Author Topic: Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats  (Read 328114 times)

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Swolieville
« Reply #1400 on: May 28, 2014, 05:36:25 PM »
I've been trying to become a better trainer and crap and have been going to these seminars lately and the one today talked about how some of these new fad diets that people take crazy seriously can be pretty bad for you and blah blah blah

bottom line..... BE CAREFUL EMAWS

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: May 28, 2014, 07:19:33 PM »
Guys, I've moved from Swolieville to Flabbyville.

:runaway:

How can I help

No need friend. It's just time to ramp up the ol' self discipline.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: May 28, 2014, 10:26:58 PM »
A group at work started doing T-25 in the conference room during lunch a few weeks ago.  I have joined in a couple times.  Kinda meh, but better than nothing when I'm short on time and can't go to the gym during lunch.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: May 28, 2014, 11:54:16 PM »
A group at work started doing T-25 in the conference room during lunch a few weeks ago.  I have joined in a couple times.  Kinda meh, but better than nothing when I'm short on time and can't go to the gym during lunch.

I'm not sure what that is. I'd look it up but I have the feeling you'd be cool with explaining it to me.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: May 29, 2014, 09:16:54 AM »

Is there a shower in your office for use after the T-25?

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: May 29, 2014, 11:09:51 AM »
I'm not sure what that is. I'd look it up but I have the feeling you'd be cool with explaining it to me.
One of those video exercise programs

Is there a shower in your office for use after the T-25?

Yes, locker room and shower in the mens room.  Cannot confirm that everyone uses it however   :Yuck:

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: June 04, 2014, 06:20:21 PM »

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: June 05, 2014, 09:50:13 AM »
Hit a plateau bros, make it go away
@Trogdor_gE

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: June 05, 2014, 09:52:51 AM »
Benja, I've got the lake this week and my bod is in prime shape. I just want to thank the Swolieville thread and to all those who believed in me.

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: June 05, 2014, 09:54:55 AM »
Benja, I've got the lake this week and my bod is in prime shape. I just want to thank the Swolieville thread and to all those who believed in me.

No, you're the real MVP
@Trogdor_gE

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1410 on: June 05, 2014, 09:55:33 AM »

When was your last deload?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: June 05, 2014, 09:58:08 AM »

No, you're the real MVP
:thumbs:

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: June 05, 2014, 10:00:41 AM »

The day I was born
@Trogdor_gE

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: June 05, 2014, 10:15:28 AM »

The day I was born

Might be time to take one then. All this is assuming that you're getting enough food and sleep. Hopefully you're doing some form of myofascial release in addition to stretching.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: June 05, 2014, 11:39:10 AM »

Spread your wings and fly, wackycat. You're a beautiful peacock now.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: June 09, 2014, 09:47:17 AM »
Saw an interesting article regarding nutrition for either fat loss or muscle gain this weekend:

http://www.mensfitness.com/nutrition/what-to-eat/mens-fitness-food-pyramid

I have counted calories for a couple years now but never paid very much attention to what those calories consisted of, other than cutting the obvious stuff like Soda and fast food as much as possible.  This article broke down the nutrition by goal type. 

The protein goal and fat goal are crazy higher than what Myfitness pal uses for weight loss.  It basically tells me that I should be eating 54% more fat and 284% more protein than what myfitnesspal says(They are only off by 2% on carbs from each other).  My concern is that even though the quantity of carbs is similar, they represent a drastically different ratio of my recommended calorie intake between these two sources.   I know there is a lot of conflicting info on the web, but this seems pretty far apart for two reputable sources. 

Thoughts?

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: June 09, 2014, 10:34:59 AM »
Yea, paying attention to macros is pretty damn important.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: June 09, 2014, 11:04:32 AM »
Any of you guys deal with plantar fasciitis? It was getting better after some stretching, resting, and rolling my arch over a cold can of pop but now it's coming back. Am I going to have to get arch supports to put in every pair of shoes I own? (That's a lot.)

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: June 09, 2014, 11:09:02 AM »
Of the people I know that have dealt with it, they have had the best results with a regular regimen of stretching and rolling. I would use a baseball, lacrosse ball or one of the tool's designed for plantar fasciitis and ditch the can of pop.

T's & P's, Mrs. Gooch. These guys are going to be ruthless.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: June 09, 2014, 11:13:15 AM »
I have also used a tennis ball but the can of pop is cold so that helps a little bit too.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: June 09, 2014, 11:18:18 AM »
I have flat feet, so not sure if this works for PF, but Super Green Feet are really awesome, about 30% the cost of what my doc wanted to sell me, and super easy to move from shoe to shoe (like a matter of a couple of seconds).  I have three pair and rotate them as needed from work boots, running shoes, and general sneakers.  Works great for me.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: June 09, 2014, 11:21:10 AM »
I have flat feet, so not sure if this works for PF, but Super Green Feet are really awesome, about 30% the cost of what my doc wanted to sell me, and super easy to move from shoe to shoe (like a matter of a couple of seconds).  I have three pair and rotate them as needed from work boots, running shoes, and general sneakers.  Works great for me.

OK, yes I have been told about Super Green Feet but I thought they adhered into the shoe so I thought I would have to buy them for every pair. So, good info. Thanks.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: June 09, 2014, 11:23:04 AM »
Saw an interesting article regarding nutrition for either fat loss or muscle gain this weekend:

http://www.mensfitness.com/nutrition/what-to-eat/mens-fitness-food-pyramid

I have counted calories for a couple years now but never paid very much attention to what those calories consisted of, other than cutting the obvious stuff like Soda and fast food as much as possible.  This article broke down the nutrition by goal type. 

The protein goal and fat goal are crazy higher than what Myfitness pal uses for weight loss.  It basically tells me that I should be eating 54% more fat and 284% more protein than what myfitnesspal says(They are only off by 2% on carbs from each other).  My concern is that even though the quantity of carbs is similar, they represent a drastically different ratio of my recommended calorie intake between these two sources.   I know there is a lot of conflicting info on the web, but this seems pretty far apart for two reputable sources. 

Thoughts?

I'm about ready to start a cutting diet for a few weeks (my first attempt at this after gaining about 18 pounds over the last 3 months trying to bulk).  One thing I've seem to read and had confirmed by a nutritionist was i should eat most of my carbs within 1.5 hours before or after a workout.  Has anyone had success with this or is it just a bunch of non-sense?
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: June 09, 2014, 12:13:34 PM »

OK, yes I have been told about Super Green Feet but I thought they adhered into the shoe so I thought I would have to buy them for every pair. So, good info. Thanks.

They make other colors than green and the color indicates the height of arch, type of shoe, type of activity, etc.  Dont just buy the green.  You may actually need a diff color.  I have Super Blue feet for my general sneakers, as rhey are basketball shoes and have higher arches to start with.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: June 09, 2014, 12:45:32 PM »

They make other colors than green and the color indicates the height of arch, type of shoe, type of activity, etc.  Dont just buy the green.  You may actually need a diff color.  I have Super Blue feet for my general sneakers, as rhey are basketball shoes and have higher arches to start with.

Yeah, I've already looked into them and I think Green are the ones I actually need.