Author Topic: Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats  (Read 328722 times)

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Fitness Questions!
« Reply #825 on: March 09, 2014, 11:52:18 PM »
Also adding to Benja, lots and lots and lots of bench press reps and bicep curls reduce fat in like days, you also look great

Should have said this off the gitgo. Only important thing really
@Trogdor_gE

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: March 10, 2014, 09:03:02 AM »
Yes turning up kanye as loud as it goes in your headphones and hammering out curls works awesome too

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: March 10, 2014, 11:10:06 AM »
So a fat cell really NEVER dies?

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: March 10, 2014, 11:11:55 AM »
Can any of you guys do a handstand? (like a real handstand for a long time) I would like to learn to do one and any advice is appreciated. TIA

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: March 10, 2014, 11:29:34 AM »

Can any of you guys do a handstand? (like a real handstand for a long time) I would like to learn to do one and any advice is appreciated. TIA
practice with the wall first.. Once you feel stable start by taking one foot off at a time and progress from there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: March 10, 2014, 11:34:20 AM »

balance is VERY important.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #831 on: March 10, 2014, 12:48:24 PM »
Handstand, no. Headstand, yes.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: March 10, 2014, 01:16:39 PM »

practice with the wall first.. Once you feel stable start by taking one foot off at a time and progress from there

I can already do one against a wall. And then I can stay there for about 2-4 seconds after I take my feet from the wall. How do I work on my balance to keep up without the wall?

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: March 10, 2014, 01:18:10 PM »

I can already do one against a wall. And then I can stay there for about 2-4 seconds after I take my feet from the wall. How do I work on my balance to keep up without the wall?

it would probably be easier without legs.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #834 on: March 10, 2014, 01:58:02 PM »

Practice plus core strength.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: March 10, 2014, 02:42:22 PM »
So a fat cell really NEVER dies?

No just get smaller according to latest info. Kinda freaky.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: March 10, 2014, 02:44:26 PM »

And do planks and stuff. I've never really been that great at them though.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: March 10, 2014, 02:57:04 PM »
So I am sort of struggling with the right number of calories to eat per day without putting my body into the "starvation" mode that I have read about.  I am shooting for around 1400-1600 calories per day and hit it very consistently.  Obviously I am trying to get results as quickly as possible, but I don't want to hamper my progress by eating too little.  Is there a magic formula where you can determine the amount of fuel your body needs per day based on your weight loss goal?  Is this "starvation" mode deal real or just made up B.S.?
@mikec2w

The Big Train

« Reply #838 on: March 10, 2014, 03:00:00 PM »
Calories aren't really that big of a deal, the number of reps on bench you pump out is, tho

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: March 10, 2014, 03:04:06 PM »
So I am sort of struggling with the right number of calories to eat per day without putting my body into the "starvation" mode that I have read about.  I am shooting for around 1400-1600 calories per day and hit it very consistently.  Obviously I am trying to get results as quickly as possible, but I don't want to hamper my progress by eating too little.  Is there a magic formula where you can determine the amount of fuel your body needs per day based on your weight loss goal?  Is this "starvation" mode deal real or just made up B.S.?

Starvation mode is BS. It takes almost a week of eating no calories to get there, so you're fine. Especially if you're eating good calories and not saturated fats, etc.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #840 on: March 10, 2014, 03:06:15 PM »

Starvation mode is BS. It takes almost a week of eating no calories to get there, so you're fine. Especially if you're eating good calories and not saturated fats, etc.

I am eating a very protein heavy/low fat diet with minimal carbs coming from processed foods.  Most carbs are coming from fruit and whole grain items.  I also have cut out most boozing....still get to a solid level 7 or so once a month.
@mikec2w

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #841 on: March 10, 2014, 03:14:29 PM »
Don't worry about the fat. If you're exercising, your body uses it for energy. Fat in the diet is good.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: March 10, 2014, 03:21:37 PM »

I am eating a very protein heavy/low fat diet with minimal carbs coming from processed foods.  Most carbs are coming from fruit and whole grain items.  I also have cut out most boozing....still get to a solid level 7 or so once a month.

Some people say your body may start breaking down some muscle after 48 hours, some even earlier, and some say a week, so it's hard to say for sure. You don't have anything to worry about if you are only fasting 14-18 hours a day though. 1400 calories is really low though, I'd be careful going into too much of a calorie deficit, your body responds to weird diets in unpredictable ways sometimes.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: March 10, 2014, 03:25:06 PM »

Some people say your body may start breaking down some muscle after 48 hours, some even earlier, and some say a week, so it's hard to say for sure. You don't have anything to worry about if you are only fasting 14-18 hours a day though. 1400 calories is really low though, I'd be careful going into too much of a calorie deficit, your body responds to weird diets in unpredictable ways sometimes.

I am eating little stuff every couple hours and trying to drink a crap ton of water.  Also, most days I am closer to 1600 than 1400.
@mikec2w

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: March 10, 2014, 04:33:56 PM »

I am eating little stuff every couple hours and trying to drink a crap ton of water.  Also, most days I am closer to 1600 than 1400.

Cals all depend on your weight, age, activity level in your normal day, and what/how much you do when you work out.  It is pretty different for everyone.  The best way to get a handle on it is to get an app.  Also, know this, most apps, even the good ones, over estimate your calories burned. 

My recommendation would be to DL MyfitnessPal on your phone, enter stuff into it before you eat it, then monitor as you eat and as you workout(you enter all exercise outside your normal day).  It will let you set a goal of how much to lose a week and track it for you.

Also, as for deficeit, there has been a lot of studies on this and most of the recent ones say that averaging 1# per week is they best way to do it and gives you a much higher likelihood of maintaining your loss over a long period of time.  As you approach 2#'s or higher per week, ppl have a pretty high likelihood of regaining it back.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: March 10, 2014, 04:37:14 PM »
I am using myfitnesspal and it is awesome.  It really helps me keep track of what I eat throughout the day.  Based on what I put in there, it is telling me my goal is around 1800 cals per day.  I've just been trying to accelerate the process by eating a few hundred cals less per day.  Maybe I am screwing up :dunno:.
@mikec2w

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: March 10, 2014, 05:10:07 PM »
I don't think it is screwing up, I just think the more aggressive you go, the harder it will be to eventually stop and maintain.  If you ease into it, stopping will feel somewhat the same as it did while losing.  Adding only a couple hundred cals back to your diet won't feel like much of a change to maintain.  While adding several hundred back to your diet could feel like a change. 

That is why yo-yo diets are what they are.  Drastic changes. 

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: March 10, 2014, 05:10:52 PM »
Do what you want, but I'd aim for no more than a 200 cal deficit. More than that really doesn't accelerate the process much and can make you feel crummy and lose muscle mass.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #848 on: March 10, 2014, 07:11:37 PM »
Do what you want, but I'd aim for no more than a 200 cal deficit. More than that really doesn't accelerate the process much and can make you feel crummy and lose muscle mass.
Solid advice right there.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: March 10, 2014, 07:33:39 PM »

So, if the app says I need 1823 calories I shouldn't drop much below 1600...right?  Also, on the days when I workout do I need to eat a little more or can I use that as bonus burn?
@mikec2w