Author Topic: jesus christ ku  (Read 59605 times)

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
Re: jesus christ ku
« Reply #175 on: February 27, 2012, 01:29:58 PM »
TRob hammered him Beems . . . that's what should make the whole thing that much more enjoyable.   ku got their payback on an obvious foul and beat mu, pretty much denying mu a chance to win the conference title.  This should be cause for great celebration on your part, but instead you're all  :chainsaw: as usual.

Sad

Yeah I don't get it either.  If I was a ku fan I would be rubbing that play in their faces so hard.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 27, 2012, 01:30:13 PM »
you're right. Should have been an offensive foul. KU got screwed.

Dixon pushed off a KU defender at the end of overtime, which should have been a foul.  You guys saw that push off crap firsthand in your game in Columbia.  What happened to our TSC lovefest?  This is unbelievable.

i don't let my TSC bias get in the way of my brain. I'm glad KU won and all that, but 90% of everybody but the officials and KU fans think that's a foul. I would be loving this if i were you...but no, go ahead and keep defending the LAW OF VERTICALITY!!!12!!!
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 27, 2012, 01:30:27 PM »

Dixon pushed off a KU defender at the end of overtime, which should have been a foul.  You guys saw that push off crap firsthand in your game in Columbia.  What happened to our TSC lovefest?  This is unbelievable.

I love that the refs decided to screw Mizzou, personally.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 27, 2012, 01:32:00 PM »
Pressey initiated the contact.  It was a clean block.  You guys can bitch and be as butthurt about it all you want.  The officials made the right no call.  KU won.  Let it go. 

No one said the block wasn't clean, but even you have to admit the contact after the block gets a foul call at nearly any other moment in any basketball game.

Not if you understand the rules of basketball and understand that basketball is a contact sport.  There is legal contact and illegal contact.  T-Rob made a clean block and went straight up.  Pressey ran into him on the drive and initiated the contact.  The officials saw it that way, KU fans saw it that way, butthurt K-State/Mizzou clowns and Jay Bilas saw it another way.

You know that almost any time you bring your arm down with that kind of force after a block you get a foul called, especially if the arm makes contact with the shooter. Again, I don't deny the intial block was clean, and I'll even concede verticality, even though that is sketchy. I'll concede a no call on the body contact. But when you bring your arm and contact the shooter in the head with your elbow that is called a foul 99% of the time.

Where was his arm supposed to go?  He brought it back down to his side, but by that point, Pressey had run into him and initiated contact.  Look at the picture.  Pressey's the one who pretty much punched T-Rob on the face with his follow through. 

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 27, 2012, 01:32:53 PM »
Section 74. Verticality
Art. 1. Verticality applies to a legal position. The basic components of the principle of verticality are:
a. Legal guarding position must be established and attained initially, and movement thereafter must be legal.
b.    From such position, the defender may rise or jump vertically and occupy the space within his or her vertical plane.
c. The hands and arms of the defender may be raised within his or her vertical plane while the defender is on the playing court or in the air.
d. The defender shall not be penalized for leaving the playing court vertically or having his or her hands and arms extended within the vertical plane.
e.    The offensive player, whether on the playing court or airborne, shall not “clear out” or cause contact that is not incidental.
f.    The defender may not “belly up” or use the lower part of the body or arms to cause contact outside his or her vertical plane.
g.    The player with the ball shall be given no more protection or consideration than the defender in the judging of which, if either, player has violated the principle of verticality.

Well I think we've identified the problem everybody.  After seeing the clear video and listening to Beems' arguments, it's obvious that he just doesn't know what "vertical" means.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: February 27, 2012, 01:35:44 PM »
Beems is really showing his low bbig in this thread. He's also showing his ignorance.  :sdeek:

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 27, 2012, 01:35:52 PM »

Its fantastic . . . I mean man, I envy the fist pumping T-Shirt ku fans got to do.

Quit lying, 'Pad.  You are just as butthurt as any Mizzou fan out there.  You hate KU with every ounce and fiber of your being.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 27, 2012, 01:37:14 PM »

Its fantastic . . . I mean man, I envy the fist pumping T-Shirt ku fans got to do.

I don't envy them . . . because I was fist pumping my ass off right there with them.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 27, 2012, 01:40:29 PM »
Pressey initiated the contact.  It was a clean block.  You guys can bitch and be as butthurt about it all you want.  The officials made the right no call.  KU won.  Let it go. 

No one said the block wasn't clean, but even you have to admit the contact after the block gets a foul call at nearly any other moment in any basketball game.

Not if you understand the rules of basketball and understand that basketball is a contact sport.  There is legal contact and illegal contact.  T-Rob made a clean block and went straight up.  Pressey ran into him on the drive and initiated the contact.  The officials saw it that way, KU fans saw it that way, butthurt K-State/Mizzou clowns and Jay Bilas saw it another way.

You know that almost any time you bring your arm down with that kind of force after a block you get a foul called, especially if the arm makes contact with the shooter. Again, I don't deny the intial block was clean, and I'll even concede verticality, even though that is sketchy. I'll concede a no call on the body contact. But when you bring your arm and contact the shooter in the head with your elbow that is called a foul 99% of the time.

Where was his arm supposed to go?  He brought it back down to his side, but by that point, Pressey had run into him and initiated contact.  Look at the picture.  Pressey's the one who pretty much punched T-Rob on the face with his follow through. 

Just look at how straight up T-Rob's arm is.

C'mon Beems. We're jealous that we don't get these calls. But I have to admit it's funny that you meltdown after KU wins than you do losses.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 27, 2012, 01:40:38 PM »
Another thing you butthurt clowns are failing to acknowledge is that Pressey put up a floater, which had to be blocked at the peak of the shot, which meant that T-Rob had to swat it.  He couldn't just keep his arms straight up like you can when you're defending the post.  It was a clean block where incidental contact occurred after the shot.  Get over it. 

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 27, 2012, 01:42:55 PM »
Another thing you butthurt clowns are failing to acknowledge is that Pressey put up a floater, which had to be blocked at the peak of the shot, which meant that T-Rob had to swat it.  He couldn't just keep his arms straight up like you can when you're defending the post.  It was a clean block where incidental contact occurred after the shot.  Get over it.
  :flush: :flush: :flush:

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 27, 2012, 01:45:09 PM »

Quit lying, 'Pad.  You are just as butthurt as any Mizzou fan out there.  You hate KU with every ounce and fiber of your being.

I dislike mu way more than that I dislike ku . . . I don't get you dude, you're a complete psychotic sometimes.

Yeah, I'm the one who's psychotic because I won't validate your warped view of reality.  T-Rob made a great block to seal the game for TSC, and all you butthurt clowns can do is bitch and moan and complain that it was a foul.  Like I said, the officials didn't think it was a foul.  The announcers at the game didn't think it was a foul.  Only butthurt KU haters and Jay Bilas thought it was a foul. 

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 27, 2012, 01:45:44 PM »
trob went beast mode on that shot.

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 27, 2012, 01:46:19 PM »
trob went beast mode on that shot.

and with the elbow to the head  :love:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 27, 2012, 01:47:54 PM »

So his arms weren't vertical?

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 27, 2012, 01:52:39 PM »

C'mon Beems. We're jealous that we don't get these calls. But I have to admit it's funny that you meltdown after KU wins than you do losses.

He swatted the ball before contact was initiated.  It isn't like Pressey and T-Rob were right next to each other when the shot went up.  I've explained this already.  And I will fully admit that the foul on Tyshawn at the end was ticky tack at best, and probably shouldn't have been called.  I'm not going to budge on this T-Rob thing, though.  It was a clean block. 

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 27, 2012, 01:55:07 PM »
Block on pressey was clean. How could anyone argue this?

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 27, 2012, 02:00:34 PM »
Ben, I don't think I have ever jumped in on anything involving your posts, but imagine if you would have started with this:

Ben: Holy crap, can you believe they didn't call a foul on T-Rob at the end??!?! That was fricking awesome!! :tsc: :tsc: :tsc:

Every goEMAW'er: God that was great! We rarely get anything that blatant, but I was  :tsc: all the way!!!

(See how epic it could have been? Instead you are all :chainsaw: and :shakesfist: You are ruining :tsc:)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 27, 2012, 02:01:38 PM »
Only butthurt KU haters and Jay Bilas thought it was a foul. 

Add Gottlieb and Katz on their espnu podcast today to the ranks of the butthurt haters.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 27, 2012, 02:01:57 PM »
I love the rationalization by most KU fans. They always think that since their program is great at basketball, that they think they know the game better then you initially. Beems you can't even argue with this statement.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: February 27, 2012, 02:02:41 PM »
It's a little dark in here but:

:tsc:

I'm too hydrated to supply an accurate liquid sample for MU's color. Maybe later I'll be able to oblige.

This post almost brought me to tears of joy.  TSC!!!

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 27, 2012, 02:03:32 PM »

Honestly, I'm not sure.  Usually on a close play, I'm waiting to hear if there was a whistle.  I didn't even think twice about it on that block... it was as clean of a block as I've seen all season.  It takes some serious KU hatred to watch this play and think to yourself, "yeah, that's a foul."  Not even close.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 27, 2012, 02:04:59 PM »

He swatted the ball before contact was initiated.  It isn't like Pressey and T-Rob were right next to each other when the shot went up.  I've explained this already.  And I will fully admit that the foul on Tyshawn at the end was ticky tack at best, and probably shouldn't have been called.  I'm not going to budge on this T-Rob thing, though.  It was a clean block.

Nobody's saying it wasn't a clean block.  It was the ax handle to the temple AFTER the block that we're talking about.  If there's anything Manning should be commended for, it's how precisely and consistently he's taught the KU big men to be some of the dirtiest player in all of college basketball and not get called for it.  By their final years at KU, they get away with murder.  I'd kill a drifter for K-State to have a roided out dirty mother-rough rider like T-Rob on the team.  But here you are melting down about it.  You're a strange dude.  :confused:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 27, 2012, 02:07:07 PM »

Honestly, I'm not sure.  Usually on a close play, I'm waiting to hear if there was a whistle.  I didn't even think twice about it on that block... it was as clean of a block as I've seen all season.  It takes some serious KU hatred to watch this play and think to yourself, "yeah, that's a foul."  Not even close.

God...look how he just elbows him in the face and rips him to the ground on his way down.  You're so blessed, Beems.

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 27, 2012, 02:13:42 PM »

Nobody's saying it wasn't a clean block.  It was the ax handle to the temple AFTER the block that we're talking about.  If there's anything Manning should be commended for, it's how precisely and consistently he's taught the KU big men to be some of the dirtiest player in all of college basketball and not get called for it.  By their final years at KU, they get away with murder.  I'd kill a drifter for K-State to have a roided out dirty mother-rough rider like T-Rob on the team.  But here you are melting down about it.  You're a strange dude.  :confused:

Back-handed compliment after back-handed compliment.  Great stuff.  Apparently any time I respond multiple times in the same thread it's a meltdown.  Apparently I'm a "strange dude" because I love KU, and I don't think T-Rob deserved a foul on that play.  Apparently T-Rob is "roided out" and "dirty" because he has had one technical foul all season and plays with toughness and intensity.  You guys never cease to amaze me with this garbage.