Author Topic: Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats  (Read 328649 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats
« Reply #2775 on: January 04, 2017, 09:26:23 AM »
That just means you need more sodium.  The bouillon just makes a tasty way to get it now.   The sodium deficiency would make you light headed, but it shouldn't give you headaches, I don't believe. 

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2776 on: January 04, 2017, 09:53:33 AM »
Can't ya just bacon binge?

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: January 04, 2017, 10:52:02 AM »
That just means you need more sodium.  The bouillon just makes a tasty way to get it now.   The sodium deficiency would make you light headed, but it shouldn't give you headaches, I don't believe. 

If I get a headache, I chug some saltwater or the bouillon and it works like a champ.  Pretty sure I read about that in the Ketogains group.
@mikec2w

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: January 04, 2017, 10:53:38 AM »
Can't ya just bacon binge?

Depends on what your goal is and how your macros shake out.  I try to limit my fat somewhat because I am in weight loss mode.  If you are bulking, I think you can get away with a higher fat content in your diet. 
@mikec2w

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: January 04, 2017, 11:27:28 AM »
Nipples are killing me again.  :curse:

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #2780 on: January 04, 2017, 11:38:44 AM »
drink a powerade zero or some chicken broth to get over that flu crap.  no reason for that to happen unless you allow it to happen. 

Whenever I feel like crap, I take a couple beef bouillon cubes, dissolve them in hot water, and chug away.

It seems like it's subsided on it's own.  I'm still pissing purple sticks and have dropped 12 pounds of water weight after 4 days.  I was a carb junkie before I started this.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: January 04, 2017, 12:19:16 PM »
Stop worrying about keto sticks.  Once you stop having headaches while your carbs are down, they will just confuse or aggravate you and it won't even matter anymore.

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #2782 on: January 04, 2017, 01:30:18 PM »
Stop worrying about keto sticks.  Once you stop having headaches while your carbs are down, they will just confuse or aggravate you and it won't even matter anymore.

But it's kind of fun in a creepy way?   :dunno:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: January 04, 2017, 01:31:18 PM »
keto sticks are nice when you start up because it's just a nice boost that, hey, you're doing it right.  keep up the good work.

after your first positive test though, they're basically worthless and maybe detrimental as they can give you a false sense of security.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: January 04, 2017, 01:37:17 PM »
FreundinSonntag has a treadmill but every time i run on it, i punch in my GPS measured outdoor pace and i can't run half as far as i'd normally expect to.   Is the issue the slight incline?  Is it that I'm running at a constant speed where, as GPS shows, i kind of fluctuate up and down for an outdoor run?  Or, could it be the treadmill?  My working theory is that the motor isn't strong enough to run at a constant speed, so when i footstrike it slows down and when i push back off it speeds up, robbing the spring from my step and making me work harder.

I suppose objectively, its NBD, if i can work up a sweat, get winded, feel some burn, its doing its job BUT it frustrates me as i try to track my splits!

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: January 04, 2017, 01:52:38 PM »
I just started keto for the first time ever on Monday. The first 2 days weren't too bad but I'm so emo (kemo?) today. I've been advised to consume a lot of coconut oil these first few days as it contains the kind of fat that my body will most easily be able to convert into energy when I use up whatever glucose my body had stored. Will check out the site you mentioned cns BC I feel like I'm kinda flying blind. I forgot to weigh myself Monday but I did with myself today and I'm pretty sure I've dropped about 2 lbs in the last couple days.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: January 04, 2017, 02:21:32 PM »
Awesome.  Def check out that site.  If for no other reason, they do a really good job with info around fat intake.  Most keto sites and groups I have checked out have ppl eating crazy high amts of fat.  When it comes to weightloss, Keto isn't even about that, its all about limiting carbs.  The fat is how you leverage up or down your weight.  Their calculator will tell you what you should be doing grams/day to maintain, and they will give you a good idea of how much leverage you can put on that to lose weight and not feel like crap while doing so.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: January 04, 2017, 02:31:48 PM »
Are you keto guys monitoring body fat%?  I ask because, a lot of people give up diets because the scale says they aren't losing weight, because as they drop fat they are also putting on muscle.  Might be worth getting one of those scales with the impedance plates for the extra data point, keep you going. 

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: January 04, 2017, 02:33:58 PM »
Are you keto guys monitoring body fat%?  I ask because, a lot of people give up diets because the scale says they aren't losing weight, because as they drop fat they are also putting on muscle.  Might be worth getting one of those scales with the impedance plates for the extra data point, keep you going. 

Just visually for now and also noticing how clothes fit.  So far I've dropped around 40 lbs or so....stalled around holidays, but it's dropping again.
@mikec2w

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: January 04, 2017, 02:40:49 PM »

I got the omron hbf-306c hand held body fat monitor. Was like $35 on Amazon. From what I can tell from the research I did it's one of the more accurate devices for the pricepoint. I'm sitting at like 17% body fat and there's no good reason I should be above 14% but ideally I'd like to get it down to 10-12%. I'm told once I have my body in ketosis I will be a fat burning machine, and they sounds pretty swell to me.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2790 on: January 04, 2017, 02:43:25 PM »

I'm not sure this is possible.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: January 04, 2017, 02:46:54 PM »

I have been doing this.  It's just a slow process.  I have no clue if that is unique or not.   :dunno:

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: January 04, 2017, 02:54:20 PM »
I've been sick for about 5 days or so and am feeling better but A.) don't want to spread my germs all over the gym and B.) not sure it would be beneficial to workout compared to resting..
I don't like it one bit

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: January 04, 2017, 02:59:53 PM »

You're not sure what is possible?

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: January 04, 2017, 03:01:39 PM »

I got the omron hbf-306c hand held body fat monitor. Was like $35 on Amazon. From what I can tell from the research I did it's one of the more accurate devices for the pricepoint. I'm sitting at like 17% body fat and there's no good reason I should be above 14% but ideally I'd like to get it down to 10-12%. I'm told once I have my body in ketosis I will be a fat burning machine, and they sounds pretty swell to me.

Re: accuracy, as long as they are fairly consistent I don't care, it's just a number, and as long as it's going down it tells you something.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: January 04, 2017, 04:37:31 PM »
Awesome.  Def check out that site.  If for no other reason, they do a really good job with info around fat intake.  Most keto sites and groups I have checked out have ppl eating crazy high amts of fat.  When it comes to weightloss, Keto isn't even about that, its all about limiting carbs.  The fat is how you leverage up or down your weight.  Their calculator will tell you what you should be doing grams/day to maintain, and they will give you a good idea of how much leverage you can put on that to lose weight and not feel like crap while doing so.

I thought fat calorie ratio was essential and the whole point? kicking off fat to protein/carbs at 5 or 4 to one and then once adapted can chill to 3 or 2 to 1 while keeping carbs very low. protein is that isn't absorbed for muscle repair is metabolized into blood glucose and can kick you out of keto right? total energy balance is still what matters to weight/fat loss.

i was going to ask how you keto cats meet your fat quotas? do you ignore food quality and just go for the macros?  it just seems really hard to eat that much fat using whole natural foods. the temptation to transition wholly to slim jims is strong. I know supplementing with coconut/mct oil is a good hack.

experience: 6 ish weeks ketocatting, podcasts, blog reading, wikipedia

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: January 04, 2017, 04:50:45 PM »

I thought fat calorie ratio was essential and the whole point? kicking off fat to protein/carbs at 5 or 4 to one and then once adapted can chill to 3 or 2 to 1 while keeping carbs very low. protein is that isn't absorbed for muscle repair is metabolized into blood glucose and can kick you out of keto right? total energy balance is still what matters to weight/fat loss.

i was going to ask how you keto cats meet your fat quotas? do you ignore food quality and just go for the macros?  it just seems really hard to eat that much fat using whole natural foods. the temptation to transition wholly to slim jims is strong. I know supplementing with coconut/mct oil is a good hack.

experience: 6 ish weeks ketocatting, podcasts, blog reading, wikipedia

What I have found is that the fat macro is more of a do not exceed number.  I worry about hitting the protein and limiting the carbs.  If I don't hit the fat macro I don't sweat it.  If I find myself feeling more hungry than normal, it is probably because I didn't eat enough fat that day.  Also, if you have too much fat in your diet.....your body will probably burn that up first before burning off your moobs.....as I understand it.
@mikec2w

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: January 04, 2017, 04:51:46 PM »
Also, if you doing the keto thing and not seeing results you may need to back off the fat quantity and increase the lean protein.
@mikec2w

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: January 04, 2017, 04:55:43 PM »
Yep.  The ratio thing is if you are doing it for medical reasons.  You can eat too much protein, but I think it would be hard to do.   Iirc, as long as you get btwn 0.8 and 1.2 grams per lean body mass, you should be fine.  The XT's take on fat is right on with what I have read.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #2799 on: January 05, 2017, 05:36:40 AM »
FreundinSonntag has a treadmill but every time i run on it, i punch in my GPS measured outdoor pace and i can't run half as far as i'd normally expect to.   Is the issue the slight incline?  Is it that I'm running at a constant speed where, as GPS shows, i kind of fluctuate up and down for an outdoor run?  Or, could it be the treadmill?  My working theory is that the motor isn't strong enough to run at a constant speed, so when i footstrike it slows down and when i push back off it speeds up, robbing the spring from my step and making me work harder.

I suppose objectively, its NBD, if i can work up a sweat, get winded, feel some burn, its doing its job BUT it frustrates me as i try to track my splits!
I find that a fan helps. On the TM, there's no air movement and your body heat stays. Thus, HR is higher trying to cool down the body.

It's possibly due to a change in your running gait. Most runners inadvertently change gait on the treadmill due to the moving belt. I have to really focus on a forward body lean and knee drive to avoid a hard heel strike. The hard heel strike gives a breaking action.

I'd go with body heat as the likely culprit.