Author Topic: great day for gpc recruiting tardism  (Read 6040 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
great day for gpc recruiting tardism
« on: March 09, 2010, 02:40:24 PM »
a brief summary:

art alvarez is nothing like brian butler.  because he selflessly directs bball recruits out of state to environments that are better fits for them.  also doesn't like attention.

you can't expect 'te 420k to pull top 50/top 100ish kids out of dc.  for god's sake, they're going to want to play for one of the higher profile schools close to home (re. goodman).

kstate has as good as chance as anyone/is the frontrunner for cook.  i mean have you seen 'te420k's recruiting connections to the assault?   :excited:

no way cook would care if kstate takes rodriguez-tricoche.  guys that good are pure self confidence.  he has to be looking at the pg hole at kstate and salivating.  also won't care that russell is going to step in and pg kstate for the next 3 yrs, which he will.

i wonder if cook will bring other top 50 dc recruits to kstate?  probably.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
Re: great day for gpc recruiting tardism
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 02:41:51 PM »
:flush:
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 02:43:28 PM »
Is the comic book queer leading the charge?

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 02:52:12 PM »
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 02:54:02 PM »

Which one is that?  Seems like that fits quite a few. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 03:12:27 PM »
a brief summary:

art alvarez is nothing like brian butler.  because he selflessly directs bball recruits out of state to environments that are better fits for them.  also doesn't like attention.

you can't expect 'te 420k to pull top 50/top 100ish kids out of dc.  for god's sake, they're going to want to play for one of the higher profile schools close to home (re. goodman).

kstate has as good as chance as anyone/is the frontrunner for cook.  i mean have you seen 'te420k's recruiting connections to the assault?   :excited:

no way cook would care if kstate takes rodriguez-tricoche.  guys that good are pure self confidence.  he has to be looking at the pg hole at kstate and salivating.  also won't care that russell is going to step in and pg kstate for the next 3 yrs, which he will.

i wonder if cook will bring other top 50 dc recruits to kstate?  probably.

That place is unbelievable.  I mean, I have a hard time believing some of that stuff is real.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 03:17:45 PM »
the alvarez-butler stuff is the best and what puts it over the top.  the rest is mostly just typical gpc super optimism.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2010, 03:27:43 PM »

You're right in that fits the description for about 100 of them. But I was referring to bclaymoore.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2010, 03:29:11 PM »
Loving the the "Lawrence is more like DC and NYC" culturally . . . idiocy which melds with the "it's hard to recruit here" thinking . . . as combined with the Te420k excuse making.

I've been to NYC and DC, didn't see any Co-Op's, feed stores, grain silos, corn fields, American-Indian dance clubs or farm implement dealerships.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2010, 03:40:42 PM »

You're right in that fits the description for about 100 of them. But I was referring to bclaymoore.

Oh man, he's one of my favorites.  He's kind of the young Oldefella....always laboring to be a "voice of reason."

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2010, 04:02:50 PM »

Oh man, he's one of my favorites.  He's kind of the young Oldefella....always laboring to be a "voice of reason."

Yeah.  Trying to be the "voice of reason" is pretty dumb.  I know, b/c I used to try to do just that.  Probably still do sometimes.  Still dumb.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2010, 04:19:27 PM »
Yeah.  Trying to be the "voice of reason" is pretty dumb.  I know, b/c I used to try to do just that.  Probably still do sometimes.  Still dumb.

me too.  grew out of it quickly though.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2010, 04:32:52 PM »
That's silly guys. I'm the only reasonable VoR around here. Which is why I never joined gopo.

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2010, 05:03:16 PM »
great update, guys.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2010, 07:35:24 PM »
They are not down with the 'Te needs to get off of his ass mantra, they think he is the worlds best recruiter.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2010, 07:44:29 PM »
Southwell and Spradling may not be ranked highly, but both guys are going to be good players for K-State down the road.  Similar to Royce Woolridge at KU.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2010, 07:59:14 PM »
Southwell and Spradling may not be ranked highly, but both guys are going to be good players for K-State down the road.  Similar to Royce Woolridge at KU.

I'll have to double check my notes, but I'm pretty sure I have Royce listed as a "garbage" player.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2010, 08:01:36 PM »

I'll have to double check my notes, but I'm pretty sure I have Royce listed as a "garbage" player.
:lol:

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2010, 07:26:20 AM »
who the hell is Royce Wooldridge? Bastard child of Neckbrace?

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2010, 11:07:49 AM »
Loving the the "Lawrence is more like DC and NYC" culturally . . . idiocy which melds with the "it's hard to recruit here" thinking . . . as combined with the Te420k excuse making.

I've been to NYC and DC, didn't see any Co-Op's, feed stores, grain silos, corn fields, American-Indian dance clubs or farm implement dealerships.

Or Miami/Jefferson/Osage/Douglas county hillbillies.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2010, 12:29:45 PM »
The ability to discuss recruiting on that board died years ago.  None of what's posted anymore in that regard really makes much sense.

There are a couple of guys who can find some random stuff on Google who I track, but overall, some of those guys are really out there.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2010, 12:31:28 PM »
The ability to discuss recruiting on that board died years ago.  None of what's posted anymore in that regard really makes much sense.

There are a couple of guys who can find some random stuff on Google who I track, but overall, some of those guys are really out there.

bout time you made the trek over here Panj.   :cheers:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2010, 12:46:58 PM »

there is definitely good information that comes out on that board.  it's just the discussion/board consensus that is funny.  not just overly optimistic, funnier than that.

like the alvarez-butler comparo.  i don't see how a rational human could deny that there are parallels between the two, and that kstatefan love/hate of either is a completely partisian exercise.  not acknowledging that isn't drinking kool-aid, it's something else.  something more Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2010, 12:48:59 PM »

there is definitely good information that comes out on that board.  it's just the discussion/board consensus that is funny.  not just overly optimistic, funnier than that.

like the alvarez-butler comparo.  i don't see how a rational human could deny that there are parallels between the two, and that kstatefan love/hate of either is a completely partisian exercise.  not acknowledging that isn't drinking kool-aid, it's something else.  something more Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

Yeah, if football had something like AAU, guys like Butler would run the programs.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2010, 12:50:41 PM »
Pan :love: