Author Topic: Encouraging Words (for the team)  (Read 3609 times)

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Encouraging Words (for the team)
« on: March 11, 2010, 11:31:59 AM »
Dom - Women find you extrem. attractive.  You have ridic. muscles and athletic ability.  Combine that with a great effort and there is no end to what you can do on the basketball court.  Also, remember when you made those 3's?!

Jam - Your smile can light up a dark room.  Also you can dunk a basketball.  Most people would kill for just 1 of those things.  You have both.  Remember the Texas game?!

Plz use this thread to give our team a few words of encouragement before the big game tonight.  I chose Dom and Jam because they seem to be a little down right now.  But I'm sure all of our players would appreciate a kind word.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline BostonPancake

• Katpak'r
  • I'm all about the T in TSC.
    • View Profile
Re: Encouraging Words (for the team)
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 11:34:39 AM »
To the the entire team:

Quit rough ridin' up.  If you find that you are rough ridin' up repeatedly, sub yourself out and let someone else try to not eff up.

Oh, and have fun!

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 11:40:29 AM »
Energy, you have a ton of energy.

Offline Jmo

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 11:47:32 AM »
'Grudes, my wife says you're adorable.  Now that you don't have to worry about your looks, go drain some threes and throw down some more two handed dunks.   :kstatriot:

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 12:04:30 PM »
Dom - Women find you extrem. attractive.  You have ridic. muscles and athletic ability.  Combine that with a great effort and there is no end to what you can do on the basketball court.  Also, remember when you made those 3's?!

Jam - Your smile can light up a dark room.  Also you can dunk a basketball.  Most people would kill for just 1 of those things.  You have both.  Remember the Texas game?!

Plz use this thread to give our team a few words of encouragement before the big game tonight.  I chose Dom and Jam because they seem to be a little down right now.  But I'm sure all of our players would appreciate a kind word.

Please try this more Jam.  Your attempts at reverse and MJ style layups make me  :curse:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 12:10:22 PM »
Denis - I love it when you play really fast, shoot transition 3s, and put up 12 foot runners.  Keep doing it!

Jake - I want to see at least 3 made 25+ footers tonight, b/c I know you can make 'em.

Dom - 2 or 3 transition dunks is fine, otherwise just hold Anderson to 20 or so.

JamSam - Just use the "back them down to 4 feet and score over them" post move.

Kelly - Keep attacking off the dribble, but don't forget you aren't a guard.

Lou - Pass and defend.  And if you feel like you've been in the game more than 2-3 minutes in one stretch, ask to be taken out.

Wally - 5-6 minutes of energy, a couple dunks, a couple most moves.  That's it.

McGrud - You can shoot and make 3s with a few dunks and trash rebounds mixed it. 

Irving - You'll get some minutes, just hit that open 3. 

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2010, 12:12:14 PM »
Team: "You will more than likely die if you don't win"

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2010, 12:21:02 PM »
Jake - T Ford said he hates chicago, beards, and ipods

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2010, 12:22:12 PM »

And Nike shoes.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2010, 12:24:00 PM »
Denis-

Que es tu baloncesto tu tesoro, que es tu dios la libertad, tu ley, la rapideza como el viento, tu única patria, la manzanita.

Pues, que jueges como un guerrero gitano, que corras a las millas de chaflán y pongas muchos tres de trancision esta noche mientras grites "Acángana, Keiton Paige!" y "Arranca en faz, Senor James Anderson!" y "Bregaste Chicky Starr, Pilgrim!" y tambien a ese pendejo Pilgrim que "Eres el hijo de un lechero caco puñeteando y más fea que una mordia de un puerco! Y tu tio corre bicicleta sin sillin!"
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2010, 12:24:51 PM »
Denis-

Que es tu baloncesto tu tesoro, que es tu dios la libertad, tu ley, la rapideza como el viento, tu única patria, la manzanita.

Pues, que jueges como un guerrero gitano, que corras a las millas de chaflán y pongas muchos tres de trancision esta noche mientras grites "Acángana, Keiton Paige!" y "Arranca en faz, Senor James Anderson!" y "Bregaste Chicky Starr, Pilgrim!" y tambien a ese pendejo Pilgrim que "Eres el hijo de un lechero caco puñeteando y más fea que una mordia de un puerco! Y tu tio corre bicicleta sin sillin!"

:dunno: :cheers:

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2010, 12:33:35 PM »
Denis-

What is your basketball your treasure is, that freedom is your god, your law, such as wind speed, your only home, the manzanita.   :dunno:

Offline 1/64th

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2010, 12:40:30 PM »

And Nike shoes.

beat me to it.   :curse:

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2010, 12:46:04 PM »
Wally here are some comments under a youtube video of you doing your patented slam-dunk shots:

"holy crap he is about to be doing damage!!!?"

"wally dunk slicker than eel crap!!"

"!!!!!!!!!!!"

Believe in yourself.  Youtube does.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 12:57:40 PM by _33 »

Offline Pexikan

• Combo-Fan
  • Junkyard Gato
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2010, 12:54:08 PM »
Denis-

What is your basketball your treasure is, that freedom is your god, your law, such as wind speed, your only home, the manzanita.   :dunno:

Awesome.  "Your uncle rides a bicycle without a saddle!"

Offline bradleigh

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2010, 01:11:52 PM »
Denis-

What is your basketball your treasure is, that freedom is your god, your law, such as wind speed, your only home, the manzanita.

Well, you play as a warrior, gypsy, you run the mile corner and put many trancision three-night shouting "Acángana, Keiton Paige!" and "Start in face, Mr James Anderson!" and "scramble Chicky Starr, Pilgrim!" and also to that jerk Pilgrim that "You are the son of a milkman and uglier caco heck that biting a pig!" And your uncle runs a bike without saddle!

Well put.
2/8/11 - Never Forget

Offline AlwaysEMAW

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2010, 01:25:36 PM »
Kelly - Keep attacking off the dribble, but don't forget you aren't a guard.

Can we change this to "Keep attacking off the dribble if you're at least as close as the free throw line, otherwise pass it, get closer and try again."?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2010, 01:27:22 PM »
Vic, you look great where you have been.  Why change?

Offline Pexikan

• Combo-Fan
  • Junkyard Gato
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2010, 01:55:22 PM »
To team: "All of you go out there and find ways to put the ball in the basket.  Score a bunch of points and win this game!"

To Lou Colon: "Don't even fracking THINK about shooting!"

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2010, 01:57:23 PM »
this thread started about as awesomely as a thread can, and then went about as far downhill as a thread possibly can.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2010, 01:57:38 PM »
To team: "All of you go out there and find ways to put the ball in the basket.  Score a bunch of points and win this game!"

To Lou Colon: "Don't even fracking THINK about shooting touching the ball!"

FYP
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline ksu_FANw

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2010, 02:24:37 PM »
Denis-

:love:
Very happy to see  h19centuryspanishpoetryiq mixed with relevant shots across Clemente's bow. Plus with all his pirate tendencies he's sure to love it.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2010, 02:33:25 PM »
Denis-

:love:
Very happy to see  h19centuryspanishpoetryiq mixed with relevant shots across Clemente's bow. Plus with all his pirate tendencies he's sure to love it.

A tip of the cap for noticing that, too (rarely get a chance to reference any Espronceda these days)
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

The42Yardstick

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2010, 02:34:55 PM »
You gotta be players...competers

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2010, 02:36:29 PM »
Don't Lose