Author Topic: Leon Panetta  (Read 4453 times)

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Leon Panetta
« on: March 09, 2012, 12:48:20 AM »
“This represents absolute 100 per cent proof that the military industrial complex which runs the United States is under the control of foreign central banks who are imposing a military dictatorship.”

http://www.infowars.com/pentagon-launches-desperate-damage-control-over-shocking-panetta-testimony/

If anybody agrees with this. Please, take a shotgun and shoot yourself in the rough ridin' head.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON? What happened to the constitution? What happened to the United States of America?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
EMAW

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
Re: Leon Panetta
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 01:01:47 AM »
First step towards becoming President of the New World Order. 

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 02:26:46 AM »
you people who support Alex Jones are rough ridin' idiots.

Also if you want to learn about the history of the country and the use of force you should read about the Barbary Wars and President Jefferson's decision to use force.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 02:43:57 AM »

Also if you want to learn about the history of the country and the use of force you should read about the Barbary Wars and President Jefferson's decision to use force.
Take that shotgun, put it in your mouth...and pull the trigger you Un-American piece of shizit. I do not endorse Alex Jones. I think the information that he provides is more authentic than any other news organization.
EMAW

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 02:58:28 AM »

Take that shotgun, put it in your mouth...and pull the trigger you Un-American piece of shizit. I do not endorse Alex Jones. I think the information that he provides is more authentic than any other news organization.
interesting that you immediately advocate shotgun use.

The information you just ate up is so absurd its not even funny.  The problem is that Sessions is a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) from Alabama who ignored 90% of what LP was saying.  Of course if we are going to work within an international committee such as the UN or NATO we would need to work through their bodies to act under their purview.  Now, Sessions, completely ignores the frame work of the question in order to promote his absurdity.   Secondarily he completely ignores the power of the US presidency to act without congressional approval.  The truth is that the President acting without congressional approval has been going on well before Vietnam. 
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2012, 03:16:09 AM »

The information you just ate up is so absurd its not even funny.  The problem is that Sessions is a respect from Alabama who ignored 90% of what LP was saying.  Of course if we are going to work within an international committee such as the UN or NATO we would need to work through their bodies to act under their purview.  Now, Sessions, completely ignores the frame work of the question in order to promote his absurdity.   Secondarily he completely ignores the power of the US presidency to act without congressional approval.  The truth is that the President acting without congressional approval has been going on well before Vietnam.
I’m really baffled by the idea that somehow an international assembly provides a legal basis for the United States military to be deployed in combat,” “I don’t believe it’s close to being correct. They provide no legal authority. The only legal authority that’s required to deploy the United States military is of the Congress and the president and the law and the Constitution.” - You disagree with this? If so, wow.
EMAW

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2012, 03:21:48 AM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Constitution

The Constitution of the United States is the supreme law of the United States of America. Period.

Read that and tell me where it says that an International Group such as NATO has the right to use our military. IT DOESNT.
EMAW

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2012, 08:33:42 AM »
“This represents absolute 100 per cent proof that the military industrial complex which runs the United States is under the control of foreign central banks who are imposing a military dictatorship.”

http://www.infowars.com/pentagon-launches-desperate-damage-control-over-shocking-panetta-testimony/

If anybody agrees with this. Please, take a shotgun and shoot yourself in the rough ridin' head.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON? What happened to the constitution? What happened to the United States of America?

I haven't been following this. Is this real or satire?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2012, 09:19:51 AM »
 :confused:

the most concerning aspect is that i am really not sure.

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2012, 10:58:22 AM »
the only thing that is even remotely true is that our military is an extremely profitable business.

...but the U.S. is still calling the shots for where the money is spent and who we bomb.....so, no harm done, right? MBMW.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2012, 11:49:25 AM »

The information you just ate up is so absurd its not even funny.  The problem is that Sessions is a respect from Alabama who ignored 90% of what LP was saying.  Of course if we are going to work within an international committee such as the UN or NATO we would need to work through their bodies to act under their purview.  Now, Sessions, completely ignores the frame work of the question in order to promote his absurdity.   Secondarily he completely ignores the power of the US presidency to act without congressional approval.  The truth is that the President acting without congressional approval has been going on well before Vietnam.
I’m really baffled by the idea that somehow an international assembly provides a legal basis for the United States military to be deployed in combat,” “I don’t believe it’s close to being correct. They provide no legal authority. The only legal authority that’s required to deploy the United States military is of the Congress and the president and the law and the Constitution.” - You disagree with this? If so, wow.
Already answered your question before you asked it.  If you are going to work within the framework of an international body like they UN or NATO than, yes you would need to work through their organs to make it "legal". 

Now I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the US is not the soul arbiter of international law.  No whether or not we give fucks about international law is a completely different story. 

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2012, 01:13:54 PM »
Sessions bent is that we should do whatever we want, whenever we want to do it . . . unilateral action.

Panetta's bent is that they'll decide what to do with a select group of NATO partners, and then come back and tell Congress about it after the bombing starts.   Which I might add, had any non liberal democrat administration done, the fake peace movement would immedately head to the street corners and march on Washington. 

It is a valid statement that this has been going on since Vietnam (if not before actually), and in many circumstances its Democratic presidents doing it.   LBJ and the fake Gulf of Tonkin incident,  Clinton and the absurd intervention and subsequent "Balkanization" in Eastern Europe, Libya, and soon Syria.

But as I said in another thread, Hillary loves war.
I agree with like 78% of your post and the theory behind it.

You are dead wrong about Gulf of Tonkin incident....or were you.....after all there were two incidents, one real and one fake. 

Secondarily the US presidency has been battling with congress about the use of arms since before we a "country" (1787), especially when it revolves around trade issues effecting international diplomacy. If you ever want to confuse libtards who bitch about defending trade with military arms tell them about the Barbary Pirates. 

I would also like to know what the unedited piece looks like.  Its funny to see the froth form at the mouth of these retards on the youtube comments. 

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2012, 02:07:08 PM »

Already answered your question before you asked it.  If you are going to work within the framework of an international body like they UN or NATO than, yes you would need to work through their organs to make it "legal". 

Now I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the US is not the soul arbiter of international law.  No whether or not we give fucks about international law is a completely different story.
Read the Constitution and tell me where it says NATO, and any other Foreign "power" has the right to use our military. Then come talk to me.
EMAW

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2012, 02:11:54 PM »

Very real. And i cant belive people on this board who claim to be a citizens of the United States actually agree with this. Its disturbing truthfully.
EMAW

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2012, 04:54:13 PM »
alex jones........

:lol:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2012, 04:55:46 PM »
Every time this pops up in my unread topics, I think (and hope) it's a Leon Patton thread.

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2012, 04:57:30 PM »
alex jones........

:lol:
First they laugh at you.
EMAW

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2012, 06:10:45 PM »

Very real. And i cant belive people on this board who claim to be a citizens of the United States actually agree with this. Its disturbing truthfully.
you're an idiot who has the reading comprehension of most Alex Jones supporters, thus you are not qualified to speak in reference to the Constitution.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
Leon Panetta
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2012, 07:46:44 PM »
This thread is pure gold.

Stay Golden.

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2012, 05:30:52 PM »

you're an idiot who has the reading comprehension of most Alex Jones supporters, thus you are not qualified to speak in reference to the Constitution.
Your not worth the time to argue with. Obviously your the one who doesnt understand the constitution. Jesus F*cking Christ.
EMAW

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2012, 10:28:27 PM »

Your not worth the time to argue with. Obviously your the one who doesnt understand the constitution. Jesus F*cking Christ.
I'm going to do this in bullet points since you obviously can't understand the sentences you have 'read'. 

If you want to use the military who has the right?....the president
If you want to start a war who has the right?......the congress

If you want to work within the frame work of the UN to legitimize and action who do you work through?.....the UN
If you want to work within the frame work of international law who do you work through?........The ICC, UN, even NATO

Its like you don't understand what the UN is, how it works, who set it up, and what the responsibilities of the US that we have obliged ourselves to.

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2012, 12:40:20 AM »
Let’s just be real about a few things.  The “international coalition” model for justifying armed conflict around the globe has brought us here.  Spineless twits feeling the need to justify or legitimize US action is the reason we’re having this discussion.  The idea that two or three nations joining our side somehow makes a mission acceptable, just, or legitimate is why Panetta could feel so comfortably saying that his analysis would have been acceptable even under Republican administrations.

What Senator Sessions was (albeit slowly and painfully) getting to here was the fact that Congress has seemingly been taken out of the equation for “going to war”; and folks like Panetta and those that share his view are now taking the next step by ignoring altogether the Constitution as a rational basis for said action.  Perhaps, because said action wouldn’t pass constitutional muster?

We will save the War Powers Act discussion for another day.  I will, however, say that I’m certain Congressman Paul will be all over this.  Frankly, it’s one of the few areas where I believe he and I are close to being on the same page.  While I wholeheartedly support, under the WPA, the President’s right as Commander-in-Chief to take action for a limited time without Congressional approval; police actions, quasi-wars, and war-wars that go on for years without action from the Legislative Branch are completely unacceptable.  Secretary Panetta apparently disagrees.

this guy said it best ^^
EMAW

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2012, 03:38:53 AM »
Let’s just be real about a few things.  The “international coalition” model for justifying armed conflict around the globe has brought us here.  Spineless twits feeling the need to justify or legitimize US action is the reason we’re having this discussion.  The idea that two or three nations joining our side somehow makes a mission acceptable, just, or legitimate is why Panetta could feel so comfortably saying that his analysis would have been acceptable even under Republican administrations.

What Senator Sessions was (albeit slowly and painfully) getting to here was the fact that Congress has seemingly been taken out of the equation for “going to war”; and folks like Panetta and those that share his view are now taking the next step by ignoring altogether the Constitution as a rational basis for said action.  Perhaps, because said action wouldn’t pass constitutional muster?

We will save the War Powers Act discussion for another day.  I will, however, say that I’m certain Congressman Paul will be all over this.  Frankly, it’s one of the few areas where I believe he and I are close to being on the same page.  While I wholeheartedly support, under the WPA, the President’s right as Commander-in-Chief to take action for a limited time without Congressional approval; police actions, quasi-wars, and war-wars that go on for years without action from the Legislative Branch are completely unacceptable.  Secretary Panetta apparently disagrees.

this guy said it best ^^
civil, ok

Here is the fundamental problem people flat out ignore.  The debate about use of force is not in anyway shape or form a new revelation in US domestic politics or in the evolution of international law.  The two examples I will use are the actions against the Barbary pirates in the late 1700s and early 1800s, the US Civil War, and World War 1.
Now with the Barbary pirates were a loose conglomeration of pirates employed by nations of north Africa to harass shipping in and around the Mediterranean and West Africa.  Piracy and tribute were their national incomes.  They were powerful enough that the US, UK, and France could not marginalize them.  Many European nations chose to appease them with tribute so they would stop attacking trade.  The US couldn't afford to pay the tribute due to taxation issues and production issues.  The only real course the US had was to build a fleet almost specifically for protecting trade.  (another reason why I chuckle at the people who bitch about the Mil. Indst. Complex)  The debate about the building and use of the fleet was very heated in the Jefferson Presidency.  People even called for Jefferson's impeachment because he did not consult congress for a declaration of war. 

One of the biggest reason why the US was drawn into the First World War was the use of unrestricted submarine warfare.  The Germans were engaging in illegal warfare by many accounts.  With the sinking of the Lusitania the US acted because of the violation of attacking a "civilian" ship that supposedly did not have war contraband.  The use of this international norm was not new.  The Germans had stopped their use of unrestricted submarine warfare because the US had complained so much.  It wasn't until the war turned desperate that the Germans acted so harshly to strangle trade to Britain.

Another example of the US employing international law in warfare is the US civil war.  Due to the international community viewing the war as a rebellion in progress instead of belligerent nations that prohibited various types of European trade into the South.  Even though a few smugglers acted, most Brits and French boats refused to run the blockade of Southern ports and respected the US use of international law. 

Why do I point to these 3 examples?  All show the willingness of the US to use international law and custom to use its military in various forms.  The use of international law as a justification is NOT a new occurrence under a globalist agenda.  To say otherwise shows a complete and absurd lack of historical knowledge.  Perspective is lost in many of these debates.  The US should act within the frame work of the UN when convenient to our uses.  Working within frame works and organs of international law provides legitimacy to act, shares the burden to others, and at the heart of the matter, a legitimate action is not one that can be questioned or retaliated against later.  If an action is sanctioned by the community it prevents the community from later acting against the original actor. 

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2012, 09:36:01 PM »
globalism
EMAW

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2012, 11:45:17 PM »