You're free to think otherwise.

Why is it asinine? Can you name any influence that had more of an impact? Or are you arguing that if blacks had gotten a fair shake in this country from day one that they would still have higher incarceration rates?

So which is it?  First you imply it's reasonable to blame the disparity wholly on racism, then you ask what had MORE of an impact?  It's asinine to say one factor has 100% of the influence.  Which is obvious to anyone with a pulse.

true, I misspoke. racism isn't the only factor, it is just the largest factor. it is asinine to think it's the only factor.

Then we move on to the historical point of view.  If we're discussing whether past racism has influenced black culture the answer is clearly yes.  And in my opinion has a lot to do with the disparities we're discussing.  My opinion, and only an opinion, is that past discretions cannot justify current actions.  Responsibility is necessary, whether for an individual, a culture or race, or a society.

Yeah, blacks are clearly a less responsible race. We can't ignore that.

Offline Pendergast

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Trayvon Martin
« Reply #1726 on: July 14, 2013, 03:09:35 PM »
Exactly, that was the conclusion I was going for.

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: July 14, 2013, 03:17:13 PM »
The Derp in this thread is reaching level 10.

Zimmerman was found not guilty. He was prosecuted by the very best homicide prosecutors in the State of Florida. Literally the best. The lead had won something crazy like 79/81 homicide cases he has worked. 97.5% success rate. Zimmerman was defended Pro-bono by a divorce lawyer that graduated from UCF.

Everything points to Zimmerman being not guilty. There isn't any evidence saying otherwise. If you fools want a court system dominated by public opinion and emotion feel free to catch the next flight to a 3rd world crap hole.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: July 14, 2013, 03:23:43 PM »
The Derp in this thread is reaching level 10.

Zimmerman was found not guilty. He was prosecuted by the very best homicide prosecutors in the State of Florida. Literally the best. The lead had won something crazy like 79/81 homicide cases he has worked. 97.5% success rate. Zimmerman was defended Pro-bono by a divorce lawyer that graduated from UCF.

Everything points to Zimmerman being not guilty. There isn't any evidence saying otherwise. If you fools want a court system dominated by public opinion and emotion feel free to catch the next flight to a 3rd world crap hole.

the herp derp thing is overdone
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Ms. WackySquawk

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: July 14, 2013, 03:37:02 PM »
Has Zimmerman been killed yet?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: July 14, 2013, 03:41:00 PM »
my favorite part of this thread has been how desperate skinnybenny has been for someone to acknowledge that he is outraged by anything and everything about this case.  good job, everyone, in not acknowledging mr. benny.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Trayvon Martin
« Reply #1731 on: July 14, 2013, 03:43:09 PM »
Good to know you can still shoot someone trying to kill you.  #thanksgz

The only other thing I've learned in all of this is that black people honestly believe the justice system is out to get them.  I thought this belief was limited to high school pot heads.#themoreyouknow

such a shocker that you're in the bag for team Z.

Look up incarceration rates and sentencing lengths and tell me with a straight face that they don't have a point.

They don't have a point.

:blank:

Placing blame on others is a hallmark of weakness.

If a black male and a white male commit the same crime and the white male gets a considerably lesser sentence then there is a problem.

Happens all the time and I witnessed it in my short stint as a youth.

I'm open to changing my mind, but waxing poetic isn't going to do it.  Do you have actual facts?
http://www.prisonpolicy.org/graphs/raceinc.html

Aren't these stats pretty much common knowledge???

Well no, obviously, but most would assume them to be somewhat accurate.  They don't prove anything though so, keep searching.  To assume that it's simply bias/racism/whatever excuse rather than exploring the cultural influences is foolish.

What "cultural influence" would you find that had more of an effect than racism?

Poverty.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: July 14, 2013, 03:48:14 PM »
my favorite part of this thread has been how desperate skinnybenny has been for someone to acknowledge that he is outraged by anything and everything about this case.  good job, everyone, in not acknowledging mr. benny.

:eek:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: July 14, 2013, 04:03:24 PM »
You just acknowledged me :excited:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: July 14, 2013, 04:14:24 PM »
You just acknowledged me :excited:

:emawkid: 'grats SB

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: July 14, 2013, 04:14:39 PM »

Good gE'rs fact-check posts like this.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: July 14, 2013, 04:15:21 PM »
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: July 14, 2013, 04:24:30 PM »

Good gE'rs fact-check posts like this.

:surprised:  Man, crap is getting really real around here.

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Trayvon Martin
« Reply #1738 on: July 14, 2013, 04:27:10 PM »
Good to know you can still shoot someone trying to kill you.  #thanksgz

The only other thing I've learned in all of this is that black people honestly believe the justice system is out to get them.  I thought this belief was limited to high school pot heads.#themoreyouknow

such a shocker that you're in the bag for team Z.

Look up incarceration rates and sentencing lengths and tell me with a straight face that they don't have a point.

They don't have a point.

:blank:

Placing blame on others is a hallmark of weakness.

If a black male and a white male commit the same crime and the white male gets a considerably lesser sentence then there is a problem.

Happens all the time and I witnessed it in my short stint as a youth.

I'm open to changing my mind, but waxing poetic isn't going to do it.  Do you have actual facts?
http://www.prisonpolicy.org/graphs/raceinc.html

Aren't these stats pretty much common knowledge???

Well no, obviously, but most would assume them to be somewhat accurate.  They don't prove anything though so, keep searching.  To assume that it's simply bias/racism/whatever excuse rather than exploring the cultural influences is foolish.

Education levels, 2 parent families, cultural values, blah blah blah

Racism will always exist, and within every race.  To discount it exists is not my point.  My point is that racism plays one part, and I would argue it accounts for a very small percentage of the differences in "statistics" such as those linked.  Why aren't asians on that graph?  Why aren't native americans on that graph?  Mark twain probably has the perfect answer for those questions.

The disparity in sentences can't be attributed to "Education levels, 2 parent families, cultural values, blah blah blah" as a judge would never use that criteria when sentencing a convicted defendant. 

I take it you're ignorant of the sentencing guidelines that have been put into place because of the drug war as it pertains to crack versus cocaine.   

Think about that, and then think about which communities each drug is prevalent in.

I also recommend watching the American Drug War:The Last White Hope by Kevin Booth.

Yes, judges do use such inputs in sentencing, to doubt that shows a grave misunderstanding of the legal system.  You've not provided any statistics on disparity of sentencing based on race.  This seems to show the disparity quite well:

http://www.americanprogress.org/issues/race/news/2012/03/13/11351/the-top-10-most-startling-facts-about-people-of-color-and-criminal-justice-in-the-united-states/

Fact 8, if true.  However, yet again, racism is not the sole component.  To what percentage it influences such inconsistencies is impossible to gauge, making this a theoretical discussion.  So, feel free to tout ignorance and what have you, it's simply not the case.

I was going to use the same source..

Are you in the there's no racism anymore camp?   

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: July 14, 2013, 04:27:54 PM »
Exactly, that was the conclusion I was going for.

Then why dance around and act as if it's not significant?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1740 on: July 14, 2013, 11:50:21 PM »

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: July 15, 2013, 09:32:46 AM »
Yes, the "stand your ground" laws passed by the NRA make it much, much harder to prosecute for murder.  Thanks Charlton Heston!
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: July 15, 2013, 02:41:36 PM »
i'm getting pissed that people continue to talk about race, zimmerman isn't white.

Pro-tip:  white people aren't the only racists.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Trayvon Martin
« Reply #1743 on: July 15, 2013, 03:17:43 PM »
Are Italians considered white? Because they're comically racist. Can "real" whites still be racist against Italians if so? Because it would probably be a downer to see it downgraded to something fickle like prejudice.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: July 15, 2013, 03:39:14 PM »
Are Italians considered white? Because they're comically racist. Can "real" whites still be racist against Italians if so? Because it would probably be a downer to see it downgraded to something fickle like prejudice.

It really amazes me how casual all of Europe is about their racism.

Offline Jabeez

• Combo-Fan
  • #Currie4USPrez
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: July 15, 2013, 05:17:18 PM »

Roommate is Italian, from the east coast. I make lots of comments about Italians he thinks are racist.  East coast has kept their cultural identity among the separate European cultures inside of cities.  He gets really mad at things named after mafia characters, restaurants in particular,  and thinks its really racist.  His parents are hilariously east coast Italian though,  mom wears leopard print coats, smokes a lot, is incredibly overbearing on him ("joohnny you aren't getting enough food, you need to eat more!"). As a kid, he would get presents from his cousins that "fell off the back of a truck".  I find the stories really fun.

He also talks a lot about not liking black people, not all of them though, just the thugs :rolleyes:

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: July 15, 2013, 06:06:37 PM »

Were you talking about this? Because I've always thought they were horribly racist, but this is a new low.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/europe/2013/07/2013715132119761130.html

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: July 15, 2013, 06:11:36 PM »

Were you talking about this? Because I've always thought they were horribly racist, but this is a new low.

omg  :lol:

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: July 15, 2013, 06:15:56 PM »
Wow

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Trayvon Martin
« Reply #1749 on: July 15, 2013, 06:22:43 PM »

Yep. Italy is Serie A racism.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."