Author Topic: Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats  (Read 327550 times)

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
Re: Fitness Questions!
« Reply #425 on: May 01, 2013, 03:30:02 PM »
i've been hitting the treadmill about 3 times a week for an hour.  when will i start noticing 6-pack abs and stuff?

Native Oklahoman or transplant?

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: May 01, 2013, 03:31:15 PM »
i mean, bro, if you read any of my posts you'd know i'm from garden city.   :blank:

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: May 01, 2013, 03:33:29 PM »
Seems like michigancat is in no danger of having a baller physique.  Nothing like working up a huge sweat from a long ass streching sesh.  Added benefit: body control!  He can control his body into the form of a pud at will.  All the better to ride his bike somewhere. I heard if you do it while holding a big pink moustache you burn more calories.  A deeper burn.  :lol:
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Willesgirl

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: May 01, 2013, 04:03:21 PM »
Why does High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) suck so much? Like, I never get any better at it, and it's not fun at all.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: May 01, 2013, 04:04:49 PM »
my last 2 new years resolutions has been to slam dunk a basketball. I'm really going to rough ridin' do it this time.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: May 01, 2013, 04:17:39 PM »
my last 2 new years resolutions has been to slam dunk a basketball. I'm really going to rough ridin' do it this time.

I will be dunking again by my bday (7/4). 38th birthday.  Last dunked at 34.  Been really hitting it in the gym since early Jan.  Up to 30" platform jumps, lunges, squats, deadlifts, core... etc... 

I'll be a 6'4" 240lb 38 year old dunking machine.  Nobody wants to meet me at the Ernie Barrett statue.  :comehere:   
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: May 01, 2013, 04:19:34 PM »
but seriously, about treadmills....is that a pretty decent way of building endurance and weight loss/toning?  or do you only lose for a while and then hit a wall?

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: May 01, 2013, 04:21:06 PM »

I will be dunking again by my bday (7/4). 38th birthday.  Last dunked at 34.  Been really hitting it in the gym since early Jan.  Up to 30" platform jumps, lunges, squats, deadlifts, core... etc... 

I'll be a 6'4" 240lb 38 year old dunking machine.  Nobody wants to meet me at the Ernie Barrett statue.  :comehere:

you're that big and can dunk and were worried about a guy beating your ass a couple years ago? how big was he?

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: May 01, 2013, 04:26:00 PM »
but seriously, about treadmills....is that a pretty decent way of building endurance and weight loss/toning?  or do you only lose for a while and then hit a wall?

sounds like youre doing just fine. run outside when you can, its better for you.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: May 01, 2013, 04:26:36 PM »

sounds like youre doing just fine. run outside when you can, its better for you.

Just place treadmill under your carport. 

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: May 01, 2013, 04:34:43 PM »
i like the treadmill because i can watch tv. 

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: May 01, 2013, 04:36:38 PM »
i like the treadmill because i can watch tv.

AT&T Uverse with wifi TV under carport. 

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: May 01, 2013, 04:51:29 PM »
yoga is absolutely amazing. I feel better coming out of there then I do going in.
We should all post whatever workouts we've done for the day in here. DON'T be afraid to be super judgey!

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: May 01, 2013, 04:56:41 PM »

Bigger than me, younger than me, and hits really... really hard.  I wouldn't have posted about it were it someone like Ben Ji. haha.
you're that big and can dunk and were worried about a guy beating your ass a couple years ago? how big was he?
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: May 01, 2013, 04:57:58 PM »
yoga is absolutely amazing. I feel better coming out of there then I do going in.
We should all post whatever workouts we've done for the day in here. DON'T be afraid to be super judgey!

I played basketball for about an hour and a half. I had to guard mostly taller people, so I mostly hit jumpers and stayed out of the lane. Great workout. Also agree on everyone should be judgey and how great yoga is.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: May 01, 2013, 05:06:01 PM »
I began interval running regularly and a daily or at the least 3 Times a week push up regimen with some men's health workouts in february and have had great results.   For add work outers like me men's health has some great routines

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: May 01, 2013, 05:12:57 PM »
I think cycling is the dumbest workout. Buy a car with a dumb rack so you can strap your dumb bike to it and drive to some dumb mountain to wear a dumb-looking suit with ads on it and dumb shoes that go clop clop clop so you can risk life and limb to ride up some dumb mountain and work out a grand total of one dumb muscle group. FUN! :flush:

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: May 01, 2013, 05:20:11 PM »

You will keep losing weight.  Use the incline function.  But also stop eating so much, fat face. 

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: May 01, 2013, 05:55:58 PM »
I think cycling is the dumbest workout. Buy a car with a dumb rack so you can strap your dumb bike to it and drive to some dumb mountain to wear a dumb-looking suit with ads on it and dumb shoes that go clop clop clop so you can risk life and limb to ride up some dumb mountain and work out a grand total of one dumb muscle group. FUN! :flush:

You can ride a bike for exercise without being that guy.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: May 01, 2013, 05:58:14 PM »

You can ride a bike for exercise without being that guy.

It's a really shitty way to exercise even if you are that guy.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: May 01, 2013, 05:59:01 PM »
have to agree with mich here. its a pretty crummy way to get exercise and you look like a douche.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: May 01, 2013, 06:06:47 PM »
Riding a bike is good exercise. What don't you understand? You don't have to look like a douche while doing it.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: May 01, 2013, 06:06:55 PM »
yesterday
1000m row
24 burpees
24 wall-balls 20#
24 snatches 95#
24 T2B
24 push press 95#
24 front squat 95#
min rest between each exercise
also 8x2 power cleans and jerks(2) yday.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: May 01, 2013, 06:14:08 PM »
Up to 30" platform jumps
should do these with weight vests on.. wooo buddy.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: May 01, 2013, 06:16:12 PM »
Quote from:  biking/cheating tards livestrong
When performed at approximately the same speeds, running burns about twice as many calories as cycling. If your main concern is getting the most out of your workout in terms of calories burned, running is your best choice.
[\quote]

aka biking sucks and makes you look like a douche.