Author Topic: George Zimmerman is a piece of crap  (Read 199638 times)

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Trayvon Martin
« Reply #1500 on: July 12, 2013, 10:49:58 AM »
#dadkilledit

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: July 12, 2013, 10:51:41 AM »
was just coming here to post about O'mara :love: 

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: July 12, 2013, 11:06:01 AM »
Zim's attorney is killing it.

Poor choice of words?

It was a pretty darned good closing, but he has the stronger case. I thought the cutouts to compare the size difference b/w the two was particularly effective. I do wish he had given TM's mom a heads up before whipping out the autopsy photo.

You know what was really weird though, not a single mention of SYG. (That one's for you, SD. :cheers:)
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: July 12, 2013, 11:07:46 AM »
So what was up with the Judge and the line of questioning yesterday?  Zimmermans atty's were all  :dunno:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: July 12, 2013, 11:26:55 AM »
It's kind of messed up that the legal system doesn't require the jury to know "beyond reasonable doubt" that TM attacked GZ. The defense just has to show that it could have happened.

I mean, I get it, but it's messed up.

Agreed. I understand and support the trade off we made, but I don't always enjoy seeing the results. Dude killed a kid. Whether its stand your ground, concealed carry, whatever, there's a glitch in the system. For me, it's mostly about a kid getting killed and less about GZ walking, though.

yeah

Do you two think deadly force in self defense should always require jail time?  Maybe I'm misreading, but it seems like you're saying a killed b, and no matter the circumstances a deserves jail for killing someone.

This is quite possibly the most opposite of what I was saying. I don't really care about the verdict part. In fact, I'd probably lean toward no/minimal prison time for the same reasons as sys. My point is that the system has a problem when this is a potential result of an over eager neighborhood patrol. Whether that problem is judicial or social or whatever, I don't really know. But Martin died because GZ unnecessarily picked a fight and unnecessarily had a gun.

I'm struggling to find a way to figure out how this
I'd probably lean toward no/minimal prison time
and this
But Martin died because GZ unnecessarily picked a fight and unnecessarily had a gun.
can sensibly coexist in the same coherent thought. Someone please help me out here.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: July 12, 2013, 11:30:00 AM »
Because of the way the laws are structured? Discord between what it's right and what is legal or punishable in our justice system? :dunno:
:adios:

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: July 12, 2013, 11:31:32 AM »
Prosecutor "He lied"

pretty weak.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: July 12, 2013, 11:51:40 AM »
He's doing alright.  I might have missed it, but I thought the jury instructions were absolutely settled on by now.  I'd be making my argument with the actual instructions as the framework, not what the sides want them to be.  Both sides seem to be doing the latter.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: July 12, 2013, 12:05:50 PM »
and this
But Martin died because GZ unnecessarily picked a fight and unnecessarily had a gun.
can sensibly coexist in the same coherent thought. Someone please help me out here.

unnecessarily doesn't mean illegally
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: July 12, 2013, 12:36:56 PM »
and this

Yeah, I think at some point in this thread that what Zimmerman was most guilty of was being a hot-headed jackass with a gun, but you can't really send someone to prison for that.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: July 12, 2013, 12:41:18 PM »
and this

Yeah, I think at some point in this thread that what Zimmerman was most guilty of was being a hot-headed jackass with a gun, but you can't really send someone to prison for that.

i personally would if given the chance.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: July 12, 2013, 12:55:55 PM »
and this

i personally would if given the chance.

You sound like a hot-head.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: July 12, 2013, 01:14:25 PM »
Is there reasonable doubt that Travyon Martin is dead?   No.

Is there reasonable doubt that George Zimmerman killed Trayvon Martin?  No.

Is there reasonable doubt that the killing was justified and/or committed in self defense?  Yes. 

Conclusion:  no 2nd degree murder conviction

However, I could see a manslaughter conviction, since the evidence shows that Zimmerman did seem to display a disregard for human life, and acted in an irresponsible manner.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: July 12, 2013, 01:40:43 PM »

Is there reasonable doubt that the killing was justified and/or committed in self defense?  Yes. 

However, I could see a manslaughter conviction, since the evidence shows that Zimmerman did seem to display a disregard for human life, and acted in an irresponsible manner.

self defense burden of proof, tho

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: July 12, 2013, 02:03:59 PM »

self defense burden of proof, tho

He's a ku grad.  Product of his environment.  Can't blame him for being a dumbass.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1515 on: July 12, 2013, 02:35:47 PM »

Self defense applies to the manslaughter charge exactly the same as the murder charge. If the jury finds the state failed to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that GZ was not acting in self defense, he must be acquitted on both counts (assuming the jury follows the law).
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: July 12, 2013, 02:37:19 PM »

Self defense applies to the manslaughter charge exactly the same as the murder charge. If the jury finds the state failed to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that GZ was not acting in self defense, he must be acquitted on both counts (assuming the jury follows the law).

female jury, tho

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: July 12, 2013, 02:40:59 PM »

female jury, tho

http://www.mediaite.com/online/ap-reporter-zimmerman-juror-appeared-to-be-wiping-away-a-tear-during-prosecution%E2%80%99s-rebuttal/

:runaway:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: July 12, 2013, 02:45:15 PM »

female jury, tho

http://www.mediaite.com/online/ap-reporter-zimmerman-juror-appeared-to-be-wiping-away-a-tear-during-prosecution%E2%80%99s-rebuttal/

One Associated Press reporter tweeted that he saw one juror “whipping away a tear” during the prosecution’s argument.

:D

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: July 12, 2013, 02:45:31 PM »

female jury, tho

"Listen to your heart"   :jerk:

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: July 12, 2013, 03:14:53 PM »

female jury, tho

One Associated Press reporter tweeted that he saw one juror “whipping away a tear” during the prosecution’s argument.

:D

The AP just won't stop playing the race card.  :shakesfist:

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: July 12, 2013, 03:21:16 PM »
Lots of wannabe lawyers in this thread. 

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: July 12, 2013, 03:29:18 PM »
Lots of wannabe lawyers in this thread.

If I were you, I'd put a gag on unless you'd like an attenuation of the taint.

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: July 12, 2013, 03:45:57 PM »
BREAKING NEWS:

The Associated Press ?@AP  56s 
BREAKING: Jury in Zimmerman murder trial has a question for judge; they want an index of all evidence. -MM

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: July 12, 2013, 04:19:23 PM »
:sdeek:

Pic of a dead Trayvon on Gawker. Won't post it here

Here it is, I think everyone who has posted in this thread should look at it:

http://gawker.com/this-courtesy-of-msnbc-is-trayvon-martins-dead-body-753370712