Author Topic: Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats  (Read 328154 times)

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Swolieville
« Reply #1025 on: April 10, 2014, 08:52:33 PM »

Me yesterday 'till I puked, only less black guy.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: April 10, 2014, 08:53:40 PM »

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: April 10, 2014, 08:55:26 PM »
Ran 4 miles today (down to the river boat and back). Finished up with a 45 minute upper body/ab routine at city gym and finished off the night with two chicken breast and veggies. I'm now icing down with a rum and diet on the rooftop. Feels good you guise.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: April 10, 2014, 08:56:47 PM »
Ran 4 miles today (down to the river boat and back). Finished up with a 45 minute upper body/ab routine at city gym and finished off the night with two chicken breast and veggies. I'm now icing down with a rum and diet on the rooftop. Feels good you guise.

Nice man! It does feel good! Rooftop drinking for the win as well

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: April 10, 2014, 08:59:16 PM »
 :thumbs:

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: April 10, 2014, 08:59:44 PM »
Also the one where he does the plyo pushups with the ropes is an incredibly good way to smash your wrists until pieces if you land awkwardly on the ropes (I was cursed with my moms wrists). Be careful.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: April 10, 2014, 09:01:42 PM »
But you'll be growing muscles you never knew existed if you do a few minutes of this crap as hard as you can at the end of workouts. Weird stabilization fast twitch angry muscle.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: April 10, 2014, 09:06:11 PM »
Jacked up my rotator cuff yesterday doing incline dumbbell presses.  Gonna have to rest for a while and then start the rotator cuff rehab exercises.  Efff.....   :frown:
@mikec2w

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: April 10, 2014, 09:10:52 PM »
Jacked up my rotator cuff yesterday doing incline dumbbell presses.  Gonna have to rest for a while and then start the rotator cuff rehab exercises.  Efff.....   :frown:

I feel like half the people I know have done that. Rotator stuff is a nightmare.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: April 10, 2014, 09:12:29 PM »

I feel like half the people I know have done that. Rotator stuff is a nightmare.

Yeah....when re-starting my lifting routines I should have done a couple weeks of the rehab exercises first.  Ugghhhh.
@mikec2w

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: April 10, 2014, 09:15:27 PM »
I have thrown in some band  and cables excersises as an active rest type thing in between other lifts to keep my rotators straight.  Has worked so far.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: April 10, 2014, 09:17:55 PM »
Let's talk jump rope intervals in between lifts/core workouts. Pretty great, am I right?

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: April 10, 2014, 09:27:21 PM »

Yeah....when re-starting my lifting routines I should have done a couple weeks of the rehab exercises first.  Ugghhhh.

My dad messed his up and it still bothers him five years later. It's gotten better though. He can golf and stuff now. Sorry man. It will get better if you actually do the rehab stuff, which he never really did.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: April 10, 2014, 09:28:14 PM »
I have thrown in some band  and cables excersises as an active rest type thing in between other lifts to keep my rotators straight.  Has worked so far.

Keeping the blood in your shoulders seems to be the best injury prevention technique.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: April 10, 2014, 09:30:50 PM »

My dad messed his up and it still bothers him five years later. It's gotten better though. He can golf and stuff now. Sorry man. It will get better if you actually do the rehab stuff, which he never really did.

I have the TENS unit and ice going right now.  Hopefully will be able to start the rehab stuff by the first part of next week.
@mikec2w

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: April 10, 2014, 09:52:04 PM »

Get some bands from this website. They are the cheapest source I have found. You should be doing pull a-parts and/or face pulls to strengthen the inner parts of your shoulder and your upper back.

http://www.ironwoodyfitness.com/equipment/iron-woody-bands.html

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: April 10, 2014, 09:53:01 PM »

I have the TENS unit and ice going right now.  Hopefully will be able to start the rehab stuff by the first part of next week.

God I feel terrible for you. Messing up my cuff is literally my nightmare.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: April 10, 2014, 09:53:22 PM »

Let's talk jump rope intervals in between lifts/core workouts. Pretty great, am I right?
good lord fanning. Let us know when your girlfriend takes your balls out of her purse and gives them back to you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: April 10, 2014, 09:53:39 PM »

Get some bands from this website. They are the cheapest source I have found. You should be doing pull a-parts and/or face pulls to strengthen the inner parts of your shoulder and your upper back.

Yep. Dad did this for several months, on and off.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: April 10, 2014, 09:57:07 PM »

good lord fanning. Let us know when your girlfriend takes your balls out of her purse and gives them back to you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm never gonna be swoll. I cardio all day, son. Different bodies, genes, and stuff.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: April 10, 2014, 09:57:25 PM »

Thank you sir.  I will start with the bands and then move up to the "girly" 10 and 15 lb dumbbells I have here at the house.
@mikec2w

The Big Train

« Reply #1046 on: April 10, 2014, 09:58:17 PM »
If you guys want shoulder exercises for your shoulder with bands, I may know a bit about it. Besides throwing and running, shoulder band work is about all I did playing ball.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: April 10, 2014, 10:01:38 PM »

Thank you sir.  I will start with the bands and then move up to the "girly" 10 and 15 lb dumbbells I have here at the house.

I believe that I split the athletic package with Demo158. I use them for rehab/ prehab stuff and stretching. The lighter bands are perfect for shoulder stuff, the heavier bands are great for stretching. Dick Hartzell is the mastermind behind "jumpstretch" bands. Here is a link to most of his instructional videos.

https://www.google.com/search?q=dick+hartzell&oq=dick+hartzell&aqs=chrome..69i57.3712j0j1&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=0&ie=UTF-8#q=dick+hartzell&tbm=vid

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: April 10, 2014, 10:01:55 PM »

Have you gone to a doctor or are you just playing it by ear?

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: April 10, 2014, 10:07:10 PM »

Have you gone to a doctor or are you just playing it by ear?

I had the exact same problem a couple of years ago and thought that I had taken it easy enough when I started lifting again this time.  I should have started with a few weeks of the rotator exercises before jumping into a program.  If things don't get better with some rest and then performing the exercise plan I have from the last time, I will see the doc again.
@mikec2w