Author Topic: Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats  (Read 328659 times)

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats
« Reply #1700 on: August 08, 2014, 12:44:52 PM »
Listen guys, carbs are not the devil. In fact, they're rough ridin' awesome.
I was reading something last night that talked about carb staggering. Still eating lower amounts of carbs but then a couple nights a week eating a higher amount of good ones (whole grain stuff, fruit,  not junk).  They said you can still achieve the low carb benefits but your body won't hate you as much.

Yea, there's all sorts of variations of carb cycling that people have had success using to achieve their goals. The most important thing is finding the one that you are comfortable with. Comfortable meaning, something that you can implement, follow and aren't constantly tempted to cheat.

I try to avoid dieting plans that leave me feeling deprived, as I've got a bad history with yo-yo dieting and binge eating, thanks to a poor understanding of nutrition and wrestling. My habits probably would have been considered an eating disorder had anyone forced me to see a professional.

I've found that a lot of people on these more restrictive diets fall into the same pattern. They're great at adhering to their diet for a week, sometimes more, then they have a bad day at work or they decide that they'll have a cheat meal, and everything falls apart as they go of on a food binge.

Exactly. Everybody is looking for a quick fix, really its more about developing some semblance of an eating strategy that fits your personality and you can actually live with. The carb scare is likely way overblown. People are just simply way less active than we used to be.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: August 08, 2014, 12:45:52 PM »
CNS, don't put it on top of your wrists. Pick it up in front of your neck/on your shoulders and cross your arms over the bar to hold it there.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: August 08, 2014, 12:48:24 PM »
Are you guys doing bar front squats or DB's?  I do them often with DB's but hate doing them with the bar.  Hurts my wrists.

I've never done them with db's and doubt i ever would. I prefer holding the bar against your front delts in a sort of narrow grip, your wrists should be stable against your body. Stretch your wrists against a wall before you start

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: August 08, 2014, 12:48:42 PM »
CNS, don't put it on top of your wrists. Pick it up in front of your neck/on your shoulders and cross your arms over the bar to hold it there.

This is what most people do

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: August 08, 2014, 01:00:47 PM »
Are you guys doing bar front squats or DB's?  I do them often with DB's but hate doing them with the bar.  Hurts my wrists.

This article should help. http://www.t-nation.com/training/how-to-front-squat-with-straps

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: August 08, 2014, 01:03:56 PM »

I've never done them with db's and doubt i ever would. I prefer holding the bar against your front delts in a sort of narrow grip, your wrists should be stable against your body. Stretch your wrists against a wall before you start

Doing them with DB's allows you to do them as a part of a greater complex without stopping to put down/pick up stuff.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: August 08, 2014, 01:05:59 PM »

Doing them with DB's allows you to do them as a part of a greater complex without stopping to put down/pick up stuff.

But with like, basically no weight.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: August 08, 2014, 01:06:13 PM »

So, get it up there on the front of the shoulders and the hold it with the right hand on top of the part of the bar over the left shoulder and left hand/right shoulder?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: August 08, 2014, 01:07:10 PM »

Well, I am not high pull snatching 315#, or anything.  That is for sure.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: August 08, 2014, 01:09:18 PM »

Well, I am not high pull snatching 315#, or anything.  That is for sure.

I mean, do what you want

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1710 on: August 08, 2014, 01:11:35 PM »
I mean, I wish I could. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats
« Reply #1711 on: August 08, 2014, 01:14:21 PM »
You guys are all studs. Nice work with these weights. Not gE'ing.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: August 08, 2014, 01:20:16 PM »

So, get it up there on the front of the shoulders and the hold it with the right hand on top of the part of the bar over the left shoulder and left hand/right shoulder?

Did I get this right?

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: August 08, 2014, 01:25:07 PM »

Did I get this right?

Yep

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: August 08, 2014, 01:27:35 PM »
Will try it.  Been wanting to get back to heavier squats.  Thanks

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: August 08, 2014, 01:29:54 PM »
Kind of hard to use this guy as an example since he's wearing lifting gloves like a tool, but he is doing this correctly so....

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: August 08, 2014, 02:32:38 PM »

Bar for sure.  Don't put your hands under with your wrists bent back, instead cross your arms in front and place your hands with fingers sort of extended on the bar with your palms facing down at the floor.  Then you raise your elbows up toward the ceiling so they are basically perpendicular with your shoulders straight out in front of you.  The thing is if you are doing them right the bar isn't rolling off your shoulders.  You shouldn't need your hands actively holding it in place.  They are there just in case.  It forces you to have great form or the bar rolls forward. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: August 08, 2014, 02:33:44 PM »
Kind of hard to use this guy as an example since he's wearing lifting gloves like a tool, but he is doing this correctly so....

Yes, this exactly except he should look up with his eyes. Helps out a lot in my experience.  Do not look straight ahead.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: August 08, 2014, 03:10:24 PM »
Get that pump on guys. Come all day and all night.

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: August 08, 2014, 03:22:02 PM »
I mean, the clean grip is far superior for stability compared to all the other ways to rack a front squat bar. Working on your upper back, shoulder and wrist mobility might not be a bad idea. It would benefit you in numerous ways, other than performing a front squat properly.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: August 08, 2014, 03:27:45 PM »
I mean, the clean grip is far superior for stability compared to all the other ways to rack a front squat bar. Working on your upper back, shoulder and wrist mobility might not be a bad idea. It would benefit you in numerous ways, other than performing a front squat properly.

I like it.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: August 08, 2014, 03:31:10 PM »
Anyone heard of movenat.com ?  Seems kind if weird but I like the concept. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #1722 on: August 08, 2014, 03:54:03 PM »
Anyone heard of movenat.com ?  Seems kind if weird but I like the concept.
Yes. One of my favorite endurance athletes and sports med doctors is a leading movenat instructor. Steve Gangemi aka The Sock Doc.

The concept certainly makes sense. Some of the marketing is rather cornball with the caveman stuff.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: August 08, 2014, 07:40:40 PM »
Trying my hand at meathead's carb crushing diet. Just pounded out a pull-day workout. Currently going to town on a large Pan Pepperoni from the Hut and two 12 oz. bottles of Mexi-Pepsi.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: August 08, 2014, 07:42:53 PM »
Doing the same on a 16 pack of miller aluminum bottles