Author Topic: The pandering is just unreal  (Read 4833 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The pandering is just unreal
« on: March 04, 2012, 05:00:44 PM »
Obama invites himself to a women's college to give commencement address. The timing seems oddly convenient. Perhaps there will be talk of "women's health" and/or "women's reproductive health."

Ironically, now that Obama has seized his next pandering pedestal, the originally scheduled speaker, New York Time's Exec Editor Jill Abramson - a woman, as it were - has been given the boot.

And - wait for it - Jill will be very publicly given another speaking opportunity to reduce any political blowback.

Pander, pander, pander, and yet, the libs never feel insulted. They just gobble it up by the spoonfull.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The pandering is just unreal
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 08:26:52 PM »
The republican party is putting this issue on a tee for Obama. You can hardly blame him for hitting it out of the park.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 08:34:12 PM »
The republican party is putting this issue on a tee for Obama. You can hardly blame him for hitting it out of the park.

I blame both.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 09:34:24 PM »
Will he call the graduating class sluts/prostitutes and demand to see a video of them having sex?

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 11:31:48 PM »
Will he call the graduating class sluts/prostitutes and demand to see a video of them having sex?

:crossfingers:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 11:57:19 AM »
Pandering???

Do you mean this kind?

Or this kind?

1. To act as a go-between or liaison in sexual intrigues; function as a procurer.

:dunno:

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 12:41:09 PM »
In this case it would clearly be the second choice.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 01:04:57 PM »
 :gocho:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 06:19:06 PM »
Pandering???

Do you mean this kind?

Political, sure, but to whom was Bush pandering in this picture? Seems to have been meant to encourage all Americans.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2012, 08:57:00 PM »
B.O. is the stereotypical politician. Like Mayor Quimby. He's never said anything that wasn't drenched in rhetoric and/or motivated by anything other than his own reelection. He doesn't give a rats ass about you or me, just himself and his money grubbing, arm chair entrepreneur cronies.  He doest even try to disguise it; it's as transparent as glass. The fact that so many ignorant fools choose to believe otherwise is much more frightening than even the worst of religions.

Good to see the bots have abondoned his character and motives and are back to the adolescent "but Bush did this, so when my false idol does it, it's okay". Only a lunatic would plead such false logic.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2012, 10:46:43 PM »
B.O. is the stereotypical politician. Like Mayor Quimby. He's never said anything that wasn't drenched in rhetoric and/or motivated by anything other than his own reelection. He doesn't give a rats ass about you or me, just himself and his money grubbing, arm chair entrepreneur cronies.  He doest even try to disguise it; it's as transparent as glass. The fact that so many ignorant fools choose to believe otherwise is much more frightening than even the worst of religions.

Good to see the bots have abondoned his character and motives and are back to the adolescent "but Bush did this, so when my false idol does it, it's okay". Only a lunatic would plead such false logic.

None of the GOP candidates care about you or me either bud.  Sorry.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2012, 05:30:44 PM »

None of the GOP candidates care about you or me either bud.  Sorry.

Well, I guess we should all give up.

IMO, anyone who is serious about reducing the size, no, curtailing the expansion of government, cares about me.  We are heading down the exact same road Europe is enduring right now, and no one seems to care, in fact, half the country is excited about it.  I feel like we're living in the movie Idiocracy.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2012, 07:31:17 PM »
who is the candidate you support and/or would appoint to office regardless of election?

i don't think i've ever seen you mention it.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2012, 09:42:52 PM »
Fsd, they ( your guys, whoever they are) run on the platform of reducing the size, but they never actually do.  Where have you been dude?  The way to reduce, hate to say, is closer to what the Weather did than Mitt or Newt.

Sucks but true.  Don't really even have to debate this.  Or at least I assume I don't. 

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2012, 10:54:20 PM »
Fsd, they ( your guys, whoever they are) run on the platform of reducing the size, but they never actually do.  Where have you been dude?  The way to reduce, hate to say, is closer to what the Weather did than Mitt or Newt.

Sucks but true.  Don't really even have to debate this.  Or at least I assume I don't.

the "anyone but Obama" mentality causes a mental block to all of what you said. Funny how quickly Reps forget about what Bush did to expand government....nation building, medicare, 2 wars, Patriot Act, bail outs. None of which are "conservative" under any definition.

Theres no doubt that Romney, Newt, and Rick arent any different. The only candidate that has learned anything from history and is serious about shrinking government is labeled an out of touch goon, and then ignored and slandered by the news networks. Sadly enough it has worked because Americans are so dumb and racist (towards Muslims).

In a world where you only choice is Mitt and Obama, your vote doesnt count. FSD is right...we should just give up.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2012, 08:29:24 AM »

the "anyone but Obama" mentality causes a mental block to all of what you said. Funny how quickly Reps forget about what Bush did to expand government....nation building, medicare, 2 wars, Patriot Act, bail outs. None of which are "conservative" under any definition.

Theres no doubt that Romney, Newt, and Rick arent any different. The only candidate that has learned anything from history and is serious about shrinking government is labeled an out of touch goon, and then ignored and slandered by the news networks. Sadly enough it has worked because Americans are so dumb and racist (towards Muslims).

In a world where you only choice is Mitt and Obama, your vote doesnt count. FSD is right...we should just give up.

The nation building, medicare, 2 wars and bail outs are "compassionate conservatism". The Patriot Act, well, has patriot in the name, so if you don't vote for that, you should just move to France.

Seriously, though, when you are faced with a choice between Mitt and Obama, I think you should just vote for who you think is the better human being. Both of them have policies that are awful. Obama is much more likeable than Mitt, imo. I really think that Mitt will repeal Obamacare, which would be a huge plus for him if he had any plans for something to replace it. I will follow the debates and vote based upon foreign policy if there is actually a difference between them (there probably isn't).

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2012, 09:19:32 AM »

The nation building, medicare, 2 wars and bail outs are "compassionate conservatism". The Patriot Act, well, has patriot in the name, so if you don't vote for that, you should just move to France.

Seriously, though, when you are faced with a choice between Mitt and Obama, I think you should just vote for who you think is the better human being. Both of them have policies that are awful. Obama is much more likeable than Mitt, imo. I really think that Mitt will repeal Obamacare, which would be a huge plus for him if he had any plans for something to replace it. I will follow the debates and vote based upon foreign policy if there is actually a difference between them (there probably isn't).

This sort of thinking, that there is little difference between a President Romney or Obama, is just baffling to me. The men themselves have obvious ideological differences, but put that aside for a moment. Remember that the parties have core ideological differences. Having a Republican in the white house - any Republican - is essential to advancing any semblance of a conservative agenda. The same is true for Democrats advancing a liberal agenda. A Republican government will craft a much smaller budget than a Democrat government, even if it still "too big." A Republican government will craft a far less progressive tax code than a Democrat government, even if it remains progressive. The differences go on and on.

It is, of course, true that Bush was not as fiscally conservative as many of us wish, but this does not mean that Romney will be no more fiscally conservative than Obama. That is simply asinine.

Finally, the passage of a vast new entitlement program, ObamaCare, when we cannot afford the ones we already have, in their current form, is THE most important issue of this election. If you are fiscally conservative and concerned about our massive deficits, you must be concerned about this. That alone is a massive difference between the candidates.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 09:22:52 AM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2012, 10:27:48 AM »
A Republican government will craft a much smaller budget than a Democrat government, even if it still "too big."

Yeah, I don't believe that for a second.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2012, 10:37:05 AM »
A Republican government will craft a much smaller budget than a Democrat government, even if it still "too big."

Yeah, I don't believe that for a second.

Ok, get rid of the "much." Do you really believe that the government will grow at the same rate regardless of which party controls the government? Maybe there was a time when that was true, but that was before 1.5 trillion dollar deficits. Most Republicans seem to grasp the gravity of the situation.

There is a difference in the two parties' policies and goals. To suggest otherwise is foolishly jaded.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2012, 10:49:46 AM »
Ok, get rid of the "much." Do you really believe that the government will grow at the same rate regardless of which party controls the government? Maybe there was a time when that was true, but that was before 1.5 trillion dollar deficits. Most Republicans seem to grasp the gravity of the situation.

There is a difference in the two parties' policies and goals. To suggest otherwise is foolishly jaded.

Yes, I do believe the government will grow at the same rate with republican or democrats. Why? Neither will seriously curtail entitlements or defense. Republicans may say they will cut entitlements, but they won't when it's time to go into the details of what gets cut.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2012, 11:06:15 AM »

Yes, I do believe the government will grow at the same rate with republican or democrats. Why? Neither will seriously curtail entitlements or defense. Republicans may say they will cut entitlements, but they won't when it's time to go into the details of what gets cut.

Well, then eff it, I guess. I'm curious, with that outlook, what are you doing to plan for the future? Investing in gold? Or are you going the more practical route of stockpiling cans and ammo in the basement?

Something's gotta give. The republicans have made the debt and economy the lead issues. Democrats are whistling along, saying everything is fine. I think I'll make my stand with the party who at least acknowledges we have a problem. Ultimately, we're gonna need drastically higher taxes, or reduce our spending. Seems to be a pretty important difference between the parties.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 11:07:49 AM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2012, 11:22:34 AM »
the belief that there is a large ideological divide between Mitt and Barry is laughable.

:lol:

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2012, 12:00:21 PM »
the belief that there is a large ideological divide between Mitt and Barry is laughable.

The real danger of an Obama second term is supreme court appointees and cap & trade type regulations along with the rogue EPA. They will simply crush any type of manufacturing recovery and energy prices will dwarf what we see today. Obama will also let the tax cuts expire, raising taxes on everyone and everything.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2012, 12:21:06 PM »

The real danger of an Obama second term is supreme court appointees and cap & trade type regulations along with the rogue EPA. They will simply crush any type of manufacturing recovery and energy prices will dwarf what we see today. Obama will also let the tax cuts expire, raising taxes on everyone and everything.

Wait, are you saying theres a difference bw Romney and Obama on things like cap and trade, taxes, supreme court nominees, and ObamaCare? That's just... Laughable? Other than that, though, no big differences.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2012, 02:48:22 PM »

[/quote]

and take our guns, and force our baby girls to get abortions, then he will make Islam the state religion cause he's a dictator and stuff...    :jerk:

[/quote]

Wait, are you saying theres a difference bw Romney and Obama on things like cap and trade, taxes, supreme court nominees, and ObamaCare? That's just... Laughable? Other than that, though, no big differences.
[/quote]

ObamaCare??? really that is how you are going to juxtapose these canidates :facepalm:

ObamaCare is basically at it's core the MASScare system Romney put in place as Governor.  In fact it was Romney who pushed Obama to include the now infamous, to conservatives at least, individual mandate.  Also with his history are you sure that Romney would appoint ustices that would be anti-abortion (since that is all conservatives really seem to want out of a Justice)? 

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/03/02/1070346/-Mitt-Romney-urged-President-Obama-to-propose-individual-mandate
 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: