Author Topic: Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats  (Read 327587 times)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: Fitness Questions!
« Reply #400 on: January 17, 2013, 02:36:03 PM »
Really working on getting into shape you guys!  Started working out every day again last week.  Hardest part so far has been drinking whiskey or vodka waters instead of beers and whiskey cokes (cause god knows I'm not gonna quit binging, no one likes quitters) .  Pretty much only eating meat, veggies and fruits in smaller portions than I would like.  Trying to drop 10-15 lbs in the next month and get ready for rugby season.   :excited:
:adios:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: January 17, 2013, 02:42:10 PM »
Really working on getting into shape you guys!  Started working out every day again last week.  Hardest part so far has been drinking whiskey or vodka waters instead of beers and whiskey cokes (cause god knows I'm not gonna quit binging, no one likes quitters) .  Pretty much only eating meat, veggies and fruits in smaller portions than I would like.  Trying to drop 10-15 lbs in the next month and get ready for rugby season.   :excited:

me too, except with out the rugby, and sorry no workouts on Sundays. that is my be lazy and do nothing day.

vodka-cranberries or vodka-waters or wine. where does merlot fall in the terrible for you to not so terrible for you scale? probably pretty bad i guess, but wgaf its delicious and better than beer probably right?

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: January 17, 2013, 03:26:22 PM »

me too, except with out the rugby, and sorry no workouts on Sundays. that is my be lazy and do nothing day.

vodka-cranberries or vodka-waters or wine. where does merlot fall in the terrible for you to not so terrible for you scale? probably pretty bad i guess, but wgaf its delicious and better than beer probably right?

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/nutrition_articles.asp?id=893
Wine: The Most Diet-Friendly Choice

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: January 17, 2013, 03:50:47 PM »

eff yeah bota box!

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: January 17, 2013, 03:52:48 PM »

eff yeah bota box!

The best! :cheers: (with Bota Box Merlot)

Offline kstate16

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: January 17, 2013, 04:21:27 PM »
Glad I could spark up this thread again, it's a new year and every EMAW should be sexy and ripped.

For people who hate jogging/long distance running:

What's your go-to for cardio exercise? I either do interval training on the treadmill or raquetball.  For the interval training: 1 minute of fast pace walk (3.5-4 mph) then 1 minute of fast jog/spring (8-8.5 mph) for 30 minutes.  This workout seems to go by so much faster than just regular jogging and it burns more calories.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: January 17, 2013, 04:34:32 PM »
Glad I could spark up this thread again, it's a new year and every EMAW should be sexy and ripped.

For people who hate jogging/long distance running:

What's your go-to for cardio exercise? I either do interval training on the treadmill or raquetball.  For the interval training: 1 minute of fast pace walk (3.5-4 mph) then 1 minute of fast jog/spring (8-8.5 mph) for 30 minutes.  This workout seems to go by so much faster than just regular jogging and it burns more calories.
My cardio workout:

Usually I'll just run 2-3 miles on the treadmill, but sometimes I do intervals instead. My go-to for interval stuff is usually 2 minute bursts alternating between slow jogging somewhere in the 5.0-6.0 mph range with the fast between 8.0-9.5.  Depends on how in-shape I an at the time and how I'm feeling for speed and duration, but I usually like to do that after running 1 mile, and then do the intervals for another 12 minutes.

After the treadmill, usually do 30 minutes on the elliptical machine.  Yeah, the elliptical :comehere: Usually do one of the cross-training routines that changes the incline.  Try to keep heart rate above 165 for the whole time.  I like the stationary bike too.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: January 17, 2013, 07:32:02 PM »
I'll be back to "check in" in 4 weeks

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 17, 2013, 07:57:36 PM »
I play hockey and smash faces.

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: January 17, 2013, 08:03:35 PM »

eff yeah bota box!

So drinking wine saves you either 4 or 8 calories per drink?   WGAF... do one lunge on the way to the fridge on your way to grab another beer.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: May 01, 2013, 12:50:43 PM »
grab your saxophone, I have found the answer to all your fitness questions

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: May 01, 2013, 12:59:31 PM »
I've been doing yoga again lately. I love it.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: May 01, 2013, 01:04:06 PM »

was watching "forgetting sarah marshall" on monday night (FX), there's a yoga scene in it.  i don't understand how anyone can call it exercise because after seeing them do it i call it pudzercise.  pud.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: May 01, 2013, 01:05:57 PM »

was watching "forgetting sarah marshall" on monday night (FX), there's a yoga scene in it.  i don't understand how anyone can call it exercise because after seeing them do it i call it pudzercise.  pud.

It really helps my hoops game. Body control!

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: May 01, 2013, 01:06:41 PM »
i have no doubt that yoga would benefit me greatly, but nope.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: May 01, 2013, 01:12:02 PM »
i have no doubt that yoga would benefit me greatly, but nope.

yer a man's man! wham!

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: May 01, 2013, 01:12:38 PM »
it's very popular in california beach communities.  as in, they hand you a yoga mat as you drive into town and if you're caught out without one, you are kicked out of the city.  i just don't see how it's exercise.  it's more like stretching.  then you exercise after.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: May 01, 2013, 01:13:49 PM »
I have been wanting to try yoga for a while now but my Y only offers a few classes and none of which are convenient at all for me.   :curse:

I have a shoulder flexibility thing that I have been told yoga will help significantly.   :frown:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: May 01, 2013, 01:14:15 PM »
it's very popular in california beach communities.  as in, they hand you a yoga mat as you drive into town and if you're caught out without one, you are kicked out of the city.  i just don't see how it's exercise.  it's more like stretching.  then you exercise after.

There's lots of different styles and intensities. I've worked up embarrassing amounts of sweat in yoga classes before.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: May 01, 2013, 01:15:58 PM »

There's lots of different styles and intensities. I've worked up embarrassing amounts of sweat in yoga classes before.

that's fine, but i'm sure we'd all sweat in a 105 degree room too.  now listen.  i'm not buying what you're selling, so kindly quit trying to push this hippy exercise stuff on me or we're going to have problems, you and i.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: May 01, 2013, 01:16:43 PM »
During the yoga days for p90x I would just have sex for a long time (over 8 minutes even) and get the same workout.  Of course lots of crazy positions. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: May 01, 2013, 01:19:17 PM »
Also, you have to push yourself in yoga to get the workout. Part of it is discovering, and then expanding your limitations. It's as intense as you want to make it.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: May 01, 2013, 01:25:27 PM »
NO SELF LIMITATIONS

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: May 01, 2013, 03:26:40 PM »
I have been wanting to try yoga for a while now but my Y only offers a few classes and none of which are convenient at all for me.   :curse:

I have a shoulder flexibility thing that I have been told yoga will help significantly.   :frown:

It won't help with the being a lumbering stiff giant problem you have.  You'll probably just end up falling on somebody.  Best not to try. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: May 01, 2013, 03:28:17 PM »
i've been hitting the treadmill about 3 times a week for an hour.  when will i start noticing 6-pack abs and stuff?