Author Topic: Frank watch 2012:  (Read 296163 times)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Frank watch 2012:
« Reply #325 on: March 22, 2012, 02:28:44 PM »

1) stop trying to big time me. you can't.

2) i guess when you emphatically stated that frank is making 1.8 what you really meant to say is that frank could be making close to 1.8 three years from now if he's still at kstate. gotcha. i'm currently typing this from a beach in the caribbean btw. dead serious. also btw, i'm not going to the caribbean until november or december.

I'm not trying to big time you.  It's just happening. 

re the 1.8.  Dax post:

In a month Frank will be paid a $250K bonus just for being at K-State.  (Also don't forget he was paid another $468K bonus just for signing his re-done contract a couple of years ago). 

He's also going to get a $104K bonus for reaching the NCAA tourney, he's going to get a $25K bonus for for K-State's rising APR score, he might get another $50K bonus if men's basketball's GSR is higher than the student body.

you are still are wrong. you just changed the conversation. before we were talking about yearly salary and mandatory bonuses and now we aren't. now we're apparently talking about gsr bonuses and a 468k bonus from signing the contract two years ago. your numbers have been wrong throughout.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 22, 2012, 02:33:12 PM »

I know that we've seen Currie just a few feet from Frank scribbling notes and that's wrong.  There is no circumstance where that is okay.  Every AD evaluates their coaches, I can't recall it being done so publicly, that was wrong.  We also know Currie continues to shadow Frank, he sat at the experts table near Frank on Saturday.  I have been to Women's games and I've never seen Currie sitting near Deb's bench.  I went to a game last year where I was about 4 rows closer to Deb than Currie was.  Of course Frank knows this and of course it pisses him off, as it should.

I can't tell if this post is serious. 

ADs sit at the scorers table - and it's not because the coach is in time out.  It's because they run the f'n place.   

Stop trying so rough ridin' hard to be contrarian.  We all know Lew sat at the damn experts table, and as your photo illustrates he wearing goddamn head phones and not listening to and scribbling notes from/about the head coach.  It is rare to see ADs sitting at the damn scorers table near the head coach.  Even if you didn't believe that I just told you right there in that post you quoted that Currie does NOT watch women's games from the scorers table.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 22, 2012, 02:34:20 PM »
I cannot believe I allowed myself to get sucked into Belvis' vortex.  eff me.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 22, 2012, 02:35:08 PM »
DeLoss Dodds sits at the scorers table.

And I would love to see Currie's notes. would be hilarious if he was just drawing dicks all game.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 22, 2012, 02:35:39 PM »
They're not my numbers.  period.  Dax posted them.  I take them as accurate. 

Base = 1.5.  mandatory bonus = $250K.  Total = 1.75mil + performance based incentives. 

rounded up to 1.8.  sorry.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: March 22, 2012, 02:38:08 PM »

Stop trying so rough ridin' hard to be contrarian.  We all know Lew sat at the damn experts table, and as your photo illustrates he wearing goddamn head phones and not listening to and scribbling notes from/about the head coach.  It is rare to see ADs sitting at the damn scorers table near the head coach.  Even if you didn't believe that I just told you right there in that post you quoted that Currie does NOT watch women's games from the scorers table.

You're the dumb eff who thinks Currie sits at the scorers table to keep an eye on Martin.  I'd be tempted to buy into the conspiracy, but for the fact that ADs routinely sit at the scorer's table. 

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 22, 2012, 02:39:43 PM »
I also love how MiR has come out as a KSU Women's basketball superfan. So cute.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 22, 2012, 02:40:00 PM »
This thread makes me feel stupid and uninformed :(

Some people on here are very good at debating their side.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 22, 2012, 02:44:50 PM »

I've been out about it in many other threads.  I watched the second half of the Princeton/KSU game on Trim's laptop during the first half on Syracuse/KSU.

Also lol at Belvis continuing to reply to my posts on Currie at the scorers table but refusing to acknowledge that Currie doesn't sit there during women's games.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 22, 2012, 02:46:41 PM »

I've been out about it in many other threads.  I watched the second half of the Princeton/KSU game on Trim's laptop during the first half on Syracuse/KSU.

Yeah, I've been noticing it a lot more. This just felt like a nice place to comment. It's just nice that you aren't all about hip hop, thug tattoos, and mean muggin'.

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 22, 2012, 02:46:49 PM »

And I would love to see Currie's notes. would be hilarious if he was just drawing dicks all game.

Can't tell if this whole line of thinking is a joke or not, but in case it isn't ... Currie only sits at the scorer's table on road trips, and and he isn't taking notes. He likes to keep track of +/- during the game, see who is playing well or whatever. Carry on.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 22, 2012, 02:48:12 PM »

Can't tell if this whole line of thinking is a joke or not, but in case it isn't ...

The drawing dicks thing was a joke.

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 22, 2012, 02:49:12 PM »

Can't tell if this whole line of thinking is a joke or not, but in case it isn't ...

Yes, I gathered. Meant more the line of thinking that Currie sits on scorers table and is creating a running performance review of FM during games.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 22, 2012, 02:50:09 PM »

Can't tell if this whole line of thinking is a joke or not, but in case it isn't ... Currie only sits at the scorer's table on road trips, and and he isn't taking notes. He likes to keep track of +/- during the game, see who is playing well or whatever. Carry on.

Well that's worse than dicks?  +/- :lol: what a herb, Jesus now I think even worse than him.  Also why doesn't he want to keep women's stats?  FREE DEB!!!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 02:53:01 PM by MakeItRain »

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 22, 2012, 02:50:39 PM »

He should be putting these notes in his weekly email, imo

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: March 22, 2012, 02:51:48 PM »
My daughter took notes during the syracuse game. she wrote down the ksu score whenever it changed. she got bored when we got stuck to 11 for roughly 30 minutes of real time and played with some dolls or something.

Offline 311Cat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 22, 2012, 02:52:14 PM »
cc...just give us the down low on whats going on and put this all to rest.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 22, 2012, 02:53:09 PM »
I would tweet interesting non-game related observations all game if I sat there.  you would all love the crap out of it. 

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 22, 2012, 02:54:24 PM »
They're not my numbers.  period.  Dax posted them.  I take them as accurate. 

that's your fault then. they are not. you've been wrong about 75% of the stuff you've posted. why not just call it a day.  :dunno:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 22, 2012, 02:55:37 PM »
I would tweet interesting non-game related observations all game if I sat there.  you would all love the crap out of it.

Some schools give bloggers a press pass, apply for one, cc would hook you up.  I mean there is a guy with a press pass tweeting about cheerleaders and commenting on the girth of sideline reporters, why not Steve Dave?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: March 22, 2012, 03:02:51 PM »

Some schools give bloggers a press pass, apply for one, cc would hook you up.  I mean there is a guy with a press pass tweeting about cheerleaders and commenting on the girth of sideline reporters, why not Steve Dave?

gopowercat has like the whole office down there some games. i've honestly thought that we should try to get one for _fan. he's the only one here that A. actually writes for the site and B. wouldn't do anything that would be even potentially embarassing.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: March 22, 2012, 03:09:51 PM »
who would do something that would be MOST embarassing?  I say either Pete or Trim.  Both would be great. 

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: March 22, 2012, 03:12:31 PM »

Yes, I gathered. Meant more the line of thinking that Currie sits on scorers table and is creating a running performance review of FM during games.

would you just post that there's nothing to worry about shut this thing down plz
emaw

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #348 on: March 22, 2012, 03:12:48 PM »
who would do something that would be MOST embarassing?  I say either Pete or Trim.  Both would be great.

I would look forward to that more than the actual games.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: March 22, 2012, 03:13:40 PM »
would be a great way for this site to go out in a blaze of glory when Frank walks