Author Topic: flow chart  (Read 9665 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
flow chart
« on: March 01, 2012, 11:09:26 AM »

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
flow chart
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 12:31:28 PM »
I love flow charts

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: flow chart
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 12:51:34 PM »
I liked the part about "regional environmental groups and community activists spending their limited operating budgets." AGW is a massive industry.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 01:12:15 PM »
I liked the part about "regional environmental groups and community activists spending their limited operating budgets." AGW is a massive industry.
link?
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 01:23:22 PM »
I enjoyed the "90% of the worlds scientist" agree that there is global warming. woof   :lol:

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 01:31:56 PM »
link?

Google Al Gore

Offline Dave Wooderson

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 01:37:42 PM »
Some people can be so obtuse and anyone who believes the left side of this flowchart fits into this category.  This completely leaves out the flow chart where huge governments, with way more money than "Big Energy", which are seeking more power, spend billions in grants to scientists.  These grants are also awarded in a manner, through reoccurance, to influence an outcome that will increase power and control to the governments over the people and the economy.

But these obtuse people keep cheering, clueless that this will impact their economic and social freedom in a negative way.
Wait a minute guys... I don't play golf... for money... against people.

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 02:22:09 PM »

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 02:58:01 PM »
link?

Sure, start here.

Then read this.

Then finish up with a nice cup of this.

Global warmers $600 million, skeptics $4.4 million
February 27, 2012 by Don Surber

Among the many, many myths of the crackpot global warming theory is that there is this huge cartel of carbon companies which is financing studies that debunk global warming, reminiscent of tobacco company-funded research in the 1950s. The truth is, global warming is where the money is. Not only are governments pouring millions into grants to “prove” global warming — after all, higher taxes is the only “solution” ever offered — but liberal organizations are pouring hundreds of millions of dollars into this.

The folks at EU Referendum did the math. The Heartland Institute has an annual budget of $4.4 million. Recently Peter Gleick, a global warming hero, cyber-attacked Heartland in an attempt to discredit Heartland. What they cannot prove with science, they make up for in attacks and bullying. But Heartland’s budget is puny.

From EU Referendum:

The Climate Works Foundation, though, is of special interest as it was in 2008, awarded $460,800,000 from the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation, a grant-making organization with assets of $7.2 billion, which disbursed $353,400,000 in grants in 2011. It has made another grant to Climate Works only last week of $100 million -– bringing the total grants to this organization to just short of $600 million.

Where such huge funding is devoted to global warming advocacy, and policy development, there must indeed be a distortion of the democratic process, especially where politicians are also being paid. These organizations must come clean about the sources of their money, and provide exact details of how much is paid to which organizations, for what purposes.

Skeptics are overwhelmed by proponents. Skeptics have only science to offer — not fairy tales about Big Carbon being the new Big Tobacco.

From Richard Siegmund Lindzen, 72, an atmospheric physicist at MIT:

Our recent work on the early faint sun may prove particularly important. 2.5 billion years ago, when the sun was 20% less bright (compared to the 2% change in the radiative budget associated with doubling CO2), evidence suggests that the oceans were unfrozen and the temperature was not very different from today’s. No greenhouse gas solution has worked, but a negative cloud feedback does. You now have some idea of why I think that there won’t be much warming due to CO2, and without significant global warming, it is impossible to tie catastrophes to such warming. Even with significant warming it would have been extremely difficult to make this connection.

Perhaps we should stop accepting the term, ‘skeptic.’ Skepticism implies doubts about a plausible proposition. Current global warming alarm hardly represents a plausible proposition. Twenty years of repetition and escalation of claims does not make it more plausible. Quite the contrary, the failure to improve the case over 20 years makes the case even less plausible as does the evidence from climategate and other instances of overt cheating. In the meantime, while I avoid making forecasts for tenths of a degree change in globally averaged temperature anomaly, I am quite willing to state that unprecedented climate catastrophes are not on the horizon though in several thousand years we may return to an ice age

The bad guys always seem to outnumber us — at the beginning.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 03:06:48 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2012, 04:06:44 PM »
I enjoyed the "90% of the worlds scientist" agree that there is global warming. woof   :lol:

is it really 99%??   :dunno:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2012, 06:25:28 PM »
UH OH, looks like we are headed for another mini ice age like in the '70s.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2012, 07:28:12 PM »
I'm not 100% certain you are aware of this but it's hot as hell right now and we are having tornados like a mother rough rider. 

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2012, 08:37:49 PM »
I agree oil companies are completely out of control and have too much influence, but all the global warming stuff is a farce for "green" technology which isnt economically feasible and no one wants. Dumb world we live in.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2012, 08:52:30 PM »
I'm not 100% certain you are aware of this but it's hot as hell right now and we are having tornados like a mother rough rider.

Case closed, folks. It's well known that the weather of the continental US is perfectly representative of global climate. Case. Closed.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2012, 10:35:27 PM »

Case closed, folks. It's well known that the weather of the continental US is perfectly representative of global climate. Case. Closed.

how many times did it snow outside my house this winter?  Zero.  Normally at least 5 solid storms.

Oh yeah, it was rough ridin' 80 today.

score one for the good guys.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2012, 11:03:11 PM »
Yes, I really think you're on to something. You should be a scientist.

Or you could just read this article, or any number like it that are easily Googled, explaining the effect of La Nina this year. So, so stupid.

Also, this article provides a clearer explanation, but its from Fox News, so I know you won't trust it.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 11:10:52 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
flow chart
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2012, 11:31:25 PM »
Stevedave, I liked your chart.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2012, 10:10:47 AM »

how many times did it snow outside my house this winter?  Zero.  Normally at least 5 solid storms.

It's snowing now. I guess this disproved global warming? The liberal thought process is too funny.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2012, 10:15:25 AM »

It's snowing now. I guess this disproved global warming? The liberal thought process is too funny.

it's not snowing where i am.  in fact, it's like 60 something right now.  so my point still stands.

me - 1

dumbass hick - 0

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2012, 10:16:59 AM »
it's not snowing in Omaha and we usually have, like, 75 feet of snow on the ground now.  I bet the ocean is a huge warm bath of dead polar bears right now. 

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2012, 10:19:36 AM »
dumbass hicks -

ever see happy feet?

the little guy isn't happy anymore.  not even close.  not even close.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2012, 10:22:01 AM »
Still amazed at people who don't understand the difference between weather and climate.  This goes for people on both sides of this issue BTW.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2012, 10:23:58 AM »
Ok, you guys got me. I should have known you were joking. Nobody, not even a lib, could possibly be stupid enough to believe our current warm winter is proof of AGW. Good one!

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2012, 10:27:53 AM »
Ok, you guys got me. I should have known you were joking. Nobody, not even a lib, could possibly be stupid enough to believe our current warm winter is proof of AGW. Good one!

it's jesus

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2012, 11:04:43 AM »

it's jesus

Please capitalize the name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. That kind of disrespect is liable to get you killed by some crazy Christian extremist.