Author Topic: felix rex moves to Cairo  (Read 257583 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: felix rex moves to Cairo
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2012, 07:16:01 AM »
dig up a mummy

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
felix rex moves to Cairo
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2012, 09:25:46 PM »
Curt is in Isreal and tweets about watching all of our games.  Dscott asked him how since sometimes ESPN3 doesn't work, and he said that he "knows of another site...".  Tweet @ curt.  He could probs hook you up on where to watch the cats.

Step 1 tonight: tweet curt. I'm already greased up from a night on U street complete with half smokes and a meandering walk to madame's Organ (blues tonight), so I can totally play it cool. We will be couch surfing by Rabat (even if the venezuelan crossword conspirators go through and assassinate Chavez's brother that morning). So, file that under "done, things that need to be."
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
felix rex moves to Cairo
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2012, 09:28:29 PM »
If you buy a vehicle over there make sure it meets EPA emissions standards.  Pretty sure they don't have the same restrictions as here.  That is if you were going to bring it back to the states.   :dunno:

Am buying a land cruiser from an outgoing diplomat. Compete with elite DIPLOMAT tags.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline chunkles

• KSU CATS Videographer of the Week
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2012, 09:35:44 PM »
get them to post here

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2012, 12:09:05 AM »
I though K-State alums aren't cultured, are hayseeds, never leave Kansas, et al.

Beems?

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2012, 08:21:26 AM »
dig up a mummy

This is quality advice.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2012, 10:04:33 AM »
If you buy a vehicle over there make sure it meets EPA emissions standards.  Pretty sure they don't have the same restrictions as here.  That is if you were going to bring it back to the states.   :dunno:

Am buying a land cruiser from an outgoing diplomat. Compete with elite DIPLOMAT tags.

Sweet dude!  :thumbs:

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2012, 11:49:27 AM »

Do completely outlandish stuff and them scream at everyone that you have diplomatic immunity.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2012, 11:57:09 AM »

Do completely outlandish stuff and them scream at everyone that you have diplomatic immunity.

Have a video recording the entire incident and then when you come back to the states, make an '80's movie about Egyptian mafia getting away with murder using the video.

Offline EuroCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2012, 04:18:24 PM »
for the love of christ don't buy a nice car over there. It's gonna get hit, scratched, broken into, etc. Driving there is as bad as Istanbul, which is nearly as bad as Mumbai.

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2012, 05:39:50 PM »
DON'T perform "walk like an egyptian" as an attempt to calm an awkward situation with a local.

Offline 3maw

• lurk'r extrodinaire
  • Combo-Fan
  • #TeamAldi
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2012, 07:26:05 PM »
http://www.firstrowsports.eu/

8.5/10....worked great from europe for mbb, all march madness, nhl playoffs.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
felix rex moves to Cairo
« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2012, 07:27:18 PM »
for the love of christ don't buy a nice car over there. It's gonna get hit, scratched, broken into, etc. Driving there is as bad as Istanbul, which is nearly as bad as Mumbai.

Aw, c'moooon. I can get them at a great embassy rate since they can only be sold to diplomats like myself.

Also, I'm currently stress evaluating my wife to see if she could handle both cats mysteriously being disappeared right before we left for the airport. What a pain in the ass. Give me a rough ridin' break, Germany. I'm just flying them through, not applying for their citizenships.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2012, 07:37:11 PM »
take a pic of the menu at your la hacienda (if you have one) and post it. tia.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
felix rex moves to Cairo
« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2012, 08:16:36 PM »
take a pic of the menu at your la hacienda (if you have one) and post it. tia.

Does El Chico count?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2012, 08:20:46 PM »
oh wow, that looks so authentic!

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2012, 07:01:01 AM »
Nobody prepares pork like the Egyptians.   :lick:
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
felix rex moves to Cairo
« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2012, 09:47:05 AM »

Aw, c'moooon. I can get them at a great embassy rate since they can only be sold to diplomats like myself.

Also, I'm currently stress evaluating my wife to see if she could handle both cats mysteriously being disappeared right before we left for the airport. What a pain in the ass. Give me a rough ridin' break, Germany. I'm just flying them through, not applying for their citizenships.

Cat update?

You may be able to have Clams cat-sit them for an extended period of time.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2012, 11:32:00 AM »
Judging by photos of Cairo food I am guessing white midwesterners would love Cairo

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
felix rex moves to Cairo
« Reply #69 on: June 12, 2012, 01:58:41 PM »
Judging by photos of Cairo food I am guessing white midwesterners would love Cairo

Aside from the kabob, I'm told they have the best falafel in the world (although it's not really falafel I'm told).

Also, ticket is booked on 28 June  united flight but Lufthansa metal. IAD to Frankfurt to Cairo.

And since Lufthansa and United have a current dispute over pet fees which would potentially force us to pay around 1,000 for two cats (including re-clearing them through customs in Frankfurt) and since Mrs Rex has a little bundle of bills in the oven, today is currently a "dump the cats" day.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2012, 03:01:05 PM »

Aside from the kabob, I'm told they have the best falafel in the world (although it's not really falafel I'm told).

Also, ticket is booked on 28 June  united flight but Lufthansa metal. IAD to Frankfurt to Cairo.

And since Lufthansa and United have a current dispute over pet fees which would potentially force us to pay around 1,000 for two cats (including re-clearing them through customs in Frankfurt) and since Mrs Rex has a little bundle of bills in the oven, today is currently a "dump the cats" day.

take it to the kids thread you future dad
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2012, 12:01:43 AM »

take it to the kids thread you future dad

Yes, I'm going to be a f***er. On the upside, at least I waited until moving to a country with low population growth, right? Right....?

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2012, 01:22:35 PM »
Good lord. I have never seen anything remotely like it.  :ohno: and  :pray: and  :runaway: all while the driver is  :driving: like a beast and people walk across the road w/o a care in the world...human frogger.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 17, 2012, 01:17:49 PM »
Hey, Eurocat. Any advice on what smartphone to get? I've been told to buy an unlocked one here and then get the plan there. I'm probably just gonna get an iPhone because I'm lazy that way and hate researching that kind of stuff.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2012, 09:26:43 AM »
so, how's that pending military coup treating you so far?