Author Topic: Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats  (Read 327822 times)

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
Re: Swolieville
« Reply #1325 on: May 13, 2014, 06:34:44 PM »
Took the shoes off to deadlift for first time last night, and will probably never wear them again. Had a much easier time getting thru my work sets and it alleviated quite a bit of my back pain.  :driving:

Good lord dude. Read this thread more often, you could have killed yourself.

:sdeek:

Is there a testimonial thread where I can preach about gE saving my life? Because no shoes was a real game changer.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: May 13, 2014, 07:38:57 PM »
Had a dream last night that I was in a shoe store. Eventually my eyes focused on a pair of red, white and blue flat soled shoes. All of a sudden Metalhead appeared in my dream and told me that those were the shoes I should purchase. "Olympic lifting shoes," he called them.

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: May 13, 2014, 07:47:07 PM »
:lol:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: May 13, 2014, 07:54:42 PM »
I didn't workout for like 5 days in a row last week and all I did during that time was work, eat, and drink. Kinda sad, but oh well. I'll do some abs tonight and call it a day.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: May 13, 2014, 07:58:47 PM »
Took the shoes off to deadlift for first time last night, and will probably never wear them again. Had a much easier time getting thru my work sets and it alleviated quite a bit of my back pain.  :driving:

Good lord dude. Read this thread more often, you could have killed yourself.

:sdeek:

Is there a testimonial thread where I can preach about gE saving my life? Because no shoes was a real game changer.

You don't have to. Just knowing a fellow k-state fan is being healthy is reward enough. I've seen guys deadlifting in basketball shoes. I can only imagine it's only so long until your vertebrae explode.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: May 13, 2014, 07:59:33 PM »
I didn't workout for like 5 days in a row last week and all I did during that time was work, eat, and drink. Kinda sad, but oh well. I'll do some abs tonight and call it a day.

I've been doing nothing but yoga and basketball and volleyball beach

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: May 13, 2014, 08:00:59 PM »
Had a dream last night that I was in a shoe store. Eventually my eyes focused on a pair of red, white and blue flat soled shoes. All of a sudden Metalhead appeared in my dream and told me that those were the shoes I should purchase. "Olympic lifting shoes," he called them.

:emawkid:

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: May 13, 2014, 09:05:52 PM »

pickle the inner beast nicname

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: May 14, 2014, 02:47:10 AM »

Adidas Powerlift 2.0's?

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: May 14, 2014, 02:59:36 AM »

Adidas Powerlift 2.0's?

My dreams aren't that specific.

Actually pretty similar though, except the blue was gray/white, and stripes area was blue. (I dunno if the dream shoes were actually adidas)

You were very confident that I should buy them though.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1335 on: May 14, 2014, 03:15:36 AM »
Those are the only oly shoes I know with that color scheme. I don't know how I ever squatted or pressed in anything else. I'm still on my first pair. I've had them for at least five years now.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: May 14, 2014, 12:41:21 PM »
I got toe shoes and they are pretty Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!). I never wear them now

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: May 14, 2014, 01:28:53 PM »
you seriously bought and wore vibrams?

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: May 14, 2014, 01:39:46 PM »
i know a few guys who wear those. all are massive douchebags.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

The Big Train

« Reply #1339 on: May 14, 2014, 01:40:16 PM »
Guys I haven't visited swolieville for a couple of weeks, I don't remember how to get back there now  :frown:

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: May 14, 2014, 01:42:21 PM »

I don't know what vibrams are, but it sounds like pants that vibrate.  :crossfingers:

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: May 14, 2014, 02:13:40 PM »

I girlfriend bought them for me thinking I love anything workout related. They were adi-pure's, or something like that.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: May 14, 2014, 02:14:21 PM »
They feel and look hilarious.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: May 14, 2014, 03:03:19 PM »

Does it take an hour to put them on?

The Big Train

« Reply #1345 on: May 16, 2014, 01:59:09 PM »
The rec when all the students are gone  :billdance:

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: May 21, 2014, 04:17:52 PM »
So I went to this seminar thingy today where a guy talked mostly about IF but also talked about how you can never lose fat cells they just get smaller. So that's kind of a bummer.

I'm also going to try my first ice bath after working out tonight. Should be interesting.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: May 21, 2014, 04:19:24 PM »

Does it take an hour to put them on?

I only wore them a couple times to be nice. Now I have given them to a friend. But yeah, your toes never line up perfectly with the toe slots, they like to jam two toes into the same slot over and over again. One of several reasons why toe shoes seem really dumb.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: May 21, 2014, 04:25:44 PM »
So I went to this seminar thingy today where a guy talked mostly about IF but also talked about how you can never lose fat cells they just get smaller. So that's kind of a bummer.

I'm also going to try my first ice bath after working out tonight. Should be interesting.

I read an article yesterday on IF.  It said that new studies have shown that it produces better weight loss than eating 6 small meals a day.  It said a substantial breakfast btwn 6am and 10am then a substantial lunch between 11am and 3pm with nothing but a small snack in the evening is probably the best.  The study took something like 60 ppl over a period of 12 weeks.  They split the group into two smaller groups and had one group do IF for the first 6 wks while the other group did the 6 meal thing.  Then, after six weeks, the groups switched diet plans and in both groups IF was the more effective plan. 

I just don't think I can go from 3pm to breakfast without something.   Right now, I basically do the 6 meal thing with lunch and dinner combined accounting for 50% of my calories for the day and the other 50% split amongst breakfast and three snacks.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: May 21, 2014, 04:40:01 PM »

I read an article yesterday on IF.  It said that new studies have shown that it produces better weight loss than eating 6 small meals a day.  It said a substantial breakfast btwn 6am and 10am then a substantial lunch between 11am and 3pm with nothing but a small snack in the evening is probably the best.  The study took something like 60 ppl over a period of 12 weeks.  They split the group into two smaller groups and had one group do IF for the first 6 wks while the other group did the 6 meal thing.  Then, after six weeks, the groups switched diet plans and in both groups IF was the more effective plan. 

I just don't think I can go from 3pm to breakfast without something.   Right now, I basically do the 6 meal thing with lunch and dinner combined accounting for 50% of my calories for the day and the other 50% split amongst breakfast and three snacks.

It's definitely a pretty hardcore way to eat. I've looked into it A LOT and I really think that it just makes it easier for people to eat less and healthier. It's just intuition basically but I don't think if you already eat fairly healthy it's going to make anymore of a difference. I dunno. I did it for 3 months and the biggest benefits were increased energy and focus in the morning (caffeine is key), and increased convenience, because your obviously not stopping to eat anything until 2 or 3.