Author Topic: You better have some rough ridin' Pittsburgh recaps, fanning  (Read 2736 times)

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
You better have some rough ridin' Pittsburgh recaps, fanning
« on: March 19, 2012, 11:30:53 AM »
Your public cannot wait!

:excited:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: You better have some rough ridin' Pittsburgh recaps, fanning
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 12:02:00 PM »
Can confirm Fanning reeked of booze at the Pittsburgh airport Sunday morning.   :dunno:
  :thumbs: Will have full details at lunch.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 01:51:02 PM »
FF's:
-Pittsburgh has the 3rd largest St Pattys parade/celebration in the U.S. (Behind Chicago and Boston)

-Three main parts of the city to kick it. South Side (Like bourbon st), Market Square, and the Strip District.

-Primantis is A must eat attraction. Has been featured on the food network several times. Sandwiches are like $6-7 bucks. Has meat, veggies, coleslaw, and fries all topped on top of one another.

-If you want a pennsylvania beer, you have to go with Yuengling. America's oldest brewery.

-Pittsburgh bars would rather play a hockey game over basketball any day of the week. A local walked in and said: "Is this the NIT tournaments or that NCAA thing?"

-Strip District was like a mix of City Market and Westport mixed together. Great little shops, everything was cheap, and some really cool bars along the way.

-All cab drivers listen to NPR Radio. I have no effing clue why?

-JO's mom is a true delight. She use to work for CBS. I asked her about JO's recruiting. She said: "It was between you guys and Rhode Island. I graduated from Marquette, but they didn't sniff him at all. I basically made the choice for him. He wanted RI cause his friends went there, I chose Kstate for him because it has the better education.

Thursday: Got to the arena two minutes before tip off. Did the whole Ch. 41 news thing and than picked up my tickets from Cassidy at will call. Met up with Felix (Who is a cool dude) for a ticket exchange and left off for my seats. The Consol arena is only two years old. Many of the locals didn't want it cause the other arena had been there since 1961. The locals were great. Definitely a midwest feel. My power was out at my hotel thursday night, so I went to a local bar to watch hoops and passed out while texting emawgeddon inappropriate things.

Friday: Hung out at the Strip District all day. Had my sandwich there and talked with many locals at the Beerhive. Some drunk vet started crying and telling me his story from WWII, it was really sad. Some Ohio State guys came up to me and asked me about frank. They bought me some beers and told me to come sit with them. I decided to hit the town with them. Went to some concert and met some nice fillys. :fatty: I headed home around midnight so I could get ready for the game in the morning.

:barf:Saturday: Got downtown by 9am. Had to get up early because of the parade. The Kstate bar was up the street from the arena and this is where I spent most of my day. Met up with Zmoney and had some drinks. He was awesome. Brought the PR flag and the #fatty4ksu sign. We headed to the game and I heard the news.  :cry: Thanks to Cassidy my seats were in the Kstate section. It was then I saw a higher up who works for Kstate and who knows me. I asked him what the hell was going on? He said: "Jamar took money". I said: "wtf, from who?" He said: "He took it for food, I can't tell you anything else." So that's where I came up with "suits". my buddy was wearing a suit and we had no details yet on who gave it to him. After the game I met a nice Kstate filly who had flown in from Olathe (we exchanged numbers). Also, met a Penn Stater who ended up taking me to southside that night to party with some Jersey girls. Those fillys were effing crazy and I loved it. We went back to his condo that night w/ the girls and the rest is history.

PS- When I tweeted the info and posted on here, many of you were pissed. Just wanted to share what I heard. Thought my internet friends deserved to know. Overall, Pitt was a great time. Would do it again in a heartbeat.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 02:52:47 PM by fanningksu »

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 01:55:29 PM »
Pretty good recap. Felt like I was right there plowing fillys with you.  :emawkid:

Offline massofcatfan

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 02:24:54 PM »
I don't pay premium $$$ for this board just so you can tweet things before posting the info here

Also I used to think "exchanging numbers" w/JoCos was a good thing until I realized it meant not only were they not going to call, but also they were now able to block me  :surprised:
I want to wake up in a city that never sleeps, etc.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 02:41:51 PM »
I get it now.

"Jamar took money from the suits" = "Jamar took money" -from the suits, or in non-fanning english, "according to the suits, Jamar took money."

How's your filly-rough ridin' spreadsheet coming along, fanning?  In light of this trip, maybe you should make a map where you can highlight each state from which a fanning'd filly hails from.  You're gonna have to keep your travel game up though to maintain pace with OregonHawk (he's been to Austin).

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2012, 02:46:40 PM »
"from the suits" is sort of ruined now.  i'll take it, though, because that was a fantastic read!  #fanning4goemaw really needs to happen.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2012, 02:47:13 PM »
I get it now.

"Jamar took money from the suits" = "Jamar took money" -from the suits, or in non-fanning english, "according to the suits, Jamar took money."

I didn't want to make it too easy on ya. I was pretty pak'd and I knew nobody had heard anything yet. Just tried to get the news out asap. I should have done better when describing the situation, you're right.

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2012, 03:06:09 PM »
And here I was thinking the FBI had given Jamar some milk money  :flush:

Offline ZmoneyKSU

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2012, 03:13:34 PM »
Excellent recap.

If I wasn't a lame old marry guy, I'd had partied more with ya, Fanning. 

Glad you did Pittsburgh right.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2012, 03:31:33 PM »
Excellent recap.

If I wasn't a lame old marry guy, I'd had partied more with ya, Fanning. 

Glad you did Pittsburgh right.
You're not lame. It was fun paking with you. Thanks for stopping by and bringing the flag and the sign. There's not too many Pittsburgh Pak's, but we held it down.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2012, 03:36:20 PM »
FF's:
-Pittsburgh has the 3rd largest St Pattys parade/celebration in the U.S. (Behind Chicago and Boston)

I am not questioning this number (because if fanning says it, it's true), but how many cities claim this? I have heard it said about KC, and a quick google search shows Savannah, GA and Scranton, PA make similar claims.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2012, 03:42:58 PM »
FF's:

I am not questioning this number (because if fanning says it, it's true), but how many cities claim this? I have heard it said about KC, and a quick google search shows Savannah, GA and Scranton, PA make similar claims.
Ya, I thought the same thing. Who keeps track of this stuff? I will say there was a crap load of people there for the parade alone. A lot of Pitt peeps were claiming this too.  :dunno:

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2012, 04:30:29 PM »
Thanks Fanning.  Can't wait to hear more #fillytales.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2012, 04:35:10 PM »
FF's:

Scranton?  pfffft

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2012, 05:17:08 PM »
FF's:

Scranton?  pfffft

http://www.stpatparade.com/

^LOL @ their rationale.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2012, 05:22:25 PM »
FF's:

Scranton?  pfffft

http://www.stpatparade.com/

^LOL @ their rationale.

:lol:

They got their stats, STRAIGHT.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2022, 11:30:31 PM »
FF's:

-Three main parts of the city to kick it. South Side (Like bourbon st), Market Square, and the Strip District.

-Primantis is A must eat attraction. Has been featured on the food network several times. Sandwiches are like $6-7 bucks. Has meat, veggies, coleslaw, and fries all topped on top of one another.

-If you want a pennsylvania beer, you have to go with Yuengling. America's oldest brewery.

-Pittsburgh bars would rather play a hockey game over basketball any day of the week. A local walked in and said: "Is this the NIT tournaments or that NCAA thing?"

-Strip District was like a mix of City Market and Westport mixed together. Great little shops, everything was cheap, and some really cool bars along the way.

-All cab drivers listen to NPR Radio. I have no effing clue why?

-JO's mom is a true delight. She use to work for CBS. I asked her about JO's recruiting. She said: "It was between you guys and Rhode Island. I graduated from Marquette, but they didn't sniff him at all. I basically made the choice for him. He wanted RI cause his friends went there, I chose Kstate for him because it has the better education.

Thursday: Got to the arena two minutes before tip off. Did the whole Ch. 41 news thing and than picked up my tickets from Cassidy at will call. Met up with Felix (Who is a cool dude) for a ticket exchange and left off for my seats. The Consol arena is only two years old. Many of the locals didn't want it cause the other arena had been there since 1961. The locals were great. Definitely a midwest feel. My power was out at my hotel thursday night, so I went to a local bar to watch hoops and passed out while texting emawgeddon inappropriate things.

Friday: Hung out at the Strip District all day. Had my sandwich there and talked with many locals at the Beerhive. Some drunk vet started crying and telling me his story from WWII, it was really sad. Some Ohio State guys came up to me and asked me about frank. They bought me some beers and told me to come sit with them. I decided to hit the town with them. Went to some concert and met some nice fillys. :fatty: I headed home around midnight so I could get ready for the game in the morning.

:barf:Saturday: Got downtown by 9am. Had to get up early because of the parade. The Kstate bar was up the street from the arena and this is where I spent most of my day. Met up with Zmoney and had some drinks. He was awesome. Brought the PR flag and the #fatty4ksu sign. We headed to the game and I heard the news.  :cry: Thanks to Cassidy my seats were in the Kstate section. It was then I saw a higher up who works for Kstate and who knows me. I asked him what the hell was going on? He said: "Jamar took money". I said: "wtf, from who?" He said: "He took it for food, I can't tell you anything else." So that's where I came up with "suits". my buddy was wearing a suit and we had no details yet on who gave it to him. After the game I met a nice Kstate filly who had flown in from Olathe (we exchanged numbers). Also, met a Penn Stater who ended up taking me to southside that night to party with some Jersey girls. Those fillys were effing crazy and I loved it. We went back to his condo that night w/ the girls and the rest is history.

PS- When I tweeted the info and posted on here, many of you were pissed. Just wanted to share what I heard. Thought my internet friends deserved to know. Overall, Pitt was a great time. Would do it again in a heartbeat.
My buddy texted me tonight about going to Morgantown this year and he has a hotel already setup in Pitt for the game. I tried to find the old news clip for him (of my shenanigans there), but I came across this instead. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did. We’re back, baby!

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2022, 08:38:05 AM »
3rd largest st patty's parade made me irl lol

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2022, 08:48:59 AM »
 :D

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2022, 08:49:04 AM »
I wonder how many cities makes urban legend claims like this. I'd always heard something similar about Kansas City's.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2022, 08:51:57 AM »
I wonder how many cities makes urban legend claims like this. I'd always heard something similar about Kansas City's.

it has to be every single city in the midwest

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2022, 08:58:50 AM »

KC's tries to brag about it being (# biggest) on actual ST Pats versus some of these cities who bail out and do it on Saturdays like rookies.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2022, 09:00:45 AM »

:ROFL:

The third largest Saint Patrick's Day parade in the nation takes place each March 17th in downtown Kansas City, Missouri, a city built largely by Irish immigrants.
http://memory.loc.gov/diglib/legacies/loc.afc.afc-legacies.200003204/