Author Topic: George Zimmerman is a piece of crap  (Read 199692 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: Trayvon Martin
« Reply #1275 on: July 08, 2013, 12:16:08 PM »
The defense never should have tried this case as 2nd degree murder.  They may have had a case with voluntary manslaughter, but I just don't think there's enough evidence against Zimmerman to convict him of murder at this point.   

they didn't have a choice

:confused:

they're acting on orders they were given.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: July 08, 2013, 12:19:02 PM »
The defense never should have tried this case as 2nd degree murder.  They may have had a case with voluntary manslaughter, but I just don't think there's enough evidence against Zimmerman to convict him of murder at this point.   

also it doesn't matter because he can still be convicted of manslaughter. we had a FL bar attorney in this very thread that went over it.

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: July 08, 2013, 12:34:50 PM »
Are you dumbasses going to be super butthurt when Zimm is acquitted of 2nd degree murder?

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: July 08, 2013, 12:35:47 PM »
Are you dumbasses going to be super butthurt when Zimm is acquitted of 2nd degree murder?

I'm already butthurt that he got away with murder, the acquittal is a formality.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: July 08, 2013, 12:36:57 PM »

who are you directing that question to? I don't remember anyone outside of maybe beems saying they thought he would be convicted.

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: July 08, 2013, 12:41:19 PM »

who are you directing that question to? I don't remember anyone outside of maybe beems saying they thought he would be convicted.

The majority of the posters in this thread. You all might not think he will get convicted but it's pretty obvious most think he should be convicted

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: July 08, 2013, 12:42:52 PM »
Can't wait for someone to administer some street justice to GZ. What goes around, comes  around, ya know?
:adios:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: July 08, 2013, 12:43:51 PM »

The majority of the posters in this thread. You all might not think he will get convicted but it's pretty obvious most think he should be convicted

you have a very difficult time seperating the trial from the situation

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: July 08, 2013, 12:52:31 PM »

I think that had the case been handled well from jump, including the investigation and the eventual filing of charges, and on through the trial, a conviction on 2nd degree murder would have been very attainable and appropriate.  With what's actually played out, I'll be surprised if he gets convicted of 2nd degree murder, but there's always a chance.  Maybe they'll fly me in to give a kick-ass closing argument.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: July 08, 2013, 12:58:46 PM »

I think that had the case been handled well from jump, including the investigation and the eventual filing of charges, and on through the trial, a conviction on 2nd degree murder would have been very attainable and appropriate.  With what's actually played out, I'll be surprised if he gets convicted of 2nd degree murder, but there's always a chance.  Maybe they'll fly me in to give a kick-ass closing argument.

Which piece of evidence do you think they missed that may have been the deciding factor for the jury to convict on 2nd degree murder? (assuming they won't)

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: July 08, 2013, 01:01:36 PM »

Woof.  I meant to say "prosecution," not defense.  I'm still recovering from 4th of July vacation week, apparently.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: July 08, 2013, 01:03:20 PM »

wut

I never said I thought Zimmerman would be convicted.  How dare you!

:shakesfist:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: July 08, 2013, 01:04:16 PM »

Which piece of evidence do you think they missed that may have been the deciding factor for the jury to convict on 2nd degree murder? (assuming they won't)

Evidence to support a charge of assault for what Zimmerman did leading up to the altercation and him shooting Martin.

Total coincidence, I was just coming back here to post this: http://www.kansas.com/2013/07/08/2879835/two-arrested-after-threatening.html

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: July 08, 2013, 01:12:27 PM »

I fall into this category. There just isn't any way to justify the actions of George Zimmerman. He won't get convicted because he is in Florida, the victim is black, and the prosecution and police did a horrible job. As a juror, I would never vote in favor of somebody claiming self defense unless I thought there was a legitimate threat to that person's life.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: July 08, 2013, 01:17:52 PM »

Evidence to support a charge of assault for what Zimmerman did leading up to the altercation and him shooting Martin.

Total coincidence, I was just coming back here to post this: http://www.kansas.com/2013/07/08/2879835/two-arrested-after-threatening.html

I'm not sure they could conjure up a witness at any point to say GZ threatened him with a weapon or even threatened him verbally. I imagine they would have come forward by now.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1290 on: July 08, 2013, 01:19:50 PM »
I'm not sure they could conjure up a witness at any point to say GZ threatened him with a weapon or even threatened him verbally. I imagine they would have come forward by now.

I think chasing Martin down constitutes a threat of some sort.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: July 08, 2013, 01:31:36 PM »

Right. I'm pretty sure they interviewed everyone in the neighborhood, looked for surveillance tape, etc. What else should the police have done to find more evidence that GZ initiated the fight? Or did they not interrogate GZ hard enough?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: July 08, 2013, 01:32:37 PM »
The whole, "Martin is dead so Zimm must be lying" argument is pretty great

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: July 08, 2013, 01:33:10 PM »
smell test

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: July 08, 2013, 01:49:39 PM »
Zimm's trainer (and ground and pound expert) now testifying that Zimm was an unathletic, fat piece of crap

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: July 08, 2013, 02:09:59 PM »

Let's say everything that Zimmerman said is true. It still does not qualify as self defense to me.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: July 08, 2013, 02:13:24 PM »

Let's say everything that Zimmerman said is true. It still does not qualify as self defense to me.

jfc  :facepalm:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: July 08, 2013, 02:20:36 PM »

Just look at the facts.

Zimmerman assaults Martin (see Trim's post).

Martin retaliates with a punch to the nose.

Martin gets on top of Zimmerman, maybe punches him once, and covers his mouth to keep him from screaming for help.

The cops are already on their way and should be arriving any minute.

Zimmerman has a gun and can use it if he continues to get punched. He does not look like he was punched more than once or twice.

Multiple eyewitnesses are present to potentially break up the fight and have told Zimmerman that they are calling 911.

Zimmerman shoots Martin in the chest. Has very minor wounds consisting of a bloody nose (no break) and 4 or 5 tiny scratches on the back of his head.

Offline Unruly

• Oh so Unruly.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: July 08, 2013, 02:32:37 PM »

Just look at the facts.

Zimmerman assaults Martin (see Trim's post).

Martin retaliates with a punch to the nose.

Martin gets on top of Zimmerman, maybe punches him once, and covers his mouth to keep him from screaming for help.

The cops are already on their way and should be arriving any minute.

Zimmerman has a gun and can use it if he continues to get punched. He does not look like he was punched more than once or twice.

Multiple eyewitnesses are present to potentially break up the fight and have told Zimmerman that they are calling 911.

Zimmerman shoots Martin in the chest. Has very minor wounds consisting of a bloody nose (no break) and 4 or 5 tiny scratches on the back of his head.

But per trims post GZ didn't assault him.  :dunno:
:dance: