Author Topic: Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats  (Read 327470 times)

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats
« Reply #1825 on: August 30, 2014, 12:52:52 PM »

This look good for macros?  The last 2, bbq pork and rice, represents some random meal out.  Everything else I'd eat daily. 

Goal was according to some youtube video for 170 pound people, I'm 6'0" 160 tho.  I think I'd be pretty stuffed eating this diet.

85 fat
350 carb
200 protein
2900 calories

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: August 30, 2014, 03:02:38 PM »
Depends what you're tying to do; gain weight, lose weight, gain muscle, general health, strength, etc.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: August 31, 2014, 03:19:16 AM »
Gain a little weight, lose fat %, gain muscle.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: August 31, 2014, 10:37:59 PM »
Gain a little weight, lose fat %, gain muscle.

I dunno if 2900 cals will be enough to gain weight; it would be for some people, wouldn't for others. Weight yourself and try to gain slowly. Putting on more than a 3 or 4 lbs every month or so is usually dirty gains and not what you want.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: September 02, 2014, 12:01:44 AM »
I think I almost tore my bicep today doing heavy deadlifts with a mixed grip. I set a personal goal to lift 500 lbs and was doing reps at more than I usually do. Its all sore now. I was probably close. It freaked me out a bunch and I went straight home. I've got to be more careful.

Basically, I will be doing regular grip deadlifts with straps from now on. Be careful guys.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 12:06:52 AM by Benja »

The Big Train

« Reply #1830 on: September 02, 2014, 12:03:19 AM »
been on like a week and a half break, starting back tomorrow  :excited:

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: September 02, 2014, 12:09:59 AM »
I think I almost tore my bicep today doing heavy deadlifts with a mixed grip. I set a personal goal to lift 500 lbs and was doing reps at more than I usually do. Its all sore now. I was probably close. It freaked me out a bunch and I went straight home. I've got to be more careful.

Basically, I will be doing regular grip deadlifts with straps from now on. Be careful guys.
how were you activating your bicep? 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: September 02, 2014, 12:16:26 AM »

Just the force of holding 400+ lbs with an underhand grip is enough to stretch the bicep and tear it off its insertion point.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: September 02, 2014, 01:56:25 AM »

Just the force of holding 400+ lbs with an underhand grip is enough to stretch the bicep and tear it off its insertion point.
Admittedly I'm in the low 300s, but I've found mixed to work better for me because of my wrists.  On rep weight (high 200s) I usually go with a classic top grip.  Do you use sumo at all?  Friend I go with reps in the high 400s and max 500s usually goes classic with straps.  Do you have good ROM with your biceps usually?  I mean do you have elbow issues or prior issues where you can't straighten your arm? 

Part of why I'm asking is just looking at form details.  I have trouble with my wrists and worry about keeping my lower back in form too.  When I first started lifting near 300 I had issues rolling my shoulders oddly too.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: September 02, 2014, 03:03:24 AM »

Admittedly I'm in the low 300s, but I've found mixed to work better for me because of my wrists.  On rep weight (high 200s) I usually go with a classic top grip.  Do you use sumo at all?  Friend I go with reps in the high 400s and max 500s usually goes classic with straps.  Do you have good ROM with your biceps usually?  I mean do you have elbow issues or prior issues where you can't straighten your arm? 

Part of why I'm asking is just looking at form details.  I have trouble with my wrists and worry about keeping my lower back in form too.  When I first started lifting near 300 I had issues rolling my shoulders oddly too.

Oh mixed grip is definitely better, there's a reason why people do it. It's much easier to hold on. I've just always heard there is a risk of tearing your bicep but had never dealt with it until today. From this point on i'll be doing what your buddy is doing and use overhand grip with straps. I usually do sumo stance because i have longer legs but today I was doing regular stance.

I'm a tall lean guy, not overly muscular or anything so I've never even considered injuring my arms lifting. My arm straightens out normal and everything. They say keeping your elbows tucked in when lifting the weight helps protect your arms so maybe I wasn't doing that enough.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #1835 on: September 29, 2014, 06:38:46 AM »
What's up with the dumbasses standing six inches from the dumbbell rack doing arm curls? Fuckers shooting dirty looks because you interrupt their set to grab some weights.

Hey dumbass. Move.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: September 29, 2014, 07:37:19 AM »
It's you not them.  They don't shoot looks at true beefcake stud monsters, they just politely make way.  You clearly look like some sort of fuckface pussy and it bothers them. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #1837 on: September 29, 2014, 11:01:18 AM »
Heh. They move, idiot. Even dense dipsticks like you move.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 11:09:25 AM by IPA4Me »

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: September 29, 2014, 11:53:39 AM »
 :D

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: September 29, 2014, 12:22:54 PM »
Maybe they are trying to "run the rack", ipa?

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: September 29, 2014, 03:02:59 PM »
You shouldn't do sets near the rack, it's a nuisance.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #1841 on: September 29, 2014, 03:52:19 PM »
Maybe they are trying to "run the rack", ipa?
Nah. They're just standing close to the mirror and staring at themselves. It's just annoying.

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: September 30, 2014, 03:54:46 PM »
Lets talk music. Ive got about 260 songs on my workout playlist. Its time to diversify though. Anybody got some good tunes they get a pump to?
@Trogdor_gE

The Big Train

« Reply #1843 on: September 30, 2014, 03:56:16 PM »
i listen to dubstep more often than not actually

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: September 30, 2014, 04:00:38 PM »
Thunderstruck on repeat

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1845 on: September 30, 2014, 06:51:43 PM »
I'm weird and can workout to almost anything. Yesterday it was Leonard Cohen.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: September 30, 2014, 08:07:54 PM »
Same.  My mix runs the spectrum from Rap God to Hank's Family Tradition to Bach Cello Suites. All in the same playlist on rando.

I used to warm up to audio books, but haven't done that for a long time.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: September 30, 2014, 08:09:51 PM »
I work out to my own thoughts.  It is rough ridin' intense. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: September 30, 2014, 08:12:14 PM »
Sounds horrible.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: September 30, 2014, 08:15:16 PM »
For giants maybe.  The things I think make me get crazy pumped.