Author Topic: santorum  (Read 18443 times)

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
Re: santorum
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2012, 03:37:48 PM »
Romney will end up with the nomination unless somebody unknown pops out of the woodwork in the next few weeks.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2012, 04:18:09 PM »
Romney will end up with the nomination unless somebody unknown pops out of the woodwork in the next few weeks.

Short of a brokered convention, I don't think that is possible. A new entrant probably couldn't even get on the ballet in most states.

I think Michigan and Ohio will both break late for Romney, just like Florida. Now that spotlight is shining on Santorum, he is imploding almost as fast as Gingrich did.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2012, 07:49:19 PM »
EMAW

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2012, 11:36:08 AM »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2012, 10:27:55 PM »

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2012, 09:58:00 AM »
It's funny how liberals prioritize certain issues. Kinda meh about the national debt, jobs, and foreign policy, but criticize premarital sex or homosexuality and its a call to action!!
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2012, 09:59:42 AM »
It's funny how liberals prioritize certain issues. Kinda meh about the national debt, jobs, and foreign policy, but criticize premarital sex or homosexuality and its a call to action!!

neocon parody post? 

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2012, 10:02:41 AM »

every republican speech for the last 10 years:  abortion is evil, gays are evil, don't take our guns, don't let colored people in the country, god bless america (in that order)

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2012, 11:35:36 AM »

Quote from: Rick Santorum
    This whole idea of personal autonomy, well I don’t think most conservatives hold that point of view. Some do. They have this idea that people should be left alone, be able to do whatever they want to do, government should keep our taxes down and keep our regulations low, keep our regulations low, that we shouldn’t get involved in the bedroom, we shouldn’t get involved in cultural issues.

That is not how traditional conservatives view the world. There is no such society that I’m aware of, where we’ve had radical individualism and that it succeeds as a culture.”

It's funny how republicans supposedly want the government to leave them alone.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2012, 12:33:54 PM »

Quote from: Rick Santorum
    This whole idea of personal autonomy, well I don’t think most conservatives hold that point of view. Some do. They have this idea that people should be left alone, be able to do whatever they want to do, government should keep our taxes down and keep our regulations low, keep our regulations low, that we shouldn’t get involved in the bedroom, we shouldn’t get involved in cultural issues.

That is not how traditional conservatives view the world. There is no such society that I’m aware of, where we’ve had radical individualism and that it succeeds as a culture.”

It's funny how republicans supposedly want the government to leave them alone.

Right. I'm not denying the inconsistency between advocating for small government and for more federal intervention on social issues. I just think its funny that these are the issues liberals really get bent out of shape over. These, and pot legalization. I've actually got a liberal friend who says's he's "fiscally conservative" but still supports Obama because of the gay marriage issue. He's not even gay, just a liberal with some seriously messed up priorities.

And while there are certainly "social conservatives" who put these types of issues first and foremost, Santorum being one of them, they have largely taken a back seat in the GOP recently. Most GOP politicians are focusing on the debt and jobs, as they should be. The Tea Party has refused to even touch social issues, for good reason.

Liberals are funny people.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2012, 12:35:42 PM »
I've actually got a liberal friend who says's he's "fiscally conservative" but still supports Obama because of the gay marriage issue. He's not even gay, just a liberal with some seriously messed up priorities.

ok, you went to far here.  you had a great run but you have to know how far is to far to not blow cover.  confirmed conservative parody sock fellas.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2012, 02:25:34 PM »
It's funny how liberals and conservatives prioritize certain issues. Kinda meh about the national debt, jobs, and foreign policy, but criticize premarital sex or homosexuality and its a call to action!!

fix'd

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2012, 02:48:47 PM »
It's funny how liberals and conservatives prioritize certain issues. Kinda meh about the national debt, jobs, and foreign policy, but criticize premarital sex or homosexuality and its a call to action!!

fix'd

Well, yeah, but again, how could any rational person think that pot legalization, premarital sex, or gay marriage is more important than 15% real unemployment or a $15 trillion debt growing by $1.5 trillion per year? The stuff that causes libs to go crazy is just comical.

Reminds me of that question Stephanopolous asked a few debates ago about whether the states have the right to prohibit contraception. The audience just kind of laughed. These are the serious issues of the day for liberals.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 02:52:33 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2012, 02:59:32 PM »

fix'd

Well, yeah, but again, how could any rational person think that pot legalization, premarital sex, or gay marriage is more important than 15% real unemployment or a $15 trillion debt growing by $1.5 trillion per year? The stuff that causes libs to go crazy is just comical.

I don't see how any rational person could think that Obama's economic policy has been significantly different from what a Republican president would have done.

Really, his stance on gay marriage isn't any different from most republicans, either.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2012, 03:11:57 PM »

fix'd

Reminds me of that question Stephanopolous asked a few debates ago about whether the states have the right to prohibit contraception. The audience just kind of laughed. These are the serious issues of the day for liberals.

isn't Santorum gaining ground because he is a social conservative.  i.e. the issues that have nothing to do with what you just mentioned as impotant.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2012, 03:22:18 PM »

fix'd

I don't see how any rational person could think that Obama's economic policy has been significantly different from what a Republican president would have done.

Really, his stance on gay marriage isn't any different from most republicans, either.

I don't understand Obama's stance on gay marriage.  If he were a republican, he would be a well known bigoted homophobe.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2012, 03:26:15 PM »

fix'd

Yeah, reducing corp tax rate from 34% to 28%(latest proposal) doesn't seem overly lib.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2012, 03:31:57 PM »
Yeah, reducing corp tax rate from 34% to 28%(latest proposal) doesn't seem overly lib.

It also eliminates loopholes that a lot of small businesses benefit from, so republicans are against it.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2012, 03:34:23 PM »

It also eliminates loopholes that a lot of small businesses benefit from, so republicans are against it.

Yup, it actually turns the cut into an increase unless you get it to about 25%.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2012, 03:36:12 PM »

If you want more revenue, you've got to do three things: (1) simplify the tax code, (2) broaden the base (meaning a less progressive code where the bottom 50% actually pay something in income tax), (3) improve the economy (in part by fixing the tax code, but also by setting a more pro-business agenda).

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2012, 03:36:58 PM »
Right. I'm not denying the inconsistency between advocating for small government and for more federal intervention on social issues. I just think its funny that these are the issues liberals really get bent out of shape over. These, and pot legalization. I've actually got a liberal friend who says's he's "fiscally conservative" but still supports Obama because of the gay marriage issue. He's not even gay, just a liberal with some seriously messed up priorities.

Yeah it's super weird that someone could find issues relating to equality and human rights to be as/more important than money.  Hmm.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2012, 03:45:12 PM »

The plan gets rid of "dozens" of tax breaks when there are over 130 on the books. Most corporations would still pay far less than the 28% tax rate that is proposed. This is a simplification of the tax code, and if it were proposed by a republican president, you would be all for it.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2012, 03:54:33 PM »

The plan gets rid of "dozens" of tax breaks when there are over 130 on the books. Most corporations would still pay far less than the 28% tax rate that is proposed. This is a simplification of the tax code, and if it were proposed by a republican president, you would be all for it.

If it were proposed by republicans, I would guess it would be about 16%, and liberals would scream TAX CUTS FOR THE RICH!!!!11!!!1!!! even though there is proof that lower corporate taxes equate to higher tax revenues.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 04:14:13 PM by john "teach me how to" dougie »

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2012, 03:55:29 PM »

Yeah it's super weird that someone could find issues relating to equality and human rights to be as/more important than money.  Hmm.

:lol: and then they get all preachy, calling it "human rights" and stuff to make it sound more serious. Classic.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2012, 03:56:05 PM »

If you want more revenue, you've got to do three things: (1) simplify the tax code, (2) broaden the base (meaning a less progressive code where the bottom 50% actually pay something in income tax), (3) improve the economy (in part by fixing the tax code, but also by setting a more pro-business agenda).

Couldn't have said it better myself.