Author Topic: Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats  (Read 328626 times)

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats
« Reply #2925 on: January 17, 2017, 04:34:04 PM »
What if -- just to prove a point -- you did try to sustain it? Cosmo would be breaking down your door trying to get you to write articles for them. "Start today and lose over 100 lbs by summer!" "2017: how to be literally weightless just in time for football season"

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: January 17, 2017, 04:39:38 PM »
"Eat your own bodyweight and survive (but it has to be your own body)"

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: February 03, 2017, 03:45:11 PM »
I heard some pretty convincing science on a podcast today about the health benefits of eating high amounts of cocoa. Would I be crazy to take a daily shot of hot water and a couple tablespoons of cocoa chowder?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: February 03, 2017, 03:56:58 PM »
I heard some pretty convincing science on a podcast today about the health benefits of eating high amounts of cocoa. Would I be crazy to take a daily shot of hot water and a couple tablespoons of cocoa chowder?

I'm sure there are crazier things that people do with less health benefits

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: February 03, 2017, 04:01:15 PM »
Wait you shoot the water (hot) and then dump into your mouth the chowder?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2930 on: February 03, 2017, 04:05:01 PM »
Was thinking more as a mixer than a chaser. I'll let you know how it goes.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: February 03, 2017, 04:05:20 PM »

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2932 on: February 03, 2017, 08:02:39 PM »
Just tried it. Not bad at all. Just think about it as a health drink instead of chocolate. Will probably make it a morning routine.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: February 03, 2017, 09:42:09 PM »
Just tried it. Not bad at all. Just think about it as a health drink instead of chocolate. Will probably make it a morning routine.
Put it in your coffee

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2934 on: February 04, 2017, 11:20:21 AM »
Puni just #acked your ass.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: February 04, 2017, 03:00:49 PM »
Was better in coffee, though it left my mouth feeling extra chalky. That kind've rhymes, I realized.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #2936 on: February 04, 2017, 07:05:52 PM »
Was better in coffee, though it left my mouth feeling extra chalky. That kind've rhymes, I realized.

Just grab some dark chocolate with over 70% Cocoa and not eat the whole bar. 

On a bit of a cut and eating almost no carbs.  Have the carb flu a bit and it sucks. 

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: February 04, 2017, 07:58:06 PM »
I heard the benefits of cocoa have only really been proven in high doses, so I'm trying to do more than a chocolate bar's worth. Plus cheap.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2938 on: February 04, 2017, 11:23:33 PM »
He's in love with the coco

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: February 08, 2017, 09:12:29 AM »
Guys that first month of keto really sucked. Did not indulge even one single cheat day, kept my carbs below 25g and didn't lose a single pound. Talked to my doc and he suggested I needed to lower my protein ratio. I was keeping it at the 0.8g/lb of body weight ratio per the ketogains website but he said take it down to 0.5.

Made that change 6 days ago and have lost 4 lbs in the last 6 days. I think I might finally be getting there.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2940 on: February 08, 2017, 09:13:22 AM »
nice.  stick with it.  i'm down 15.5 lbs since 1/3.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: February 08, 2017, 09:34:24 AM »
Went low carb recently and have lost a few pounds. Not sure if there is an easy way to tell whether that is muscle or fat though...

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2942 on: February 08, 2017, 10:38:30 AM »
Went low carb recently and have lost a few pounds. Not sure if there is an easy way to tell whether that is muscle or fat though...
depending on how recently, it's water.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

The Big Train

« Reply #2943 on: February 08, 2017, 12:46:47 PM »
started a weight loss program this week.  normally its like ~$30 a month but we get it through work for free.  the whole program is based on when and how you eat and not what you eat.  idk why i didnt found this thing, all the concepts are so easy it makes sense.  its also backed by more than just counting carbs and actual science so i'm actually going to see it through.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: February 08, 2017, 02:14:48 PM »
started a weight loss program this week.  normally its like ~$30 a month but we get it through work for free.  the whole program is based on when and how you eat and not what you eat.  idk why i didnt found this thing, all the concepts are so easy it makes sense.  its also backed by more than just counting carbs and actual science so i'm actually going to see it through.
"when" you eat has jack crap to do with anything.  if you're trying to lose weight, it's always gonna be calories in calories out.  everything else is noise.

and lol at your dismissal of keto (i.e. "counting carbs") as not backed by science.

The Big Train

« Reply #2945 on: February 08, 2017, 02:17:57 PM »
"when" you eat has jack crap to do with anything.  if you're trying to lose weight, it's always gonna be calories in calories out.  everything else is noise.

and lol at your dismissal of keto (i.e. "counting carbs") as not backed by science.

That's fine you disagree.  Once you get to your ideal weight and go back to how you ate before and gain it all back I won't say anything.  I'll just keep focusing on how and when I eat and maintain my weight.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: February 08, 2017, 02:22:24 PM »

That's fine you disagree.  Once you get to your ideal weight and go back to how you ate before and gain it all back I won't say anything.  I'll just keep focusing on how and when I eat and maintain my weight.
Any time you stop a diet and go back to how you eat before you're going to gain weight.  That's literally how anyone gets to any weight in the first place.  If you keep eating the same amount of calories - even if you spread those calories out throughout the day - you're going to be the same weight. 

If you want to lose weight, you have to eat less.  Period.   

If anyone is trying to sell you on some magical metabolism hack, you're getting sold snake oil.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: February 08, 2017, 02:27:07 PM »
What do you mean by "how" you eat?

The Big Train

« Reply #2948 on: February 08, 2017, 02:27:43 PM »

Any time you stop a diet and go back to how you eat before you're going to gain weight.  That's literally anyone gets to any weight in the first place.  If you keep eating the same amount of calories - even if you spread those calories out throughout the day - you're going to be the same weight. 

If you want to lose weight, you have to eat less.  Period.   

If anyone is trying to sell you on some magical metabolism hack, you're getting sold snake oil.

Never said anything about spreading out calories, never said anything about eating the same amount of calories.  I agree you have to eat less calories.

No metabolic hack.  No pills.  No starving.  No counting carbs.  Don't worry about it :D

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: February 08, 2017, 03:18:24 PM »
How? Like spork? Or angry?