Author Topic: The pandering is just unreal  (Read 4832 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The pandering is just unreal
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2012, 03:08:05 PM »

The real danger of an Obama second term is supreme court appointees and cap & trade type regulations along with the rogue EPA. They will simply crush any type of manufacturing recovery and energy prices will dwarf what we see today. Obama will also let the tax cuts expire, raising taxes on everyone and everything.

and take our guns, and force our baby girls to get abortions, then he will make Islam the state religion cause he's a dictator and stuff...    :jerk:

[/quote]

Wait, are you saying theres a difference bw Romney and Obama on things like cap and trade, taxes, supreme court nominees, and ObamaCare? That's just... Laughable? Other than that, though, no big differences.
[/quote]

ObamaCare??? really that is how you are going to juxtapose these canidates :facepalm:

ObamaCare is basically at it's core the MASScare system Romney put in place as Governor.  In fact it was Romney who pushed Obama to include the now infamous, to conservatives at least, individual mandate.  Also with his history are you sure that Romney would appoint ustices that would be anti-abortion (since that is all conservatives really seem to want out of a Justice)? 

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/03/02/1070346/-Mitt-Romney-urged-President-Obama-to-propose-individual-mandate
 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
[/quote]

That's a nice talking point, and Romney may very well be flip floppin on the issue, but are you seriously suggesting that Romney would not sign any legislation handed to him that repeals ObamaCare? He has promised repeatedly that this is item 1. Thus, pointing to his previous position, beyond the flip flop, is meaningless.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2012, 03:14:47 PM »
nice talking point???

you are saying the 1 item he would change is the 1 national policy item that he had a hand in creating and is also the 1 item that most closley resembles his hallmark piece of work as a governor. 

ohhh now i totally see how they are different, he doesn't like those things now cause they won't get him elected.  Hey KSU see how this thing just came full circle "the Pandering is just unreal."

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2012, 03:36:08 PM »
nice talking point???

you are saying the 1 item he would change is the 1 national policy item that he had a hand in creating and is also the 1 item that most closley resembles his hallmark piece of work as a governor. 

ohhh now i totally see how they are different, he doesn't like those things now cause they won't get him elected.  Hey KSU see how this thing just came full circle "the Pandering is just unreal."

If you want to call it pandering, fine, but the point remains that he has promised to repeal ObamaCare, and has emphasized that this is his FIRST priority. I you really think he's going to break that promise, I think you are a little delusional.

This underscores the importance of keeping the house and taking the Senate. All will be necessary to fully repeal this monstrosity. 
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2012, 03:37:49 PM »
nice talking point???

If you want to call it pandering, fine, but the point remains that he has promised to repeal ObamaCare, and has emphasized that this is his FIRST priority. I you really think he's going to break that promise, I think you are a little delusional.

This underscores the importance of keeping the house and taking the Senate. All will be necessary to fully repeal this monstrosity.

I really thought Obama would close Guantanamo (hoped he wouldn't though) and repeal the Patriot Act (really hoped he would).

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
The pandering is just unreal
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2012, 03:52:19 PM »
I believe he would repeal it.

I do not believe that he thinks repealing it is a good idea.

Part of the reason I think that Barry and Mitt are far more similar than you care to believe.

Online john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2012, 03:54:51 PM »
nice talking point???

I really thought Obama would close Guantanamo (hoped he wouldn't though) and repeal the Patriot Act (really hoped he would).

Well, reality got in the way of those two promises. There won't be the same problem ending a gigantic boondoggle that was going to cost us trillions of dollars that the majority did not want in the first place.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2012, 04:16:28 PM »
nice talking point???

Well, reality got in the way of those two promises. There won't be the same problem ending a gigantic boondoggle that was going to cost us trillions of dollars that the majority did not want in the first place.

There will be if he doesn't have a republican majority in both houses.

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2012, 04:35:23 PM »
Obama will also let the tax cuts expire, raising taxes on everyone and everything.*

*back to levels the middle class paid in the 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's.......

Online john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2012, 04:38:30 PM »
nice talking point???

There will be if he doesn't have a republican majority in both houses.

If you recall, Barack had to buy democrat votes to get this thing through despite having a huge majority in both.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2012, 05:01:01 PM »
Fsd, they ( your guys, whoever they are) run on the platform of reducing the size, but they never actually do.  Where have you been dude?  The way to reduce, hate to say, is closer to what the Weather did than Mitt or Newt.

Sucks but true.  Don't really even have to debate this.  Or at least I assume I don't.

This is an intellectually dishonest argument I will not debate. You're crossing ideology with reality. The only way govt gets shrunk is if the repubs get the house, Senate and exec.  Absent that, all efforts to curtail are praiseworthy.

goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2012, 05:12:05 PM »

It is, of course, true that Bush was not as fiscally conservative as many of us wish, but this does not mean that Romney will be no more fiscally conservative than Obama. That is simply asinine.

This.

The Dems candidate is such a heaping pile of crap that they are trying to say he is basically the same Mitt, knowing that such a thought is abhorrent to the far right, in an effort to demoralize, further divide the party.   Have you ever heard a lib put forward a single coherent and factual reason why b.o. should be reelected? No

Once this primary is over, such doubts will fade and the right will rally around Mitt, because the alternative remains a heaping pile of crap.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2012, 08:15:46 PM »
You guys are lying to yourselves. The Rs had their turn and we ended up with the worst economy in 80 years. Then the dems had theirs and all they did about it was cram through a health care bill that no one wanted.

Just face it, when the politicians work for corporations our vote doesnt count anymore.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2012, 08:29:33 PM »
The Rs had their turn and we ended up with the worst economy in 80 years.

These sort of rank over-simplifications are maddening. Would you please explain how "the Rs" caused "the worst economy in 80 years"? Are you sure Democrats had nothing to with the sub-prime mortgage crisis which caused the recession?

You might want to Google "Barney Frank" and "Fannie Mae." Or, you can give this a read, for starters. To be sure, both parties contributed to the sub-prime mortgage crisis, but Frank (D) is probably more at fault than any other single individual.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 08:38:54 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2012, 08:52:42 PM »
Fsd, they ( your guys, whoever they are) run on the platform of reducing the size, but they never actually do.  Where have you been dude?  The way to reduce, hate to say, is closer to what the Weather did than Mitt or Newt.

Sucks but true.  Don't really even have to debate this.  Or at least I assume I don't.

This is an intellectually dishonest argument I will not debate. You're crossing ideology with reality. The only way govt gets shrunk is if the repubs get the house, Senate and exec.  Absent that, all efforts to curtail are praiseworthy.

Yeah, I have a shitty way of doing that.   :flush: