Author Topic: Best BBall Goal for the $  (Read 3543 times)

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
Re: Best BBall Goal for the $
« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2012, 05:33:21 PM »
Our Future Pro goal was pretty dece. You should buy from the Kansas manufacturer if the price difference isn't outrageous. Be loyal to your roots and whatnot. Or be a complete fuckshit bad person traitor like Dlew12 who cares more about "being published" than about kindness for the people close to him.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 29, 2012, 05:35:05 PM »
Will all of you remember where you were when the goEMAW DU v. DU turf war of 2012 broke out? Never forget.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 29, 2012, 05:38:02 PM »
Our Future Pro goal was pretty dece. You should buy from the Kansas manufacturer if the price difference isn't outrageous. Be loyal to your roots and whatnot. Or be a complete fuckshit bad person traitor like Dlew12 who cares more about "being published" than about kindness for the people close to him.
Don't jinx this you bastard.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 29, 2012, 07:33:22 PM »
Don't jinx this you bastard.

You'll find new, better friends when you get to the top Dlew

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2012, 11:11:16 AM »

Bought a Goaliath last weekend at Dicks in Wichita.  Will most likely hang the backboard this weekend.  Was less than $1000 and looked to be a pretty decent goal. 
@mikec2w

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2012, 12:55:17 PM »

Bought a Goaliath last weekend at Dicks in Wichita.  Will most likely hang the backboard this weekend.  Was less than $1000 and looked to be a pretty decent goal. 

I think it is pretty clear that bball goals are no longer the focus of this thread, please stay on topic.
:adios:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2012, 01:15:09 PM »

your neighbor 3 houses down is going to have an adjustable Future Pro put in and shame you in front of your kids

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2012, 01:18:13 PM »

your neighbor 3 houses down is going to have an adjustable Future Pro put in and shame you in front of your kids

Probably so, but we plan on moving within the next year or two so it is short term.
@mikec2w

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2012, 01:22:51 PM »
people where I grew up put in an adjustable clear backboard Future Pro.  was probably the greatest thing that ever happend to our town. 

link

•Off-glass goal mounting protects the backboard from stress when players contact the rim during slam dunk action

:drool:

Similar thing happened in Nicname's hometown.  I think every kid in town played on that Future Pro at one time or another.  Dunkball.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2012, 01:25:22 PM »
Also, it isn't as cool, but getting a white backboard on your Future Pro is probably a better idea than the glass depending on the shooting background.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2012, 01:26:52 PM »
Also, it isn't as cool, but getting a white backboard on your Future Pro is probably a better idea than the glass depending on the shooting background.

yeah, it's a good idea if you want your kid to get to jr. high tryouts and not make the team because his layups pound off the glass back to mid court.   :flush:

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2012, 02:54:04 PM »

yeah, it's a good idea if you want your kid to get to jr. high tryouts and not make the team because his layups pound off the glass back to mid court.   :flush:

Jeeze, you know words can hurt feelings stevedave.

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2012, 03:02:13 PM »

Jeeze, you know words can hurt feelings stevedave.

I don't think he meant it in a bad way.   :D

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2012, 03:24:25 PM »
We also played on a future pro in my home town.  Every varsity and JV player for GCHS would go to a guys house named Mr. Boone and play on the goal.  We would play 3 on 3 dunk ball at 9' and it was brutal.  Amazingly intense and physical.  I really think it helped us though when the season started those games were ridiculous.

Also if you have the chance to play in Dighton's dunk ball tournament do it.  If you don't like contact don't bother.

Dobber I don't know where you live but in Wichita in the Delano district there is a store closing that sells outdoor equipment like goals and all of their stuff is 50% off. 

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2012, 03:27:09 PM »
i had an Inman bball hoop. as elite as it gets. i won many k-state games with last second shots in my driveway.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2012, 11:39:27 AM »
Update: Thanks for the advice and for injecting the turf war. Been busy with work, but I am now going forward with this. I was very close to buying the FuturePRO, but then was told about a guy in Hillsboro that makes his own and sells them. I have played on a couple of them and they are great. Their crank mechanism is better than the FuturePRO. This guy used to actually buy the backboard and rim from FuturePRO, but then he found a place with a heavier duty spring and has switched. I am going to have him ship one out to NC and then show all these Tar Heel state freaks how we DOB back in KS. I will try to update with a picture when it is complete.