Author Topic: Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats  (Read 328731 times)

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Fitness Questions!
« Reply #800 on: March 06, 2014, 05:34:05 PM »
what weight on the blob? just googled it looks awesome

This one's only 30. It's half of a 65lb dumbbell. Training for it yesterday I held it for 45 seconds.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: March 06, 2014, 07:59:23 PM »
I have been intermittent fasting for the last month. If anyone wants to try some craziness give that a shot.

I started a thread about this a while ago. I didn't do it long enough to see any results. I lost a bunch of weight recently by doing very, very minimal carbs, drinking only once a week, and fasting once a week. Now I'm training for a weight lifting competition so I eat carbs, but only after workouts. Basically a  lazy man's version of carb backloading.
Drinking once a week is my weight loss trick. I love to have a couple of pints with dinner while traveling for biz. It sure does add up on my waistline. I've dropped three pounds this week - no travel and a six pack spread over the last two Saturdays. I need to be more disciplined while traveling.

What kind of weightlifting comp?

Male Division
1) 1 rep max Log Press (3 attempts give to lifters)

2) 405lb dead lift for max reps in 1 minute and 30 seconds

3) Farmer walks with 200lb per hand/Distance for time

4) BLOB grip for time

5) Tire flip/HEAVY prowler medley (600-700lb tire will be used)

:horrorsurprise:

:thumbs:

The Big Train

« Reply #802 on: March 06, 2014, 08:10:18 PM »
I've seen stevesie palm a 30 pound medicine ball for 45 minutes

:jerk:

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: March 06, 2014, 10:04:02 PM »
I've seen stevesie palm a 30 pound medicine ball for 45 minutes

:jerk:
Thats bitch weight
@Trogdor_gE

Offline Rob_Cassidy

• Fan
  • patchy bearded douchebag in Miami
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: March 07, 2014, 10:01:25 AM »
Make me a beginner workout plan for a 32 year old guy who can do 20 pushups who refuses to go to the beefcake free weight area of my gym but wants to get studlier. 

Would you be willing to workout at home?

yes, but I only have carpet, 25 lbs. dumbells and soul at home

You could get in a fairly effective workout with just the dumbells and about six square feet of space. Invest in a chin up bar that hangs in a door and you can make some honest to God muscle gains

Simple Example:
Legs: Dumbell squats, dumbell deadlifts, dumbell lunges, wall sits

Chest, shoulders and triceps (pushing movements): Pushups, dumbell press, dumbell shoulder press, skull crushers or kickbacks

Back and biceps (pulling movements): Chin ups, pull ups, dumbell rows, curls

good grief, I'm not training for wrestlemania.

I am. The way I look at it, if you're going to be in the building, you have to be ready to have a match at any moment. Plus, I don't want Hulk Hogan to see me and think I haven't been training, saying my prayers and taking my vitamins.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: March 07, 2014, 10:13:50 AM »
Make me a beginner workout plan for a 32 year old guy who can do 20 pushups who refuses to go to the beefcake free weight area of my gym but wants to get studlier. 

You could get in a fairly effective workout with just the dumbells and about six square feet of space. Invest in a chin up bar that hangs in a door and you can make some honest to God muscle gains

Simple Example:

Chest, shoulders and triceps (pushing movements): Pushups, dumbell press, dumbell shoulder press, skull crushers or kickbacks

I am. The way I look at it, if you're going to be in the building, you have to be ready to have a match at any moment. Plus, I don't want Hulk Hogan to see me and think I haven't been training, saying my prayers and taking my vitamins.

@mikec2w

Offline Rob_Cassidy

• Fan
  • patchy bearded douchebag in Miami
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: March 07, 2014, 10:19:56 AM »

Simple Example:

Seriously, though. I'm down 25 pounds since moving to Texas and closing in on my high schools weight. Been doing some combination of distance running and sprints on a stationary bike six times a week with some light weight lifting mixed in. I'm probably pretty shitty at fitness, though, because I don't take protein and I just kinda lift and run until I'm really sweaty/tired. 

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: March 07, 2014, 10:23:08 AM »
Grats Rob.  I've dropped about 25 lbs myself since the first of the year.  Been eating a lot less/better and supplementing meals with protein shakes.  My wife has me doing the Insanity DVD's with her in the morning too.  I hope to drop at lot more still....  :cheers: <----  but with protein shakes instead of brews 
@mikec2w

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: March 07, 2014, 12:17:30 PM »
I'm probably pretty shitty at fitness, though, because I don't take protein and I just kinda lift and run until I'm really sweaty/tired. 

lol

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: March 07, 2014, 12:17:50 PM »
Good job everybody! Good job Rob!

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #810 on: March 07, 2014, 01:18:04 PM »
If I start right now, what do I need to do in order to be in shape for the FPD orgy (ies)?

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: March 07, 2014, 01:20:46 PM »
If I start right now, what do I need to do in order to be in shape for the FPD orgy (ies)?

Gonna win 'em all!

kegels are you plan here. get a good pump on and make sure to get your orgies over with before the D.O.M.S. kicks in.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: March 07, 2014, 01:48:42 PM »

Gonna win 'em all!

Glamour muscles so you get invited, thrusters for when the time comes

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: March 07, 2014, 02:15:54 PM »

Gonna win 'em all!

Glamour muscles so you get invited, thrusters for when the time comes
So the kegels are the glamour muscles? I got this.

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #814 on: March 09, 2014, 12:14:18 PM »
Guess they didn't like the hard fouls in the paint.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2014/03/07/big-gym-fight-has-police-hoping-la-fitness-beefs-up-security/

Holy effin racist comments.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: March 09, 2014, 12:29:36 PM »
holy crap those comments. :sdeek:

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: March 09, 2014, 02:12:42 PM »
Benja,  should I shoot for moderate muscle mass with 10-12 % body fat or massive mass with like 18-20% body fat?  I'm leaning towards the moderately muscled but less body fat. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: March 09, 2014, 02:23:11 PM »
Benja,  should I shoot for moderate muscle mass with 10-12 % body fat or massive mass with like 18-20% body fat?  I'm leaning towards the moderately muscled but less body fat. 

Depends if you ever want to take your shirt off and feel semi-decent about yourself, or if you just plan on wearing t-shirts and tank tops that show off your bulging fat-and-muscle-combo arms for the rest of your life.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: March 09, 2014, 02:24:01 PM »
Also let me know if you want an actual serious answer and I'll give you one.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: March 09, 2014, 02:27:07 PM »
Guess they didn't like the hard fouls in the paint.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2014/03/07/big-gym-fight-has-police-hoping-la-fitness-beefs-up-security/

Holy effin racist comments.

LA fitness's are nice gyms usually. That was a really strange scene. I'm trying to figure out why so many people had their shirts tucked in.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: March 09, 2014, 02:41:32 PM »
BTW trying to build some muscle and maintain fairly low body fat is pretty rough ridin' miserable at times. You have to just accept that.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: March 09, 2014, 02:51:53 PM »

Yea I'm being serious, I have been big in the past (6'1 215 lots of muscle but very little definition) and would really like to be like 175 with a nice lean mass with low enough body fat to get really good definition. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: March 09, 2014, 03:27:42 PM »

Yea I'm being serious, I have been big in the past (6'1 215 lots of muscle but very little definition) and would really like to be like 175 with a nice lean mass with low enough body fat to get really good definition. 

Alright real answer and what most people would probably tell you is that you should try to cut first. Basically, eat really well and at a caloric deficit while trying to maintain what muscle you have. Basically keep doing the same weight workouts you are doing but eat a lot less cals and fat (track your calories and make sure you are at a small calorie deficit each day) and keep doing it until you are at the weight and body fat % you want. Another way is intermittent fasting which is a whole other thing. It sounds pretty crappy and it is; that's why most people who put on some body fat never get it off again, it sucks, and it's really hard to lose body fat without losing muscle and becoming skinny fat. And once you get to the BF% you want you can't go back to how you ate before. When you gain fat cells, you actually can never lose them again, they just become smaller if you diet and workout correctly, so it's much easier to gain fat again if you eat bad.

So basically what you're asking is the hardest thing to accomplish in fitness. But it can be done, it just takes a ton of organization and motivation for a few months.

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: March 09, 2014, 10:31:34 PM »
Adding to Benja, nutrition is one of the biggest factors. Also, going to the gym consistently and having a consistent sleep schedule are important too.
@Trogdor_gE

The Big Train

« Reply #824 on: March 09, 2014, 11:02:46 PM »
Also adding to Benja, lots and lots and lots of bench press reps and bicep curls reduce fat in like days, you also look great