Author Topic: Royce  (Read 13155 times)

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Royce
« Reply #75 on: March 21, 2012, 10:14:48 PM »
There is a reason all you hear about with this class is depth.  There are a lot of decent players. Just no stars. Boring.

Anthony Davis, but yeah, other than that no super stars..

14 and 10. Meh. I guess he's long and stuff and blocks a lot of shots. Just can't get excited about him. But you're right, he has the potential to be a very good NBA player.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 21, 2012, 11:35:02 PM »
Just looked at a 2012 mock draft for the first time. My goodness what a terrible draft class. College basketball is a joke this year.

You're kidding right?  This is one of the deepest draft classes in years.  Jared Sullinger and Terrence Jones would have been top 5 picks last year.

:lol:  this is the weakest draft class in 40+ years.  Get a clue.  For gods sake, T-Rob, who is basically a poor man's Trevor Booker, is projected to be a top 3 pick.  That should tell you all you need to know.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 22, 2012, 02:31:12 AM »
I feel like there is a difference between an NBA All Star and an NBA "star".  The star-power comes with personalities.  I don't see that in this draft.  But there is still talent.

T-Rob is charasmatic, and will become a "star" if he performs like he should.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 22, 2012, 08:32:23 AM »
There is a reason all you hear about with this class is depth.  There are a lot of decent players. Just no stars. Boring.

14 and 10. Meh. I guess he's long and stuff and blocks a lot of shots. Just can't get excited about him. But you're right, he has the potential to be a very good NBA player.

is there something more important when discussing the NBA draft?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 22, 2012, 10:51:24 AM »

is there something more important when discussing the NBA draft?

Usually in a #1 pick you want more than a guy with the potential to become a good player. With the #1 pick you would like an immediate superstar, a franchise type guy. Lebron James, Kevin Durant, Derrick Rose, Blake Griffin. I don't see a guy like that in this draft.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 22, 2012, 10:59:58 AM »
spoke with my nba guy who confirmed that this class is dogshit
emaw

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 22, 2012, 11:34:35 AM »
With the #1 pick you would like an immediate superstar, a franchise type guy. Lebron James, Kevin Durant, Derrick Rose, Blake Griffin. I don't see a guy like that in this draft.

of course you want an immediate superstar.  i want to win the powerball.  guys like kyrie irving, greg oden, andrea bargnani, andrew bogut, and kwame brown get drafted #1 too. 

durant jr's aren't popping into the league every year.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 22, 2012, 12:01:05 PM »
With the #1 pick you would like an immediate superstar, a franchise type guy. Lebron James, Kevin Durant, Derrick Rose, Blake Griffin. I don't see a guy like that in this draft.

of course you want an immediate superstar.  i want to win the powerball.  guys like kyrie irving, greg oden, andrea bargnani, andrew bogut, and kwame brown get drafted #1 too. 

Yeah, about half of the NBA drafts suck. And 2012 is in the suck half.

Offline JKEYS

• Combo-Fan
  • Winner of the 2013 Ed's NCAA Challenge (RESPECT!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 22, 2012, 12:22:28 PM »

Clams, both of the NBA guys I know concur that this class is short on star power and long on "solid NBA career guys".  Both also think the forgeign and mid-major crowd has more upside than most of the big name college stars in this years draft...
Kansas City SEO consulting.

Offline HELLHAMMER

• Katpak'r
  • BO DARVILLE'S STUNT DOUBLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 22, 2012, 12:45:47 PM »
T-Rob will be in Europe or jail in 6 years.
High on Crack, Toting a Machine Gun

Offline goldenticket

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 22, 2012, 05:18:01 PM »
might have been posted already and i missed it but

"The most recent in a long line of talented Texas Longhorns guards, junior shooting guard J’Covan Brown, has declared himself eligible for the 2012 NBA Draft.

One of the country’s most creative scorers, the variety of offensive moves Brown has in his arsenal have caught the eye of NBA scouts and opposing coaches across the country. During the 2011-2012 season, Brown averaged a career-high 20.1 points per game, also adding 3.3 rebounds per game and 3.8 assists per game."

Offline AggieVillain

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 23, 2012, 10:23:35 AM »
Just looked at a 2012 mock draft for the first time. My goodness what a terrible draft class. College basketball is a joke this year.

You're kidding right?  This is one of the deepest draft classes in years.  Jared Sullinger and Terrence Jones would have been top 5 picks last year.

:lol:  this is the weakest draft class in 40+ years.  Get a clue.  For gods sake, T-Rob, who is basically a poor man's Trevor Booker, is projected to be a top 3 pick.  That should tell you all you need to know.

Wait, who is T-Rob? I mean I know alot about CBB as someone ITK, and I don't know who this person is. If he/she is indeed projected to be top 3 in this years draft, then JFC this class is dogshit.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 23, 2012, 10:27:04 AM »

"The most recent in a long line of talented Texas Longhorns guards, junior shooting guard J’Covan Brown, has declared himself eligible for the 2012 NBA Draft.

One of the country’s most creative scorers, the variety of offensive moves Brown has in his arsenal have caught the eye of NBA scouts and opposing coaches across the country. During the 2011-2012 season, Brown averaged a career-high 20.1 points per game, also adding 3.3 rebounds per game and 3.8 assists per game."

This thread blows, because of the shitty draft talk.  But if this dude leaves early and gets drafted then team weak draft will have a resounding victory.  What can Brown do (for your NBA team)?  The answer is, not a damn thing.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 23, 2012, 10:28:17 AM »

This thread blows, because of the shitty draft talk.  But if this dude leaves early and gets drafted then team weak draft will have a resounding victory.  What can Brown do (for your NBA team)?  The answer is, not a damn thing.

He can shoot it.  No guarantees about making them, but he'll shoot it.  I could see him as a SG on a second string for a crappy team

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 23, 2012, 10:32:19 AM »
The world wide leader in sports is reporting Austin Rivers is going pro.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 23, 2012, 10:43:42 AM »

He can shoot it.  No guarantees about making them, but he'll shoot it.  I could see him as a SG on a second string for a crappy team

He's short, slow, and a good shooter not a great one

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 23, 2012, 10:46:25 AM »

He's short, slow, and a good shooter not a great one

Oh I agree, I wouldn't want him.  But I think someone who thinks he can add scoring to a second unit may.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 23, 2012, 03:31:42 PM »
What can Brown do (for your NBA team)?  The answer is, not a damn thing.

LOLOLOL

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 23, 2012, 04:02:17 PM »
Bradley Beal will be a superstar at the next level.  Austin Rivers could be as well.  Then you've got Davis, Robinson, Sullinger, T. Jones, Gilchrist, etc.  This class is absolutely stacked.  Only a moron K-State dork would think otherwise. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 23, 2012, 04:27:23 PM »
Lotta moron dorks round here.

Offline MichiganisGood

• Maize and Blue'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 23, 2012, 06:24:43 PM »
lol this guy is a moron..

Davis/Beal are the only POTENTIAL superstars in the class (unless some foreign studs come in) and Beal has not even announced as of yet..

Rivers, Robinson, Gilchrist, Robinson, Sully, Jones are all the next tier of solid 2nd or 3rd options on NBA teams, at best..

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 23, 2012, 07:01:01 PM »
This Michigan douche has an incredibly low BBIQ.  What is he even doing on this board in the first place?  Sheesh.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 23, 2012, 08:57:58 PM »
Bradley Beal will be a superstar at the next level.  Austin Rivers could be as well.  Then you've got Davis, Robinson, Sullinger, T. Jones, Gilchrist, etc.  This class is absolutely stacked.  Only a moron K-State dork would think otherwise.

i have literally never heard of one of those guys, and i watch sports like a lot.

Offline JKEYS

• Combo-Fan
  • Winner of the 2013 Ed's NCAA Challenge (RESPECT!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 23, 2012, 11:31:08 PM »
Bradley Beal will be a superstar at the next level.  Austin Rivers could be as well.  Then you've got Davis, Robinson, Sullinger, T. Jones, Gilchrist, etc.  This class is absolutely stacked.  Only a moron person employed by an NBA team to scout college players would think otherwise.

Lemme fix that for you beems.  LOL
Kansas City SEO consulting.