Author Topic: Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats  (Read 328163 times)

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats
« Reply #1925 on: December 05, 2014, 09:29:11 AM »
In my fitcat diet only pulls straight from the bottle are allowed

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: December 05, 2014, 09:30:37 AM »

you gotta problem with Kranberry-oke? (cross thread post)

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: December 05, 2014, 09:32:27 AM »

you gotta problem with Kranberry-oke? (cross thread post)

yeah, kinda

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: December 05, 2014, 09:33:50 AM »
mocat, i think its time you start a judgement free thread on exercise and a healthier lifestyle.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #1929 on: December 05, 2014, 01:13:28 PM »
For the first time in my life, I've been lifting steady for a solid year. Sure feels good. Still a slender cat but definitely way more fit and stronger. Now if I could just resist the craft beer thread, I could drop the fat around my waist. Probably won't happen.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: December 05, 2014, 01:31:31 PM »
Cooking thread, beer thread, smoking/AST thread are all conspiring against me.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: December 05, 2014, 01:40:13 PM »
mocat, i think its time you start a judgement free thread on exercise and a healthier lifestyle.

maybe you should, and call it the how to feel a Tonya better, it's not as Harding as you think, you Creep (now featuring workout soundtracks provided by 31,000+ minute per year music aficionado mocat) thread

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: December 05, 2014, 01:42:47 PM »
i have failed at my "slam dunk a basketball" new years resolution 3 years running now  :frown:

4th will be the charm

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: December 06, 2014, 12:11:56 AM »
Good ideas by all, guess I'll work harder to hit that 10%. I like that most of the advice was centered around how to be healthy and still pak  :cheers: <------ but with crystal light and vodka

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: December 06, 2014, 01:09:16 AM »
i hope mocat doesn't leave

The Big Train

« Reply #1935 on: January 08, 2015, 12:01:12 AM »
played basketball on saturday for the first time in a long time.  my arch/under my foot has been killing me the past couple of days.  from looking stuff up i either pulled something or have plantar fasciitis.  i have heard of basketball players getting it and thinking, hmm, that doesn't seem so bad. IT rough ridin' HURTS.

have any of you guys had it before, and what did you do?  im gonna try and go see the dr in the next day or so and get it checked out.  it feels like i am stepping on a knife with every step and dont get me started talking about how much it hurts shifting in my car.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: January 08, 2015, 07:43:33 AM »
played basketball on saturday for the first time in a long time.  my arch/under my foot has been killing me the past couple of days.  from looking stuff up i either pulled something or have plantar fasciitis.  i have heard of basketball players getting it and thinking, hmm, that doesn't seem so bad. IT rough ridin' HURTS.

have any of you guys had it before, and what did you do?  im gonna try and go see the dr in the next day or so and get it checked out.  it feels like i am stepping on a knife with every step and dont get me started talking about how much it hurts shifting in my car.

Do some lunges to stretch out your calf. Also, roll a cold can of pop under your bare foot - so that the arch gets stretched and cooled at the same time. (If it is too cold, you can put a paper towel around the can.)

The Big Train

« Reply #1937 on: January 08, 2015, 11:25:29 AM »

Do some lunges to stretch out your calf. Also, roll a cold can of pop under your bare foot - so that the arch gets stretched and cooled at the same time. (If it is too cold, you can put a paper towel around the can.)

:thumbs:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: January 08, 2015, 11:59:54 AM »
Super Orange Feet insoles. Wear them in all my shoes.  Took a month or so, but straight now.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: January 08, 2015, 12:41:33 PM »
Work in these stretches, do each in 2x10 second routines when you get up and before bed and after any extended period of strain on your feet

Calf Stretch

Lower leg/ankle stretch (not how I do them, but I couldn't get a picture)

Plantar stretch (put your weight on the balls of your feet/toes and move the knee on that forward and down until you reach the ground or it becomes uncomfortable)

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: January 08, 2015, 12:45:05 PM »
Are there any fitbitKats out there?

I think they look like an overpriced pedometer but I have some buds all getting them and wanting to do a fitness challenge.  How do you like them?  Are they actually accurate in measuring work done?  One of my concerns is, if i'm doing a lot of weightlifting are the cardiocats going to outpace me, even if we might be doing a similar amount of work?

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: January 08, 2015, 02:22:52 PM »

I think they look like an overpriced pedometer but I have some buds all getting them and wanting to do a fitness challenge.  How do you like them?  Are they actually accurate in measuring work done?  One of my concerns is, if i'm doing a lot of weightlifting are the cardiocats going to outpace me, even if we might be doing a similar amount of work?

You're both doing the same amount of work.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: January 09, 2015, 09:12:47 AM »

I imagine in both instances the e-livestrong band could tell that work was being done, but my concern is how good is it at accurately knowing how to compare the differing amounts of work?   

For example, if i'm lifting 2 plates (135 lbs) for a combined 10 minutes of strength training, that's a caloric equivalent of running 1/4 of a mile.   To calculate that I need to know how heavy those weights are and how much I way to make an accurate comparison... and google.  How does this little wristband think it can tackle that?  In an actual fitness lab, the only way they accurately measure relative work being done is by monitoring CO2 produced, that's a perfect analog for calories burned.

I dunno, I just think this Fitbit sounds like a bill of goods.  I'd like to join in on everyone's reindeer games and not be the grumpy skeptic but I just can't in good conscious.  Does anyone have in experience with the device to at least say "yeah well its pretty close" ?

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: January 09, 2015, 01:54:16 PM »

I imagine in both instances the e-livestrong band could tell that work was being done, but my concern is how good is it at accurately knowing how to compare the differing amounts of work?   

For example, if i'm lifting 2 plates (135 lbs) for a combined 10 minutes of strength training, that's a caloric equivalent of running 1/4 of a mile.   To calculate that I need to know how heavy those weights are and how much I way to make an accurate comparison... and google.  How does this little wristband think it can tackle that?  In an actual fitness lab, the only way they accurately measure relative work being done is by monitoring CO2 produced, that's a perfect analog for calories burned.

I dunno, I just think this Fitbit sounds like a bill of goods.  I'd like to join in on everyone's reindeer games and not be the grumpy skeptic but I just can't in good conscious.  Does anyone have in experience with the device to at least say "yeah well its pretty close" ?

work = force X distance

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: January 09, 2015, 02:00:02 PM »

work = force X distance
How good a job does this wristband do in capturing force or distance?

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: January 09, 2015, 02:01:56 PM »
i would say it doesnt measure force in any way.

cant you just toggle what kind of work you are doing on the device? or categorize it after the fact on the companion software?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: January 09, 2015, 02:21:06 PM »
do you guys enjoy dom mazzetti? i sure do

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: January 09, 2015, 03:10:00 PM »
you guys must not have had as nerdy of a physics teacher as I did in high school.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: January 09, 2015, 03:39:23 PM »
My understanding is that it is a glorified pedometer which helps aerobic exercise and sleep patterns.  It also pairs up with software/apps like myfitnesspal and others.  I haven't found anything yet that will accurately track weight workouts other than the good old pen and paper.
@mikec2w

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: January 09, 2015, 03:40:12 PM »
My understanding is that it is a glorified pedometer which helps aerobic exercise and sleep patterns.  It also pairs up with software/apps like myfitnesspal and others.  I haven't found anything yet that will accurately track weight workouts other than the good old pen and paper.

how about your brain?