Author Topic: Frank watch 2012:  (Read 301649 times)

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Frank watch 2012:
« Reply #1050 on: March 24, 2012, 09:23:25 AM »
currie needs to say, "look, frank.  enough with the bullshit.  don't insult my intelligence.  if you want a raise, come talk to me.  but i'm not going to give you more money just because you put on this stupid charade at the end of every year."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: March 24, 2012, 09:25:21 AM »
currie needs to say, "look, frank.  enough with the bullshit.  don't insult my intelligence.  if you want a raise, come talk to me.  but i'm not going to give you more money just because you put on this stupid charade at the end of every year."

Do you think he's already done this?  I'd love to know.  Then Frank's, like, "I'M SERIOUSLY GOING TO DO IT THIS TIME!" and Currie's, like, "OK, good luck" and then Frank's, like, "I'M NOT EVEN rough ridin' WITH YOU, I'M GONE!" and then "OK, you already said that".....

Offline massofcatfan

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: March 24, 2012, 09:25:25 AM »
So did Currie lie? When I first read his letter, I thought the NCAA was responsible for JamSam's suspension.

Quote:

After working throughout Friday night and Saturday morning, and consulting with the NCAA staff, it was determined that a violation had occurred, thus rendering Jamar ineligible to compete. During the first half we learned that Jamar would not be reinstated. We would have continued the reinstatement effort had we won the game and proceeded to the next round.

This certainly implies it was the NCAA that suspended him -- but wait, "it was determined" does not necessarily mean "the NCAA determined." However, if it was KSU and not NCAA that suspended him, what the heck does "we learned he would not be reinstated" mean?

If NCAA suspended him, we were stuck

If Currie or compliance suspended him, they can just explain they were doing what they determined to be in KSU's best interests

BUT if AD office suspended him, then followed up by issuing a statement saying the NCAA suspended him....or even worse, gave some legalese "I didn't have sexual relations with that woman" statement purposefully designed to mislead people....surely we will be in the market for a new AD regardless of what happens with Frank

That's all pretty obvious, isn't it?

I want to wake up in a city that never sleeps, etc.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: March 24, 2012, 09:27:58 AM »
what in that is a lie?  do you know what a lie is?

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: March 24, 2012, 09:28:24 AM »
Frank might be mad, but he's not going anywhere.  Don't get too worried bros.

All I know is that manutz is not worried and that's good enough for me.  I'm officially on the not worried list...

:ohno: :runaway: :ohno: :runaway: :ohno: :runaway: :ohno: :runaway:
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: March 24, 2012, 09:29:28 AM »
Currie suspended him before the ncaa had time to rule on it.  the ncaa can't do anything in a week.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: March 24, 2012, 09:29:35 AM »

Hey K-State.  LET'S DO THIS!

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: March 24, 2012, 09:30:07 AM »
Frank leaves...Currie will forever be viewed as the bad guy. Forever.
depends on who he hires, winning fixes everything
you're probably correct but this hire will define his career.  Currie is an ambitious guy, he has to of been preparing for this for a long time.  He might have a home run hire in him  :pray:

LMAO at him hiring a coach that will replicate the last 5 years.  don't be ignorant.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: March 24, 2012, 09:30:29 AM »
Currie suspended him before the ncaa had time to rule on it.  the ncaa can't do anything in a week.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: March 24, 2012, 09:30:42 AM »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: March 24, 2012, 09:33:55 AM »

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: March 24, 2012, 09:35:07 AM »
So the last time I checked the boards yesterday evening there were like 26 pages in this thread.  Anything relevant actually happen, or just a bunch of mindless speculation? Cliffs?
:adios:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: March 24, 2012, 09:35:58 AM »
So the last time I checked the boards yesterday evening there were like 26 pages in this thread.  Anything relevant actually happen, or just a bunch of mindless speculation? Cliffs?
:flush:

Offline O-town Kat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: March 24, 2012, 09:37:42 AM »
If all this nicey nice with the ncaa results in goodwill towards getting pearl out of ncaa hell a year early, it's somehow a good move all told.  Pearl's ceiling is higher imo.

Offline kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: March 24, 2012, 09:37:52 AM »

Frank got hired at USC.  Flying to LA today for the presser.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: March 24, 2012, 09:41:07 AM »

If you can't BBS on nights like conference Armageddon or Frank to USC, you have to check your priorities

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: March 24, 2012, 09:42:16 AM »
:flush:

God damnit i'm sorry!  Was too busy getting pak'd and TSCing to read the boards. eff.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: March 24, 2012, 09:45:15 AM »

Do you think he's already done this?  I'd love to know.  Then Frank's, like, "I'M SERIOUSLY GOING TO DO IT THIS TIME!" and Currie's, like, "OK, good luck" and then Frank's, like, "I'M NOT EVEN rough ridin' WITH YOU, I'M GONE!" and then "OK, you already said that".....

"do what you need to do.  you know where to find me if you want to talk."

("do what you need to do" is probably my best power move.)

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: March 24, 2012, 09:47:00 AM »
No way Currie could ever find a coach who could replace Frank.  I mean, have you ever looked at Frank's resume?  Dude is clearly the best we can do so we better hope that Currie caves into his demands this time.  (And next spring and the spring after that and the spring after that...)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: March 24, 2012, 09:50:14 AM »
No way Currie could ever find a coach who could replace Frank.  I mean, have you ever looked at Frank's resume?  Dude is clearly the best we can do so we better hope that Currie caves into his demands this time.  (And next spring and the spring after that and the spring after that...)

Agreed.  The $23M we made this year should be able to cover his escalating salary for at least 6 more years.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: March 24, 2012, 09:52:40 AM »

"do what you need to do.  you know where to find me if you want to talk."

("do what you need to do" is probably my best power move.)

yes, that is a very good one

Offline tuck34

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: March 24, 2012, 10:00:00 AM »
6 years ago who had even heard of frank?
5 years ago who thought he was head coach material (other than to save beasley)?
can catch lightning in a bottle again?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: March 24, 2012, 10:01:21 AM »
If all this nicey nice with the ncaa results in goodwill towards getting pearl out of ncaa hell a year early, it's somehow a good move all told.  Pearl's ceiling is higher imo.

Their major college coaching accomplishments are nearly identical and Pearl had the luxury of coaching against UK when they sucked and the SEC was never as good as the Big 12 was at its worst.  That being said I like Pearl, but there is no evidence that he is a better coach than Frank Martin.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: March 24, 2012, 10:03:28 AM »

Their major college coaching accomplishments are nearly identical and Pearl had the luxury of coaching against UK when they sucked and the SEC was never as good as the Big 12 was at its worst.  That being said I like Pearl, but there is no evidence that he is a better coach than Frank Martin.

But Pearl is under a bigger shadow.  I'd stick w/ Frank between the two.
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: March 24, 2012, 10:27:18 AM »
i swear, it is amazing how little insight into the human mind most of you people seem to have.  do any of you really think that making 2.0 million vs 1.5 million has more impact on your daily happiness than working for someone who, at the very least, likes you enough to hire you vs someone you detest and who detests you?

i'll never judge someone for leaving a job due to a hateful relationship.  or even a mildly uncomfortable one.  and i find the idea that excess money is more important than your relationships with coworkers to be laughable in it's idiocy.

sys, if we're ever living in the same place, we're forging a degree and employment history for you that qualifies you to run the office.  Hell, maybe even to be on BSAC's counsel of attorneys.