Author Topic: Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats  (Read 327504 times)

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
Re: Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats
« Reply #3550 on: November 09, 2020, 09:00:39 PM »
I have moved the meter more to the dad bod side of the sliding scale since complete WFH started  :frown:
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #3551 on: November 18, 2020, 01:52:05 PM »
Did a zoom workout today.. was interesting to say the least but better than working out by myself

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3552 on: November 19, 2020, 08:09:36 PM »
What kind of rower? Would you recommend? Seeing those fancy ones and considering if it would be better than a peloton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.roguefitness.com/black-concept-2-model-d-rower-pm5?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwLmd4pG76AIVaR6tBh215AXEEAQYAiABEgKnCvD_BwE

Is it worth the money?

I had an older model of the same one. The display is super basic which might be fine for you but it's not going to make you excited to work out on it.  It's basically a mechanical machine with a pedometer (or rowing equivalent) on it.  The plus is that there isn't much to break.  I liked it and it gave a really good work out.  The seat part folds vertical to store pretty easily.  It is fairly loud.

I'm getting this

https://hydrow.com/

Well thats a sexy SOB

finally gets delivered next wednesday.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3553 on: November 20, 2020, 08:30:19 AM »
damn that looks nice af

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3554 on: November 20, 2020, 08:39:47 AM »
any Peloton-cats out there?  Mine gets here in one month.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #3555 on: November 20, 2020, 09:07:20 AM »
Have we discussed peletons yet? Are they worth it? Tired of the wife nagging me for one. Might do a surprise christmas gift.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3556 on: December 09, 2020, 02:26:35 PM »
This has probably been covered already, but just popped in to give my endorsement to something I wish I bought months ago: RESISTANCE BANDS.

Shipping is cheap, set up anywhere, and takes up no storage. Also it’s not intuitive, but for the average person results are actually probably better that traditional weightlifting.

Offline kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3557 on: December 09, 2020, 03:19:12 PM »
Have we discussed peletons yet? Are they worth it? Tired of the wife nagging me for one. Might do a surprise christmas gift.

We had our peloton delivered at the end of October, and it is awesome!  We got one because my wife just had a baby and needed an outlet for anxiety, plus getting rid of baby weight.  Both of us were used to going to the gym regularly pre-pandemic, and neither of us had really spinned before.  But we love it!  I also used to run a few days a week, but it would always hurt my feet and knees.  The bike is much better for that.  Also the classes really fun and encourage you to push yourself with some great tunes.  Plus the instructors are mega babes... both genders, so your wife will appreciate that too!

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3558 on: December 09, 2020, 03:39:26 PM »

We had our peloton delivered at the end of October, and it is awesome!  We got one because my wife just had a baby and needed an outlet for anxiety, plus getting rid of baby weight.  Both of us were used to going to the gym regularly pre-pandemic, and neither of us had really spinned before.  But we love it!  I also used to run a few days a week, but it would always hurt my feet and knees.  The bike is much better for that.  Also the classes really fun and encourage you to push yourself with some great tunes.  Plus the instructors are mega babes... both genders, so your wife will appreciate that too!
:thumbs: Good stuff. I appreciate it.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3559 on: December 09, 2020, 08:24:47 PM »
Just committed to it. Thanks for the great feedback.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3560 on: December 17, 2020, 09:22:04 AM »
What kind of rower? Would you recommend? Seeing those fancy ones and considering if it would be better than a peloton.

https://www.roguefitness.com/black-concept-2-model-d-rower-pm5?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwLmd4pG76AIVaR6tBh215AXEEAQYAiABEgKnCvD_BwE

Is it worth the money?

I had an older model of the same one. The display is super basic which might be fine for you but it's not going to make you excited to work out on it.  It's basically a mechanical machine with a pedometer (or rowing equivalent) on it.  The plus is that there isn't much to break.  I liked it and it gave a really good work out.  The seat part folds vertical to store pretty easily.  It is fairly loud.

I'm getting this

Well thats a sexy SOB

I've used this thing 6 days a week since deliver. so like 18 rows. first one I felt like I couldn't lift my leg up to take steps when I got off it after only like 15 minutes. there were definitely muscles I don't ever use being used. after like 6 times it became a lot easier. now it feels very natural and good to row. the trainers go through a lot of the posture, mechanics, etc. and that helps a lot. I don't think I'd be as committed to it if it wasn't for the live rowing that they do. I can see why people love their pelatons. I usually do 30 minute high intensity intervals and now I look forward to it every morning. I'm going to keep increasing the resistance and time of the rows and probably do an hour after my rest day each week. I give this thing  :katpak: :katpak: :katpak: :katpak: :katpak: solely for its ability to keep my lazy ass committed to doing it every day so far.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3561 on: December 17, 2020, 09:27:06 AM »
Good deal.  It's all about finding what works for you.

I've been lazy on my less fancy rower but have yet to give live classes a shot.  I'm going to get cracking on that so I don't start working out in January and feel like a resolution rube.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3562 on: December 17, 2020, 09:29:56 AM »
 Having a person guiding you makes a difference. I have a cheap one, but I found some videos on YouTube of some workouts I watch on a tablet. After I got the hang of it I started just doing it on my own, but I’d lose interest fast. With that, I started to drop off using it. Getting back to the videos has helped a lot.

When I dropped off it started using my treadmill more, but started getting bad muscle fatigue/shin pain & got bored on that quickly too. I’ve started alternating between my rower at a higher intensity & my treadmill at a low intensity/higher incline.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 09:34:01 AM by TheHamburglar »
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3563 on: December 17, 2020, 09:58:51 AM »
I've lost ~15 pounds since I started doing crossfit-that's-not-officially-crossfit in September and also feel really great and don't die after every workout. Go 5 days a week (outdoors) and the fact that there are other people there is a huge motivator. Let me talk to you about it.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3564 on: December 17, 2020, 10:01:37 AM »
also very happy for my friend steve dave for his sexy ass rower that also helps him exercise

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3565 on: December 17, 2020, 10:36:14 AM »
I've lost ~15 pounds since I started doing crossfit-that's-not-officially-crossfit in September and also feel really great and don't die after every workout. Go 5 days a week (outdoors) and the fact that there are other people there is a huge motivator. Let me talk to you about it.
:lol:

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3566 on: December 17, 2020, 10:36:43 AM »
how's that kool aid taste mich??

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3567 on: December 17, 2020, 10:55:06 AM »

Is it worth the money?

I'm getting this

Well thats a sexy SOB

I've used this thing 6 days a week since deliver. so like 18 rows. first one I felt like I couldn't lift my leg up to take steps when I got off it after only like 15 minutes. there were definitely muscles I don't ever use being used. after like 6 times it became a lot easier. now it feels very natural and good to row. the trainers go through a lot of the posture, mechanics, etc. and that helps a lot. I don't think I'd be as committed to it if it wasn't for the live rowing that they do. I can see why people love their pelatons. I usually do 30 minute high intensity intervals and now I look forward to it every morning. I'm going to keep increasing the resistance and time of the rows and probably do an hour after my rest day each week. I give this thing  :katpak: :katpak: :katpak: :katpak: :katpak: solely for its ability to keep my lazy ass committed to doing it every day so far.

How do you grip the grip?  I ask as someone who loves rowers but has to lay off them time to time due to tennis elbow.  Supposedly that is due to my grip.  Looking into it, I have heard to vary my grip often, but the handle doesn't give you much option for that, and I have heard to leave your thumb slack and not grip with it like you would a dumbell.  What do you do?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3568 on: December 17, 2020, 11:07:34 AM »
you are supposed to relax your hands. like, you have them looped over the grip but you don't actually have to hold it. if there wasn't tension on it it would fall out of my hands on the pull. I also use padded fingerless badass gym bro gloves I bought off amazon because I got blisters at the base of my fingers after the first week.

these are the ones. they work great:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08JKCT8S3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3569 on: December 17, 2020, 11:08:50 AM »
this morning I was number 31 on the chart and the person ahead of me was from Omaha and there was no rough ridin' way I was letting them finish ahead of me so I did the last minute at like 36 s/m even though we were supposed to be doing 32 and passed them to end at 30.

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3570 on: December 17, 2020, 11:12:31 AM »
TAKE THAT, RANDOM DUDE FROM OMAHA!!!  HAHAHA, LOSER!

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3571 on: December 17, 2020, 11:17:14 AM »
TAKE THAT, RANDOM DUDE FROM OMAHA!!!  HAHAHA, LOSER!

you can add people as friends and stuff on the app. I thought about adding him and sending him a DM that was just "ez"

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3572 on: December 17, 2020, 11:29:39 AM »

I like it a lot but not sure what I'll do when I can hoop again. My gym is overpriced even for crossfit but it is run by friends of a friend and 2 minutes from my house and seems to have really great, varied programming even with everything outside. The people that go are mostly nice and only competitive in a healthy way and not too tactical sunglassy. (I'm sure being in the Bay helps).

But honestly I still miss hoops a ton and will probably cut down to 2-4 a week when I can play again.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3573 on: December 17, 2020, 11:46:15 AM »

I like it a lot but not sure what I'll do when I can hoop again. My gym is overpriced even for crossfit but it is run by friends of a friend and 2 minutes from my house and seems to have really great, varied programming even with everything outside. The people that go are mostly nice and only competitive in a healthy way and not too tactical sunglassy. (I'm sure being in the Bay helps).

But honestly I still miss hoops a ton and will probably cut down to 2-4 a week when I can play again.
I've met some of my best friends doing the C word.. People that I would not normally have run with or probably have ever even bumped into. I'd stick with it for a bit after the other C word is under control as I'm sure it will get even more fun.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #3574 on: December 17, 2020, 01:49:08 PM »

:thumbs: Good stuff. I appreciate it.

Late on this but plus 1 for the Peloton. I actually got really lucky and found one on Craigslist just before the pandemic hit in March. It was brand new and they could have sold it for double like a month after I bought it.  :emawkid: The lady's husband helped me carry it to my car and said, "Well this is the most exercise anyone in this house has gotten using this thing". I lol'd, He was super pissed at his wife for buying it and not using it. I was never a cardio guy, hate running and not really interested in biking. Mainly bought it for the wife, but I ride it pretty much every day for at least 20 min before I lift. I like having something with a time stop and on days where I feel lazy I always force myself to ride for 20 minutes or so instead of doing nothing. Most of the instructors are great and I pour through the playlists prior to selecting to make sure I like all the jams. Def worth it and pretty easy to stick to.