Author Topic: George Zimmerman is a piece of crap  (Read 200692 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Trayvon Martin
« Reply #1050 on: July 03, 2013, 07:33:36 AM »
So hold on, you're automatically racist in this case if you believe Zimmerman?  :frown:

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: July 03, 2013, 07:38:44 AM »
So hold on, you're automatically racist in this case if you believe Zimmerman?  :frown:

you are a welcome addition to this thread friend

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: July 03, 2013, 07:41:18 AM »

No, gullibility doesn't necessarily equal racism.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: July 03, 2013, 07:47:00 AM »
I do believe Zimmerman is a rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!), however. He should be pinned up for that alone. Stay in your rough ridin' car, dumbass or drive away and who gives a eff if anything happens? :dunno: Not your problem, you're not the cops.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: July 03, 2013, 07:47:12 AM »
do some of you really think that that 16 year old was whipping GZ's ass that badly?  are you dumb?

I bet 16 year old me could have whooped GZ's ass :dunno:

He would have shot you dead.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: July 03, 2013, 07:52:52 AM »
As lawyers (Trim, Limestone, etc.) do you automatically think everyone is full of crap? By instinct?

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: July 03, 2013, 07:53:06 AM »
do some of you really think that that 16 year old was whipping GZ's ass that badly?  are you dumb?

I bet 16 year old me could have whooped GZ's ass :dunno:

He would have shot you dead.

it's kind of sucky that the only teenagers that would have survived that confrontation are the biggest puds

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Trayvon Martin
« Reply #1057 on: July 03, 2013, 08:02:00 AM »
As lawyers (Trim, Limestone, etc.) do you automatically think everyone is full of crap? By instinct?

I'm no attorney, but your bullshit detector should probably be going off on any story from someone who shoots and kills an unarmed teenager with no apparent history of violence. Especially when the shooter DOES have a history of violence. If it doesn't go off, then yeah, you're definitely racist.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: July 03, 2013, 08:05:02 AM »
Good point.

Offline Daddy Claxton

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: July 03, 2013, 08:50:51 AM »

No and maybe.

I just choose not to ignore certain things that are on the table just because they don't line up with reaching the conclusion I want to reach.

Also, "facts" was a bad word choice in my prev post.

I'm not ignoring anything.  Let your common sense guide you.

Isn't that the rub, though? My common sense guides me to what I think is the same conclusion as your's about what actually happened. However, my conclusion is based on a bunch of facts and suppositions that the jury doesn't have or, although a reasonable conclusion, still leaves room for reasonable doubt.

So we're left in a situation where the law requires GZ to be allowed to get away with something I think he should be punished for. How do we correct that? Should the jury ignore the reasonable doubt standard? Should there be a different standard in a self defense case where the evidence is lacking because the defendant killed a key witness? Should GZ not be allowed to claim self defense because his prior actions, although not necessarily unlawful, precipitated the entire event?

Also, guns are here to stay in the US, imo. Is there a way to keep them away from idiots like GZ? I don't think so (provided said idiot doesn't have a restraing order as GZ did). Plus the idiocy gets compounded by the fact that the idiot is emboldened by carrying the gun. No fix for that from what I can see.

TM shouldn't have to be afraid to walk to kwik shop in his dad's neighborhood, but should neighborhood watch be allowed to ask a stranger what he's doing in the neighborhood at night?  If so, how far should the watchman be allowed to go before the stranger is allowed to protect himself from the watchman? I don't think TM should be allowed to attack him the second GZ got out of the truck, but there is a line somewhere.  Does the watchman get any of considerations (obviously not all) that a cop gets in the situation?

Go cats.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: July 03, 2013, 08:56:25 AM »
a lot of people seem to have a hard time discussing their feelings re. the situation v. their feelings re. the trial and legal process.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: July 03, 2013, 08:58:12 AM »
I always did a minute or so during closing to explain to any dumbasses that slipped onto the jury what reasonable doubt is. Worked fine. All the bad guys went to prison.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: July 03, 2013, 08:59:24 AM »

No and maybe.

I just choose not to ignore certain things that are on the table just because they don't line up with reaching the conclusion I want to reach.

Also, "facts" was a bad word choice in my prev post.

I'm not ignoring anything.  Let your common sense guide you.

Isn't that the rub, though? My common sense guides me to what I think is the same conclusion as your's about what actually happened. However, my conclusion is based on a bunch of facts and suppositions that the jury doesn't have or, although a reasonable conclusion, still leaves room for reasonable doubt.

So we're left in a situation where the law requires GZ to be allowed to get away with something I think he should be punished for. How do we correct that? Should the jury ignore the reasonable doubt standard? Should there be a different standard in a self defense case where the evidence is lacking because the defendant killed a key witness? Should GZ not be allowed to claim self defense because his prior actions, although not necessarily unlawful, precipitated the entire event?

Also, guns are here to stay in the US, imo. Is there a way to keep them away from idiots like GZ? I don't think so (provided said idiot doesn't have a restraing order as GZ did). Plus the idiocy gets compounded by the fact that the idiot is emboldened by carrying the gun. No fix for that from what I can see.

TM shouldn't have to be afraid to walk to kwik shop in his dad's neighborhood, but should neighborhood watch be allowed to ask a stranger what he's doing in the neighborhood at night?  If so, how far should the watchman be allowed to go before the stranger is allowed to protect himself from the watchman? I don't think TM should be allowed to attack him the second GZ got out of the truck, but there is a line somewhere.  Does the watchman get any of considerations (obviously not all) that a cop gets in the situation?

Go cats.

If GZ walks, then we really need to look at what the standard for self defense is. Even if everything Zimmerman said were true, I don't really believe his life was in danger, and his injuries were not severe at all. His doctor said he didn't even have a broken nose. Getting punched once or twice and then being held on the ground (the injuries don't really support a ground and pound scenario at all) should not give you free license to take a life.

Ideally, GZ would have followed the rules of the neighborhood watch and not been toting a gun around while performing his watch role. Zimmerman absolutely has the right to walk around the neighborhood and ask questions. He just doesn't have the right to take a life when that questioning turns into a minor scuffle. If Martin attacked Zimmerman first, I would fully support him being charged with assault.

Offline Daddy Claxton

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: July 03, 2013, 09:09:35 AM »
a lot of people seem to have a hard time discussing their feelings re. the situation v. their feelings re. the trial and legal process.

Ouch, if you're talking about me.

NK, i don't think you are taking everything GZ said as true, but maybe the portions you are ignoring are not credible enough to introduce reasonable doubt. 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: July 03, 2013, 09:10:49 AM »

exactly

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline ltrain

• Combo-Fan
  • go cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: July 03, 2013, 09:17:12 AM »

The fact that GZ was neighborhood watch needs to be removed from the discussion IMO.  TM didn't know he was neighborhood watch, he was just a guy (with a gun) stalking/chasing him through the neighborhood
Wondering who is running this hot dog stand and seriously considering heading out for tacos.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: July 03, 2013, 09:23:03 AM »

Ouch, if you're talking about me.

NK, i don't think you are taking everything GZ said as true, but maybe the portions you are ignoring are not credible enough to introduce reasonable doubt.

I'm taking what GZ said as basically true, and just weeding out the bullshit that doesn't match the physical evidence.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: July 03, 2013, 09:24:56 AM »
Zimmerman is walking and my prediction is that someone Kennedy assassin the killer of the killer.

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: July 03, 2013, 09:25:17 AM »

The fact that GZ was neighborhood watch needs to be removed from the discussion IMO.  TM didn't know he was neighborhood watch, he was just a guy (with a gun) stalking/chasing him through the neighborhood

wtf are you talking about?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: July 03, 2013, 09:26:28 AM »
someone Kennedy assassin the killer of the killer.

I'm just not sure what you are trying to say here, fanning.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: July 03, 2013, 09:26:48 AM »
Zimmerman is walking and my prediction is that someone Kennedy assassin the killer of the killer.

It'd be something else if somebody kills Zimmerman Zimmerman-style.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: July 03, 2013, 09:27:48 AM »

congrats, fanning, you've topped yourself. 

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: July 03, 2013, 09:34:29 AM »
 :peek:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: July 03, 2013, 09:39:05 AM »
He means someone's going Jack Ruby on GZ.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: July 03, 2013, 09:56:54 AM »
He means someone's going Jack Ruby on GZ.

Street justice yo.