Author Topic: KSU Cat Michael Beasley to Lakers? (nope phoenix) (oh wait yep, lakers!!!)  (Read 166066 times)

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
Re: KSU Cat Michael Beasley to Lakers? (nope phoenix)
« Reply #200 on: July 02, 2013, 04:06:45 PM »
Interesting fact about Wilt Chamberlain:

Although talented, he was not properly prepared to be an NBA player after he left KU, so he went "Barnstorming" with the Globetrotters for a few years to unlearn his bad habits.

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 02, 2013, 04:22:12 PM »
Wilt would be the best center in the NBA if he played today.  There are teams doing back flips to try to get Greg Oden, a guy who hasn't played since 2009.  You're a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) if you think a 7'2 center who put up 100 points and 50 rebounds in a game wouldn't play today.

And you're a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) if you think he would have any chance whatsoever at putting up those numbers today.  As for would he be the best center in the NBA if he played today, that's equally stupid because there is no way even begin to measure that. 

Maybe his body couldn't take the bumping and bruising of today's basketball.  Maybe his frame couldn't support the muscle mass needed to go against players like Shaq, Howard and Bynum.  Maybe he'd be a huge pussy who's afraid of contact with players his own size like Pau Gasol.   :dunno:
@lopakman

Offline TheFormerKCCat

• DoD/Early 90s Era EMAWr
  • Combo-Fan
  • Loyal to a fault
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 02, 2013, 05:01:10 PM »
Did Bob Whogivesashit score 100 points and take over 2000 women to Pound Town?  No.  Only a 'tater would put Bob and Wilt in the same category.
Now wait just a second there, Mr. Smock Hawk. Bob Boozer was a great college player AND had a decent NBA career. I agree with the previous poster who said Boozer is scholarship worthy for the current 'Cats. No one ever said he slept with a lot of women. I thought this was the basketball board?
I'm in it purely for the entertainment value.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 02, 2013, 05:05:03 PM »
Did Bob Whogivesashit score 100 points and take over 2000 women to Pound Town?  No.  Only a 'tater would put Bob and Wilt in the same category.
Now wait just a second there, Mr. Smock Hawk. Bob Boozer was a great college player AND had a decent NBA career. I agree with the previous poster who said Boozer is scholarship worthy for the current 'Cats. No one ever said he slept with a lot of women. I thought this was the basketball board?
Bob's shooting ability transfers really well todays game. Bob's basketball skills were ahead of its time, Wilts body was ahead of its time. In the long run skill > body. 

Offline timhawk

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 02, 2013, 05:21:26 PM »
Wilt would be the best center in the NBA if he played today.  There are teams doing back flips to try to get Greg Oden, a guy who hasn't played since 2009.  You're a respect if you think a 7'2 center who put up 100 points and 50 rebounds in a game wouldn't play today.

And you're a respect if you think he would have any chance whatsoever at putting up those numbers today.  As for would he be the best center in the NBA if he played today, that's equally stupid because there is no way even begin to measure that. 

Maybe his body couldn't take the bumping and bruising of today's basketball.  Maybe his frame couldn't support the muscle mass needed to go against players like Shaq, Howard and Bynum.  Maybe he'd be a huge pussy who's afraid of contact with players his own size like Pau Gasol.   :dunno:

wilt when he entered the nba rookie season: 7'1" 250lbs. By the time he played for the lakers he was over 300lbs. what's even more crazy is that one year he even lead the league in assists....think about that. a center leading the league in assists....astounding!!!
everyone is jealous

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 02, 2013, 07:03:52 PM »
Wilt would be the best center in the NBA if he played today.  There are teams doing back flips to try to get Greg Oden, a guy who hasn't played since 2009.  You're a respect if you think a 7'2 center who put up 100 points and 50 rebounds in a game wouldn't play today.

And you're a respect if you think he would have any chance whatsoever at putting up those numbers today.  As for would he be the best center in the NBA if he played today, that's equally stupid because there is no way even begin to measure that. 

wilt when he entered the nba rookie season: 7'1" 250lbs. By the time he played for the lakers he was over 300lbs. what's even more crazy is that one year he even lead the league in assists....think about that. a center leading the league in assists....astounding!!!

Again, not relevant to today's game because would never happen.  Also, beems said he was 7'2'  Who's lying, him or you?
@lopakman

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 02, 2013, 07:05:14 PM »

Although talented, he was not properly prepared to be an NBA player after he left KU, so he went "Barnstorming" with the Globetrotters for a few years to unlearn his bad habits.

So this is an institutional issue and not just Bill being a selfish monster?

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 02, 2013, 10:27:08 PM »

So this is an institutional issue and not just Bill being a selfish monster?

Hard to say, Larry and Roy got their guys ready to get paid.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 03, 2013, 02:27:33 PM »
:(

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 03, 2013, 02:50:11 PM »
What do Michael Beasley and Turner Gill have in common?  Both paid $6M to GTFO. http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9630821/michael-beasley-released-phoenix-suns-sources-say

Never feel bad for somebodies that make as much money as they do.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: September 03, 2013, 03:07:35 PM »
'grats beems

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 03, 2013, 03:13:20 PM »
(nope waived) :frown:

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 03, 2013, 03:55:47 PM »
so does anyone pick him up? lakers? does he go to europe?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 03, 2013, 04:00:36 PM »
We should see if Mike wants to be the head coach at Kansas State.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 03, 2013, 04:33:29 PM »
LOL at KSTATEO losers mad that Beasley doesn't live up to their standards of somebody they can have vicarious success through.  Achieve something yourselves, or maybe just stop giving a crap about whether you have somebody to talk back about to your squawk cubicle-mate when they talk NBA.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 03, 2013, 04:44:46 PM »
LOL at KSTATEO losers mad that Beasley doesn't live up to their standards of somebody they can have vicarious success through.  Achieve something yourselves, or maybe just stop giving a crap about whether you have somebody to talk back about to your squawk cubicle-mate when they talk NBA.

I had no idea The Iron Sheik was a 'tater  :surprised:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 03, 2013, 04:48:19 PM »

I had no idea The Iron Sheik was a 'tater  :surprised:

He wishes.  :kstategrad:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 03, 2013, 08:21:36 PM »

Is this one an inside joke too?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 03, 2013, 10:14:43 PM »

Is this one an inside joke too?

Yeah, but with "inside" covering a pretty big range.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 04, 2013, 12:00:25 AM »
Beas is a hugely talented player. I like him. He's made some bad choices and decisions. Here's hoping he rebounds from his release, learns from it, and goes on to much success. (Michael...ditch the weed. Find another more constructive outlet.)

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 04, 2013, 04:24:00 AM »
It has to be really embarrassing to be exposed as the only NBA player that smokes weed. :sad:
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 04, 2013, 09:04:45 AM »
Imo, pro athletes should be encouraged to smoke weed.  I mean, can you think of a more effective yet less destructive outlet from their stress?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 04, 2013, 09:11:48 AM »
I talked to a former D1 player at Kona on Monday. He had some success in this day and the subject of playing while high came up. I said how can that possibly help you and he said the game slows down for you and you have a greater chance to be zoned in. I'm team #smokealldayifitsforgreaterplay

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 04, 2013, 09:13:38 AM »
Brandon Rush used to play high all the time.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 04, 2013, 09:40:06 AM »
Pretty sure LeBron James plays while high on marijuana
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.